Long Bay Resort
US$207
US$155
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)
US$153
US$145
Paradise Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$111
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$103
Official Site
US$257
US$224
Hampton.com
US$200
US$180
The Strand a Boutique Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$95
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
Ocean Reef Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$127
Official Site
2,722 results
All reviewsmartin's restaurantsavoy buildinglazy riverocean view cafelongbay resortocean frontping ponggolf directorpool areathree bedroombedroom condogolf packageparking deckkiddie poolsfamily vacationseveral yearsthe past years
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We checked in on Monday and had to switch rooms due to the first room being very dirty and everything was covered with sand. After switching rooms we went to town and came back and turned the lights on and my daughter screams "Ew something is running on the floor" I was able to catch one of the things she saw and it turned out to be a cockroach. Although the maintenance man stated "Oh this is just a water bug" I know what an American Cockroach looks like and I took plenty of pictures. The night manager was very friendly and refunded my money right there on the spot and she was apologetic. Please take care of the cockroach problem, where there is one there will be others. Room 958.

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Summer T
Corey_Shaw, Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Long Bay Resort. This is one of the many ways we receive feedback, in order to continuously improve the resort and correct any issues that may arise.

I assure you that guest comments are taken seriously and all issues are immediately addressed. While we do have a contract with a 24 hour pest control service, with the coastal climate, it is nearly impossible to completely prevent an occasional sighting. Regardless, they are at our property frequently to perform preventative treatments, and respond immediately to any instances that are reported by guests or staff members.

I sincerely apologize for the poor impression you received from Long Bay Resort. If there is anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Corey S.
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed March 26, 2012

stayed last week in a 3 bedroom condo with 4 guys. room was big and clean. Plenty of room for everyone. Nice big balcony with plenty of chairs.

The hotel has two really big pools, two hot tubs and a sauna.

The included breakfast in our package was very good as well.

will definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Good location, nice beach, nice common areas. We stay in 3 bedroom in Savoy every year which has great views and plenty of room for 4-6 adults to visit. Bathrooms, furniture, etc could stand an update but, all in all, comfortable.

Room Tip: Make sure that you know what you are getting. Oceanview is NOT oceanfront. Some rooms' views blocked by Savoy condos in front of Hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank eahhhhhhhh
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Nice hotel... make sure you get an oceanfront room, otherwise you might have an obstructed view. You can choose to sit by the pool or sit on the beach and rent a couple of chairs for $25 a day, which if you sit on the beach is worth the money! Plenty of restaurants close to the hotel, but you'll need a car.

Room Tip: get an ocean front room
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Debbie2012
Reviewed March 4, 2012

For me, the area where Long Bay Resort is in on the north end of Ocean Blvd right before Grande Dunes is the best Myrtle Beach beachfront. The area is generally fairly quiet and the prices for accomodarions pretty fair. That's why I was a bit surprised when all was not as I expected when I checked in at Long Bay.

I had reserved 'ocean view' but when I checked in (granted it was early), the desk clerk referred to the room she was giving me as 'South View.' Now I suppose some would suggest that if you leaned out over the room's balcony and craned your neck, you would be viewing the ocean, but I prefer 'Ocean View' accomodations that don't require a subsequent visit to the chiropractor.

One other thing about check in. The front desk clerk sent me to the concierge, who I found out was representing Sheraton Broadway Plantation. Is it not enough that I encounter time share sales reps everywhere else in MB? Is Long Bay concerned that I won't otherwise have the opportunity to purchase a sinfully over-priced timeshare unless they partner with these guys?

Room was nice - amenities were nice - bed was comfortable, but I won't be back - even if the comp me an ocean front room.

• Stayed: March 2012