“Girls Weekend Away”

Ranked #39 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Roanoke, Virginia
“Girls Weekend Away”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The price was very reasonable for this time of year! The staff was very friendly..one of them even acted like my bellhop in the elevator. Accommodations were nice. The bed was the softest I have slept on in a hotel in a very long time. The lazy river and pools were clean and spacious. There are enough pool chairs where you don't have to be on top of everybody when you are out soaking up the sun. I would (and have) recommend Long Bay to stay out the next time you are at Myrtle Beach!

Room Tip: Call the hotel....don't book online.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank RedHeels24

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (558)
Connecticut, US
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed in a two bedroom apartment on the fourth floor South Tower. The room was very spacious, my kids each had their own full size bed, and my husband and I had a king bed. We had two balconies, they were facing another hotel, but if we turned to the left we had a great view of the ocean. I slept with my windows open every night, and there was a little street noise, but I could still hear the ocean. The pools were fabulous, my kids couldn't get enough of the lazy river, and I loved the heated pool (like a bath tub, perfect for me). The ocean is right behind the hotel, we spent time on the beach every day, it's just stunning! We ate at Martin's (the restaurant in the hotel), twice for the breakfast buffet, and once for dinner, it was quite tasty.

The only down side was our room had a musty smell to it, we kept the sliders open and that helped, but I think its time to replace the carpets.

We will definitely be back, the price was amazing for what we got! And I loved the location, away from the "action" but not too far.

1 Thank Kat1999
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We have stayed at the Long Bay Resort almost every time we've been to Myrtle Beach (about twice a year, in the spring and between Christmas and New Year's) over the last several years. The price is always reasonable, the pools are great, the staff is attentive and friendly, beach access is fantastic. On the few occasions we have tried someplace else, we were always disappointed that they didn't measure up to the Long Bay.. The only reason I didn't give it the highest rating was that last winter there was a leak in one of the bathrooms that made the floor wet and seeped into a hall carpet. The maintenance people checked it out and brought in an industrial fan to dry everything out, but never came back to fix the problem. We didn't complain to management because we were leaving soon, but it was a surprising lapse.

Room Tip: It is worth it to get an ocean view!
1 Thank kenbrad
Florence, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We had a great experience during our stay at the Long Bay resort this week. From making the reservation, to checking in, to check out, everyone was extremely friendly and helpful, The room was exactly what we requested and the price was the best of the many hotels we priced for our stay. Great location. Love the Starbucks being so convenient too! We'll defintely return to the Long Bay!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I had a great experience with the long bay resort. The price was fair and the staff was awesome, always fresh sheets and on top of their game. The pools and hot tubs were awesome, 4 hot tubs all at different temperatures from warm to hard core hot I loved it. The pools were semi indoor and outdoor heated and non heated a plus for sure. They even have a silly submarine for children of all ages my 1 year old had a blast. Roof top sun bathing and pool side sun bathing. There is a restaurant that has an excellent menu and alcohol for the parents to relax at a reasonable price not price gouging at all. The parking is the best I could ask for. I stayed on the fifth floor and my car was 20 feet from my room the parking deck is attached to the resort and very convenient. I'm sure I missed some great things to do there but ill see them next time because I'm going back without a doubt.

• Stayed April 2012
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 19 April 2012

What an Awesome Hotel!!! From the time we checked in until we departed my party of 14 guys enjoyed every facet of the Hotel. Great Golf Courses!!!

Room Tip: If you have a group of 5, I highly recommend the penhouse, great view, very spacious.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Wapwallopen, PA
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Just returned home from an absolutely great mini vacation in Myrtle Beach at Long Bay. The staff was fantastic, very helpful and always friendly. The restaurant was wonderful. Would definitely return and recommend to anyone that we know are going to visit the area.