“Amazing everything, a little spendy though”

Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort & Spa at Grande Dunes
Ranked #14 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
richmond
“Amazing everything, a little spendy though”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Nice balcony ocean view. Rooms were cleaned everyday by the maids, and they left me a cake dessert for me on my birthday, chocolates other days. A downer was the pool bar closing at 5 p.m. which was a downer for us, as we wanted to sip some drinks by the pool after running around all day. An expensive margarita.. $9.78 , menu price $8, they do not mention tax on top of it. They were not amazing either. A luke-warm beer for $6. Everything else was great but the poolside service. There were no chairs at the beach, and each chair by the pool said you need to reserve it for the day. Alot of conventions going on, like when we were there it was a fraternity, who had a 2 a.m. party on the beach, not too happy I had to close my patio door when the ocean was breezing in so nicely. They were very loud. The location is nice because it's a couple miles from myrtle beach attractions.

Room Tip: We were poolside and facing the ocean. The only downer was we had to have 2 queens and not one king...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
Atlanta
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Lovely accomodations and very comfortable. The property was beautiful and perfectly manicured. Entire staff from Valet to Check-Out were superb. The room had a perfect view, extremely luxurious. The pool area was incredible, pool side service was excellent, hot tubs were perfect temperature. We had a great time and I especially loved the hammock!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Mt Pleasant
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I live only two hours away, and this is where I go to relax and feel pampered! The hotel is on the beach, and is secluded. This is key because there are hundreds of "resorts" in Myrtle Beach that look like they are secluded...but they are squeezed in between other businesses/hotels on a noisy drag of main Myrtle. This is a TRUE resort. Gorgeous. The bar inside is posh, and so romantic. The staff is incredible. I love driving into the property; as I see the valet there waiting for me, I can finally relax! The rooms are lovely, the pools are incredible, the beach is pristine, the kid activities are innumerable in the spring and summer. I live 5 miles from Isle of Palms, SC and I drive 2 hours to stay here.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Jessehly
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I recently stayed at the Marriott Grande Dunes for a small Board meeting. The Resort is lovely with a very nice lobby and fantastic pool area, and it's right on the ocean. Ocean's at 82nd Street and the Ocean Blu Cafe had good food and service and it was just delightful to sit outside at Ocean Blu enjoying the beautiful weather. My sleeping room was quite nice with plenty of space, good mattress, flat screen TV, small refrigerator, etc. Housekeeping was maybe a 4 instead of a 5 - I got missed one day and had to call for service - but overall it was good. I had one problem with extremely noisy 'neighbors' one night at midnight, but called the front desk and they sent someone up immediately to ask them to be quiet. Someone even called me the next day to make sure the problem was solved to my satisfaction. I would love to have the chance to return to the Marriott Grande when I don't have to work!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor with at least an ocean view. I was in 325 and the room was love...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank missmaggiesmom
NC
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Clean rooms & balcony at hotel. Great food at their bar & restaurant. Grounds are beautiful. Bed was very comfortable. Staff is excellent and personal - ALWAYS. A couple blocks North from the bunches together resorts like Caravelle so not crazy on the beach. We'll definitely go again when we stay at Myrtle.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Malvern, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Wonderful location....great spa.... nicest location in the area....if in myrtle beach this is the only place to spend time.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The staff was all very friendly and helpful during our long weekend stay. We had an amazing ocean view room. The hammocks were a neat addition to the comfy beach furniture. Will definitely be returning in the future. There were two types of refreshing flavored water in the lobby. These changed daily. One day it was cucumber/mint which was surprisingly good, another day it was orange, another day strawberry. Fresh fruit floating in the dispenser not artificial flavoring. Close to restaurants and shopping but in a very private quiet location. The concierge had excellent dining recommendations.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple