“Outstanding staff, nice location, amenities and stay!”
Review of Long Bay Resort

Long Bay Resort
Ranked #39 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
charleston
“Outstanding staff, nice location, amenities and stay!”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel. It started off on the right foot with a incredibly informative, helpful and all around cool front desk employee, Jacqui. She took the time to explain everything the resort had to offer and gave great directions and recommendations. Terrific asset! We stayed two seperate nights, one with a ocean view room and another ocean front. I suppose I am not overly particular about the view as both were satisfactory to myself and my friend. As long as I am not facing the wall of another building and have a decent view of the ocean, I am pleased. Our rooms were 2 queen with a fair sized flat screen tv, several chairs, a tv stand with drawers and a table. The bath had nice counters and a bath/shower but horrendous water pressure in our 2nd room. That was really the only negative thing I could say about our entire stay. It did take a bit longer to shower, which could be aggravating over the course of a long stay, but was do-able for the night we stayed. The room has a good amount of mirrors for girls to use to get ready. There is a pretty good sized mini fridge and microwave also in the room. Both rooms had a balcony with the standard plastic table and chairs. The property has a nice childs area with a play area pool with waterfalls etc. Best thing about it is that it is totally seperate and away from the main pool. Adults not wanting to be bothered with loud children have a bit of a sanctuary in the main pool area, which is very large and nice with many lounge chairs. There is an indoor pool area with a lazy river and a life size checker & chess set and shuffleboard game. Adequate equip in the workout room and a nice water machine that you can stop in and grab a quick cold or warm water without having to buy a bottled water. We did not eat in the restaurants on site. The beach area was nice and there are a couple good outdoor showers to rinse off at. Parking is in a large garage that is not as cramped & poorly designed as some of the other nearby properties. There are several very good restaurants nearby, chain and independent. And of course my favorite spot for sports and a drink, Jimmgans on Kings Hwy is just a few blocks south. This was a nice stay after a couple bad nights at a nearby property that I am still trying to resolve. We will certainly return to the Long Bay when we come back. We like this area of Myrtle Beach as it is a bit nicer than the south end, a bit more quiet and close to my favorite sports bar and eateries that we enjoy. The mexican restaurant at Kings Hwy and 70th is also a good spot that we have been to several times and enjoyed. The staff at this hotel really is what made it stand out on our visit and is why we will return.

Room Tip: Enjoyed 424
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank map0125

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (552)
Reviewed 1 April 2012 via mobile

We checked in on Monday and had to switch rooms due to the first room being very dirty and everything was covered with sand. After switching rooms we went to town and came back and turned the lights on and my daughter screams "Ew something is running on the floor" I was able to catch one of the things she saw and it turned out to be a cockroach. Although the maintenance man stated "Oh this is just a water bug" I know what an American Cockroach looks like and I took plenty of pictures. The night manager was very friendly and refunded my money right there on the spot and she was apologetic. Please take care of the cockroach problem, where there is one there will be others. Room 958.

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Summer T
Corey_Shaw, Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Long Bay Resort. This is one of the many ways we receive feedback, in order to continuously improve the resort and correct any issues that may arise.

I assure you that guest comments are taken seriously and all issues are immediately addressed. While we do have a contract with a 24 hour pest control service, with the coastal climate, it is nearly impossible to completely prevent an occasional sighting. Regardless, they are at our property frequently to perform preventative treatments, and respond immediately to any instances that are reported by guests or staff members.

I sincerely apologize for the poor impression you received from Long Bay Resort. If there is anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Corey S.
Guest Services Manager
New York
Reviewed 26 March 2012

stayed last week in a 3 bedroom condo with 4 guys. room was big and clean. Plenty of room for everyone. Nice big balcony with plenty of chairs.

The hotel has two really big pools, two hot tubs and a sauna.

The included breakfast in our package was very good as well.

will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
South Boston, Virginia
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Good location, nice beach, nice common areas. We stay in 3 bedroom in Savoy every year which has great views and plenty of room for 4-6 adults to visit. Bathrooms, furniture, etc could stand an update but, all in all, comfortable.

Room Tip: Make sure that you know what you are getting. Oceanview is NOT oceanfront. Some rooms' views blo...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank eahhhhhhhh
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Nice hotel... make sure you get an oceanfront room, otherwise you might have an obstructed view. You can choose to sit by the pool or sit on the beach and rent a couple of chairs for $25 a day, which if you sit on the beach is worth the money! Plenty of restaurants close to the hotel, but you'll need a car.

Room Tip: get an ocean front room
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Debbie2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 4 March 2012

For me, the area where Long Bay Resort is in on the north end of Ocean Blvd right before Grande Dunes is the best Myrtle Beach beachfront. The area is generally fairly quiet and the prices for accomodarions pretty fair. That's why I was a bit surprised when all was not as I expected when I checked in at Long Bay.

I had reserved 'ocean view' but when I checked in (granted it was early), the desk clerk referred to the room she was giving me as 'South View.' Now I suppose some would suggest that if you leaned out over the room's balcony and craned your neck, you would be viewing the ocean, but I prefer 'Ocean View' accomodations that don't require a subsequent visit to the chiropractor.

One other thing about check in. The front desk clerk sent me to the concierge, who I found out was representing Sheraton Broadway Plantation. Is it not enough that I encounter time share sales reps everywhere else in MB? Is Long Bay concerned that I won't otherwise have the opportunity to purchase a sinfully over-priced timeshare unless they partner with these guys?

Room was nice - amenities were nice - bed was comfortable, but I won't be back - even if the comp me an ocean front room.

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Joe G
Rutherford, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 March 2012

This was our eighth trip to the Long Bay Resort for our February vacation. From the moment we arrived, the staff - Corey Shaw and Sheryl at the desk - made us feel so welcomed. The women in the golf department, Emily and Sarah, made wonderful tee times for us at great courses, and the three bedroom condo on the ninth floor was just awesome!!! Our dinner at Martin's restaurant with our server Terrence, added to our wonderful stay. You can be sure we'll be back!!!

Room Tip: The rooms near the elevator have the best view. The parking garage goes up to the tenth floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends