We had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel. It started off on the right foot with a incredibly informative, helpful and all around cool front desk employee, Jacqui. She took the time to explain everything the resort had to offer and gave great directions and recommendations. Terrific asset! We stayed two seperate nights, one with a ocean view room and another ocean front. I suppose I am not overly particular about the view as both were satisfactory to myself and my friend. As long as I am not facing the wall of another building and have a decent view of the ocean, I am pleased. Our rooms were 2 queen with a fair sized flat screen tv, several chairs, a tv stand with drawers and a table. The bath had nice counters and a bath/shower but horrendous water pressure in our 2nd room. That was really the only negative thing I could say about our entire stay. It did take a bit longer to shower, which could be aggravating over the course of a long stay, but was do-able for the night we stayed. The room has a good amount of mirrors for girls to use to get ready. There is a pretty good sized mini fridge and microwave also in the room. Both rooms had a balcony with the standard plastic table and chairs. The property has a nice childs area with a play area pool with waterfalls etc. Best thing about it is that it is totally seperate and away from the main pool. Adults not wanting to be bothered with loud children have a bit of a sanctuary in the main pool area, which is very large and nice with many lounge chairs. There is an indoor pool area with a lazy river and a life size checker & chess set and shuffleboard game. Adequate equip in the workout room and a nice water machine that you can stop in and grab a quick cold or warm water without having to buy a bottled water. We did not eat in the restaurants on site. The beach area was nice and there are a couple good outdoor showers to rinse off at. Parking is in a large garage that is not as cramped & poorly designed as some of the other nearby properties. There are several very good restaurants nearby, chain and independent. And of course my favorite spot for sports and a drink, Jimmgans on Kings Hwy is just a few blocks south. This was a nice stay after a couple bad nights at a nearby property that I am still trying to resolve. We will certainly return to the Long Bay when we come back. We like this area of Myrtle Beach as it is a bit nicer than the south end, a bit more quiet and close to my favorite sports bar and eateries that we enjoy. The mexican restaurant at Kings Hwy and 70th is also a good spot that we have been to several times and enjoyed. The staff at this hotel really is what made it stand out on our visit and is why we will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the more quiet north end of Myrtle Beach you are just seconds from the heart of attractions and restaurants. Long Bay resort has been a favorite among families and golfers for decades. Enjoy newly renovated accommodations with your choice rooms, suites, efficiencies and condo all with the comforts of home. Check out any of our onsite food and beverage outlets, there’s Martins restaurant, the Seaside Cafe, Starbucks Cafe and our oceanfront Tiki Hut. And let’s not forget about the amenities. No beach vacation is completes without a dip in one of our many water features. There’s our in and outdoor kiddies pool areas with silly submarine and mushroom waterfalls, our heated indoor lazy river, our ocean front outdoor pool deck with pool and Jacuzzi, our indoor pool, a sauna and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Otel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Long Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Bay Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Long Bay Resort Myrtle Beach
- Long Bay Myrtle Beach
- Long Bay Resorts Myrtle Beach Sc