Sea Watch Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Wyndham SeaWatch Plantation(Myrtle Beach)
  • Beachfront
  • Beachfront
Atlantic Resort Group(Myrtle Beach)
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
Arcadian Dunes Resort(Myrtle Beach)
  • Fitness centre
Heron Pointe(Myrtle Beach)
1,757 results
All reviewsnorth towerocean frontpools and hot tubslazy riversbarefoot landingbreakfast buffettanger outletone bedroom unitfull kitchenliving roomnorth myrtlegreat vacationmurphy bedwasher and dryerwe've stayedoff seasongreat view of the ocean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 February 2012

My family has been to the Sea Watch twice and we wish we could go more often! Employees are so helpful, rooms are very clean and comfortable, and so close to a ton of activities. We went to the restaurant in the resort for a Sat. buffet....it was delicious!! So many choices and the staff were great!! We will definitely be keeping Sea Watch as our families little getaway!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Shannon C
AGMSabrina, Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with everyone about your stay. Our staff will be so excited to read your warm words about them and we are so glad that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet on Saturday. We are looking forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 8 February 2012

We stayed here last Spring. Our room was near the elevator so sleeping was difficult. Changing rooms isnt an option because of the layout of the building.
A woman committed suicide while we were staying at the resort last year. The police ordered everyone to stay in their rooms and off the balcony. Of course this isnt the resorts fault, but when I asked the manager for a discount or refund because of the incident, he refused. We ended the vacation two days short because of this. They had the nerve to send me some promo mail today. I called them and blasted the manager for the way they treated us and I would never return to this resort. If anything goes wrong while you are on vacation here, the staff will do nothing to make it better. You are on your own.

Room Tip: Never again
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
12  Thank Jerry M
GeneralManagerSWR, General Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

This was a very unfortunate incident and our sincerest condolences remain with the family and friends of the deceased. As you requested yesterday I have removed you from our future mailings.

Kathy King

Reviewed 31 January 2012

Sea Watch Resort is beyond excellent, the grounds, the upkeep, the location, cleanliness of the rooms, but especially the staff. We go ever year and wish we could go more.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ron G
GeneralManagerSWR, General Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Thank you so much for the great compliments about the resort and especially the words of praise for the staff. We appreciate your loyalty as a repeat guest and also wish you could visit more often!
We look forward to your return and a chance to make even more memorable vacations for you.

Kathy King, General Manager

Reviewed 29 January 2012

This was my first trip to the Sea Watch Resort. And I must say this was above my expectation.
The staff went above and beyond expectation. I had reserve a room and when I got their looking @ the room size it was to small. I went back to the clerk at the desk and asked for a different room and without hesitation I received another room at my request.

The staff was friendly, very clean atmosphere.
Would I refer my family and friends? I most certainly would. and plan on returning back for another vacation in the near future

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank Yolanda H
AGMSabrina, Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with everyone about your first stay at Sea Watch! It was great to hear that the staff was so helpful in finding you a larger more comfortable unit. We appreciate that you are going to tell your friends and family to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 7 January 2012

We have stayed at Sea Watch Resort so many times over the years that we can't count them!
We've always loved that the rooms in the North Tower are so close to the ocean that we can hear the waves with the balcony door open and, of course, on the balcony!

In reply to some negative reviews on this site, let me say that some rooms at Sea Watch are individually owned and may not be up to Sea Watch standards at any given time. When this happens you should report to the front desk and request another room. There were one or two examples of this in the room where we stayed Thanksgiving week, but right now, I can't remember what they were. They didn't bother us enough to complain. Oh, yes, we had trouble with our door cards sometimes not unlocking and had to insist that management repair them, which they did promptly.

We like to visit Sea Watch at other times of the year, but Thanksgiving week is one of our favorite times. We always try to go when we know there won't be huge crowds. People always ask me how the weather was for Thanksgiving and I tell them we've only been there
once that it rained all day the day after. I pack some heavy clothes and umbrellas so we can walk on the beach if the weather is cold, but this year it was absolutely gorgeous! In fact, it was warmer than our trip last May (early May).

One of the reasons we go to Myrtle Beach and Sea Watch Resort for Thanksgiving is our family situation. Our son's family lives too far to come see us then and our daughter, who lives an hour away must always have Thanksgiving dinner with her husband's family.

Before we discovered Sea Watch's amazing Thanksgiving buffet our friends felt sorry for us no having Thanksgiving with family. Now, I think they envy us. I tried my best to remember all of the food that was on the Thanksgiving buffet, but all I can think of is the most amazing turkey I've ever eaten (excells even the Butterball I cooked between Thanksgiving and Christmas last year!) and the number of choices....too many for me to eat some of everything!

We always call in reservations for the Thanksgiving Buffet after we make room reservations
and request a window seat. This year, at the seating we chose (2:30, I believe) there was only one other reserved table, so I guess people aren't aware of doing this.

We try to sit by a window for the breakfast buffet every time we're there to watch the waves and the people on the beach! This year I managed not to eat waffles from breakfast because
I was eating too much when we'd go out at night, but you can get waffles made to order, as well as omelets and my husband likes to request his eggs specially done.

I've written several reviews of this property in the past that you might check out. The service is really great! Since we were only there four nights, we didn't ask for houskeeping to do more than furnish clean towels and make the beds, although they fell all over themselves making sure they couldn't do more!

The only thing I'd do differently about this trip is the floor location.....really high and I didn't think it would matter. It certainly didn't ruin our trip, but next time I'll ask for something lower than the 16th floor of North Tower.

Hope I'll see you in the Spring at Sea Watch Resort!

Room Tip: Be sure to choose the North Tower if it's available. That's the building where the restaurant is located and it's handy for breakfast!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Grandmom_8
AGMSabrina, Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

We are truly honored that you took the time to share with everyone about your Thanksgiving vacation here at Sea Watch. We are so glad that you enjoy the buffet every year. It is truly a great way to enjoy the holiday because you don't have to worry about cooking or cleaning, you just get to enjoy and our Food and Beverage staff outdo themselves each year! We look forward to seeing you and your husband in November!