“A great place to take the young kids.”

Ranked #34 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Raymond, Maine
“A great place to take the young kids.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

This property is very well maintained. This is not the place to go, unless you are bringing young kids. Your kids will love the place. Many heated pools and hot tubs. Right on the ocean. Very clean. Breakfast buffets are never high on my list of places to eat; However, the buffet at Compass Cove is pretty good. Fast service and the food is good. I mentioned to my wife that I thought the air conditioner was a little loud. She replied that she liked it that why because it drowned out my snoring. I guess that is the worst thing that I can say about the place. LOL

3 Thank sootmonkey
Sarah C, Manager at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Dear sootmonkey,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your positive experiences during your recent stay with us at Compass Cove Resort. I am so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed the many amenities that we have to offer. I will be sure to pass along your positive comments about the Compass Rose to the servers, hosts, and cooks. We always try to go out of our way to recognize our staff when they are complimented. Thank you again for commenting as your feedback lets us know what we are doing right and where we need to improve. We hope to see you and your family again soon!

scornell@compasscove.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,118)
Frostburg, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

This review is long over due, but better late than never! My family and I have been vacationing in Myrtle Beach, SC for the past 15 years. We first stayed at Compass Cove six years ago and since finding this excellent resort we it has been our home away from home every year in September. We have always had superior customer service from the reservation specialists, management, housekeeping and bartenders. Check-in is always a breeze, thank goodness! After driving ten hours to get there with two children we are ready to relax. My children ages 6 & 4 love all the pools available to them especially the submarnie and the water slides. We always stay in the Mariner building, so I can't speak for the other two, but our room is cleaned daily, trashes taken out & towels replinished. We have never had to put anything away like jewerly, very trustworthy staff!! The only complaint I have is that I wish there was an outside "Tiki" bar on both sides of the resort a shorter walk from the beach to get a drink would be awsome.

We again stayed this past September 10-17, but hours after our arrival my grandfather, who was with us, had a massive heartattack while in the parking garage at the resort. Several staff members came to our assistance gave my grandmother and mother directions to the hospital, blocked off the elevators for him & to take me up to him. Thanks to their assistance getting help to him quickly & the wonderful EMTs my grandfather (now with a pacemaker) is still with us and was able to join us for the last two days of the vacation. We received calls regularly from Management inquiring about his status and asking if they could do anything for us. The staff of Compass Cove truely went above and beyond!!!!! Thus, we can not wait to go back again this year & by the grace of god with my grandfather. See you in September!

Room Tip: Condos in the Mariner building are wonderful! The higher the better view & peaceful.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank LSSimpson
Dear LSSimpson,

Thank you for reviewing your latest stay with us at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort. It is so nice to hear that we have provided you and your family with a fun and enjoyable vacation year after year. I am glad that our quick-thinking staff was able to assist you and your family when your grandfather needed medical assistance during your recent stay. I cannot imagine how difficult this must have been as you had just arrived on vacation. I am so happy we could help you, and it is wonderful to hear that your grandfather is doing well! We look forward to seeing you all again in September and showing you the enjoyable vacation you have come to expect from us. Thank you again for choosing to stay at Compass Cove and have a warm Spring!

Warm wishes,

Ansonia, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Compass Cove is an outstanding 5 star hotel/condo that has everything you could ever wish for! Beautiful water front views from your 2 decks, 3 beautiful large bedrooms, extremely clean and well maintained FULL kitchen and 2 bathrooms..plus a washer and drier, 4 TVs, free wi-fi and so much more!

Room Tip: Definitely spend the extra bucks and get an ocean side room. The beautiful views from your decks ar...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Missy L
Dear Missy L.,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Compass Cove Resort. We appreciate your comments as they help us improve our resort for you, our guest. It is nice to hear that you and your family enjoyed all of the space and amenities that our 3 Bedroom Condo has to offer. We are so glad you chose to stay with us and we hope to see you all again soon! Have a great day.

Bellefontaine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I brought a family of 6 and stayed in the Pinnacle. It was a 1BR with a kitchen and ocean view. The place was a little dated and I got a good price ($108/night). We stayed 4/19-4/21. The only draw back was that the kiddie pools were all a little cold but the other heated pools were great and the facilities were exceptional for kids. My kids were never bored. If it were just for that I would say the place was good. But the staff was simply outstanding. Every single and I mean every single staff member treated us like royalty and gave the kids the utmost attention. Staff opened doors, ran to get us items, high-fived the kids, entertained them and on and on. I was simply amazed. Even when maintenance came to our room to fix a heater/AC, he came in and spoke to the kids and made them feel special. On the slides, the operators had them race down, played jokes on them and seemed to really enjoy their jobs. Houskeeping was also top-notch. We will most definitely stay again. If you're not sure, go for it. Again, its not the Taj Mahal but the service is second-to-none.

