I've been coming to Myrtle Beach for many years but normally rent a family friend's condo. That wasn't an option this time, so we booked at the Sea Watch thanks to the good reviews on Trip Advisor.
Stayed in the North Tower - first room was 1709, second room was 1507.
We called the hotel to let them know that we would be having a very late check in around 12:30am on Thursday (instead of Wednesday when we were supposed to arrive). They made a note of this on our paper. When we got there we had absolutely no problems checking in and we really appreciated that after a long day of driving.
Thursday morning we enjoyed the breakfast buffet. Love the waffles! All the employees at breakfast were very friendly. We ate outside on the deck overlooking the pool and ocean. That was nice.
Later on in the day, we had come back up to our room for a quick break and I went outside on the balcony to read my Kindle. I was out there for a few minutes before I got hit with a very strong smell of marijuana. I leaned over the balcony to see who the heck is dumb enough to smoke marijuana out in the open on their balcony, and of course it was the people right next to me. I called down to the front desk to report this issue because I was unable to enjoy our balcony due to the smell. The front desk said they would send a security guard up right away. He arrived within 2 minutes of me calling and I guess he spoke to the people because they stopped smoking out there. However, I did not feel safe being by this group of people anymore in case they knew it was me who called, so we requested to change rooms. The front desk was very helpful and accommodating. We were in a new room within 15 minutes. In NO WAY whatsoever do I blame the hotel for the marijuana smoking fools (After all, it was 4/20) Just needed to cite this incident to show that the hotel did a great job of taking care of the problem at hand.
Love the location on the beach! It was not too crowded, probably because we are here in the "off" season still.
So, here's my recap of the pros and cons:
- Nice location
- Beach is great
- Love breakfast buffet
- Helpful employees
- Comfortable bed
- Clean hotel room
- Paper thin walls - can hear all neighbor's activities from your left and right, above you and below you
- Lazy river and hot tubs needed cleaning on Thursday, looked better by Friday afternoon
- Lunch was expensive from the restaurant - got charged tax and a takeout fee to take my food down to the beach
Overall, I really enjoyed the Sea Watch and we will definitely return on our next trip to Myrtle Beach!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sea Watch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Watch Myrtle Beach
- Sea Watch Resort Myrtle Beach Sc
- Sea Watch Hotel Myrtle Beach