Message from TripAdvisor:

Ranked #37 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“Love it!”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My family and I have been going to the Sea Watch for the past 10 years. We usually go in July or Early August. During this time there are a lot of young families. The weather is usually gorgeous sometimes there is rain due to hurricane season. Luckily the last two years we had nothing but clear blue skies! I am now 22 and still enjoy my time at the beach. The staff is super friendly and always accommodating.

Some negatives that people are saying about the hotel is that it is a little outdated. I agree that the units have barely changed since we started going there many years ago. However, my family is down at the beach from early morning until about 5pm showers and leaves for the night. So only spent time in the room for breakfast lunch and bed. We never had any problems with cleanliness of the unit.

Some have said that the pool is full of sand. The reason for that is because people think the pool is a way to shower off from the beach rather than rinsing off in the shower stations. I see staff constantly cleaning out the pools in the early mornings.

There is also a DJ at the pool. The DJ has changed as of last year. I would have once said the DJ was a negative but they got a new one! For returning families the old DJ was very repetitive of what he did every single year. But, having a DJ at the pool livens up the place!

All in all we have been returning to this resort for the past 10 years. We even thought of going somewhere else for the past few summers but we always end up back at the Seawatch. Can't beat the location! We are already booked for this summer!

Aso, for those that have never been here before the ocean tide changes drastically throughout the day. Year after year my family and I get a chuckle from the people that set up their beach things and go up for lunch and come back and the tide has washed their things down the beach!

Room Tip: One suggestion is if you have younger children that may take naps during the day I would suggest sta...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Lyssa A
GeneralManagerSWR, General Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review about Sea Watch Resort and the staff! Most importunately we appreciate your loyalty as a retuning guest of 10 years. We have been working at refurbishments in the units and will continue to do so and we are working on a variety of pool side entertainment this summer that I am sure you will enjoy. We look forward to seeing you again soon for your summer vacation.

Kathy King, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Just returned from a long President's Day weekend at Sea Watch Resort. My husband and I had a wonderful time. The hotel location is very convenient to many attractions, restaurants and shopping. The hotel staff was great, warm, friendly and accomodating. The $8.95 southern style buffet breakfast was a definite plus! The hotel itself is a little dated but the the rooms were clean and functional. Great ocean view as well! The winter pricing is a real bargain, the only down side was that it was too cold to walk on the beach so I would recommend visiting during the warmer months if you want to do a lot outdoors.

Room Tip: Definately choose an ocean view!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Cher B
AGMSabrina, Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
We are so excited that you and your husband enjoyed your first trip staying at Sea Watch. Thank you so much for the warm comments you shared about the staff and the property. We have really enjoyed a mild winter for the most part but I know it was chilly last weekend. We look forward to having you and your husband stay with us again soon!

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 11 February 2012

My family has been to the Sea Watch twice and we wish we could go more often! Employees are so helpful, rooms are very clean and comfortable, and so close to a ton of activities. We went to the restaurant in the resort for a Sat. buffet....it was delicious!! So many choices and the staff were great!! We will definitely be keeping Sea Watch as our families little getaway!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Shannon C
AGMSabrina, Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share with everyone about your stay. Our staff will be so excited to read your warm words about them and we are so glad that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet on Saturday. We are looking forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Cheshire, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We stayed here last Spring. Our room was near the elevator so sleeping was difficult. Changing rooms isnt an option because of the layout of the building.
A woman committed suicide while we were staying at the resort last year. The police ordered everyone to stay in their rooms and off the balcony. Of course this isnt the resorts fault, but when I asked the manager for a discount or refund because of the incident, he refused. We ended the vacation two days short because of this. They had the nerve to send me some promo mail today. I called them and blasted the manager for the way they treated us and I would never return to this resort. If anything goes wrong while you are on vacation here, the staff will do nothing to make it better. You are on your own.

Room Tip: Never again
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
12 Thank Jerry M
GeneralManagerSWR, General Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
This was a very unfortunate incident and our sincerest condolences remain with the family and friends of the deceased. As you requested yesterday I have removed you from our future mailings.