2 Thank Robert B
Dear Robert B.,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Compass Cove Resort. We greatly appreciate all of your feedback as it allows us to improve. I apologize that your felt your room was a bit dated, but I assure you we are in the process of upgrading the rooms in our Pinnacle building. Painting and new carpeting have already been completed, but we are also installing new drapes and bedspreads. We greatly appreciate the kind comments you had for our staff at Compass Cove Resort. You, our guest, and your family are very important to us. We realize that we are here to serve you and we do our best to do so. I am glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, and we all hope to see you again soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

We have just returned home :( after an Excellent stay at Mariner Bldg from 4/17-4/21. We traveled with friends and children. After traveling all night for 11 hrs we arrived at CC around 11 am and our condo was ready for check-in. That was a nice added surprise since we wanted to rest and freshen up. The condo was on a PH floor, condo 1524 and it had a wonderful partial view of ocean and town. It consisted of all the amenities that we needed during a beach vacation. The room was clean, well kept and was cleaned daily by a wonderful lady named Esperanza.The mattresses were a little bit on a hard side and I was missing my sleep number bed dearly but have brought my own mattress pad. Maybe management in the future could replace the mattresses with heavenly beds that Sheraton offers to their guests?? The requested crib was waiting for us in the room when we arrived. I am not sure how previous reviewers saw this resort as dirty and not appealing??? It was SPOOTLESS throughout minus the occasional sand here and there. The grounds were beautiful, hallways clean and pools warm,clean and inviting. Pleanty of pool towels too. We have fully enjoyed the services/help of a very pleasant young man named Karon. He was AWESOME and we are going to miss him dearly until next time. To manager Sarah, please say Hello to him from a lady with baby Alexi, he will remember us. Jacob at the front desk has helped me with some additional questions too and always had that charming smile from mile away. The restaurant at the Pinnacle, 2nd Floor had nice tasty and warm food. Compared to other surrounding hotels, like Coral Reef (Yuck) Compass Cove is a Palace. Parking garage was confusing at first and tight but I was able to manage it w/o a problem with a mini van. It is nice that CC has an attached garage to the resort so you can be in/out in a second. I currently have a reservation for fall month with another MB resort and I am seriously considering switching it to CC since we had a great time. Thanks Compass Cove Staff for providing us with a comfortable and enjoyable vacation. See you again soon. Nice touch to have hair braiding service too, Shelly and Theresa (aka Tiny) were awesome too.

Room Tip: High floors in Mariner to avoid looking at the roof of Schooner Bldg. I would stay at Schooner Bldg...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank HON4E
Dear HON4E,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such wonderful comments about your recent stay with us at Compass Cove Resort. I am pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed the cleanliness of our resort as well as the many amenities we have to offer. We take great pride in the upkeep of our resort and strive to keep everything clean and in working order for the convenience of our guests. I wish you had let us know during your stay that the mattresses were uncomfortable. Our maintenance staff is always willing to replace the mattress for you as your comfort is very important to us. I will be sure to pass along your comments to Karon and Jacob as we do go out of our way to recognize staff members that display excellent customer service. Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Compass Cove. We all look forward to seeing you and your family again soon! Have a nice day!

Waterford, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

Made a bad choice in requesting room on 6th floor of condos. Recommend staying on high floor

1 Thank immrstigger
Dear immrstigger,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your latest stay at Compass Cove Resort. We appreciate your comments as they allow us to improve where needed. I apologize that you did not like the low floor in the Mariner building. Next time you stay with us, we would be more than happy to put in a request for a higher floor for you. We do our best to honor all of the requests of our guests. This way, you could enjoy more of the beautiful oceanfront view. Thank you again for your time and have a wonderful day!

VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

My husband myself and our son have stayed at Compass Cove for at least the last five visits to Myrtle Beach with two triips to Disney in between. We have always loved this resort. My son at around age age 6 and on pool hopped played at the other water areas took advantage of the game room ( which needs updating) and played shuffleboard on all of our vistits. We have always had a pleasant experience and hope to return this summer 2012. I have spent the last two days looking possibly for somewhere else to stay and I can honestly say I didn't see anything that compared to The CC in the proximity to where we enjoy staying!!! It is a really nice access to the beach. As a reminder, visitors can often help by doing the appropriate thing just as simple as cutting off the water hose next to shower area upon returning to the comple. If I could make any suggestions I would say replace the sofa in the end suite PInnacle and offer perhaps some reduced prices in "The Nest". WDunn

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank bluevamagnolia
Sarah C, Manager at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear bluevamagnolia,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stays with us at Compass Cove Resort. We greatly appreciate your thoughts as they help us improve for you, our guest. It is wonderful to hear that you and your family have continued to enjoy our resort and the many amenities we have to offer. I would like to let you know that we have renovated the Arcade this year. The area that housed our Banquet Room and Arcade has been completely updated to include a Board Room as well as a Business Center. The new Business Center will give you access to a computer and printer while on vacation. I would also like to let you know that the Crow’s Nest has updated their menu to include new dishes. I hope we will see you and your family this summer and that you enjoy the changes we’ve made on property. Thank you again for your comments. Have a Happy Mother’s Day!