Kathy King
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Sea Watch Resort is beyond excellent, the grounds, the upkeep, the location, cleanliness of the rooms, but especially the staff. We go ever year and wish we could go more.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ron G
GeneralManagerSWR, General Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Thank you so much for the great compliments about the resort and especially the words of praise for the staff. We appreciate your loyalty as a repeat guest and also wish you could visit more often!
We look forward to your return and a chance to make even more memorable vacations for you.

Kathy King, General Manager
Blacklick
Reviewed 29 January 2012

This was my first trip to the Sea Watch Resort. And I must say this was above my expectation.
The staff went above and beyond expectation. I had reserve a room and when I got their looking @ the room size it was to small. I went back to the clerk at the desk and asked for a different room and without hesitation I received another room at my request.

The staff was friendly, very clean atmosphere.
Would I refer my family and friends? I most certainly would. and plan on returning back for another vacation in the near future

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank Yolanda H
AGMSabrina, Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your comments with everyone about your first stay at Sea Watch! It was great to hear that the staff was so helpful in finding you a larger more comfortable unit. We appreciate that you are going to tell your friends and family to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Conyers, Georgia
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We have stayed at Sea Watch Resort so many times over the years that we can't count them!
We've always loved that the rooms in the North Tower are so close to the ocean that we can hear the waves with the balcony door open and, of course, on the balcony!

In reply to some negative reviews on this site, let me say that some rooms at Sea Watch are individually owned and may not be up to Sea Watch standards at any given time. When this happens you should report to the front desk and request another room. There were one or two examples of this in the room where we stayed Thanksgiving week, but right now, I can't remember what they were. They didn't bother us enough to complain. Oh, yes, we had trouble with our door cards sometimes not unlocking and had to insist that management repair them, which they did promptly.

We like to visit Sea Watch at other times of the year, but Thanksgiving week is one of our favorite times. We always try to go when we know there won't be huge crowds. People always ask me how the weather was for Thanksgiving and I tell them we've only been there
once that it rained all day the day after. I pack some heavy clothes and umbrellas so we can walk on the beach if the weather is cold, but this year it was absolutely gorgeous! In fact, it was warmer than our trip last May (early May).

One of the reasons we go to Myrtle Beach and Sea Watch Resort for Thanksgiving is our family situation. Our son's family lives too far to come see us then and our daughter, who lives an hour away must always have Thanksgiving dinner with her husband's family.

Before we discovered Sea Watch's amazing Thanksgiving buffet our friends felt sorry for us no having Thanksgiving with family. Now, I think they envy us. I tried my best to remember all of the food that was on the Thanksgiving buffet, but all I can think of is the most amazing turkey I've ever eaten (excells even the Butterball I cooked between Thanksgiving and Christmas last year!) and the number of choices....too many for me to eat some of everything!

We always call in reservations for the Thanksgiving Buffet after we make room reservations
and request a window seat. This year, at the seating we chose (2:30, I believe) there was only one other reserved table, so I guess people aren't aware of doing this.

We try to sit by a window for the breakfast buffet every time we're there to watch the waves and the people on the beach! This year I managed not to eat waffles from breakfast because
I was eating too much when we'd go out at night, but you can get waffles made to order, as well as omelets and my husband likes to request his eggs specially done.

I've written several reviews of this property in the past that you might check out. The service is really great! Since we were only there four nights, we didn't ask for houskeeping to do more than furnish clean towels and make the beds, although they fell all over themselves making sure they couldn't do more!

The only thing I'd do differently about this trip is the floor location.....really high and I didn't think it would matter. It certainly didn't ruin our trip, but next time I'll ask for something lower than the 16th floor of North Tower.

Hope I'll see you in the Spring at Sea Watch Resort!

Room Tip: Be sure to choose the North Tower if it's available. That's the building where the restauran...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Grandmom_8
AGMSabrina, Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this review, 9 January 2012
We are truly honored that you took the time to share with everyone about your Thanksgiving vacation here at Sea Watch. We are so glad that you enjoy the buffet every year. It is truly a great way to enjoy the holiday because you don't have to worry about cooking or cleaning, you just get to enjoy and our Food and Beverage staff outdo themselves each year! We look forward to seeing you and your husband in November!