Thoroughbreds Chophouse & Seafood Grille
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lake Arrowhead Road
Description: Established in 1988, Thoroughbreds has positioned itself as the Grand Strands leader in Fine Dining with year after year recognition. Most recent being the 2005 locals and visitors top selection in fine dining and most romantic restaurant, Golf Digest Magazine recommended dining and Wine Spectators’ Award of Excellence (we have over 300 wine and champagne selections in our cellar). We specialize in Certified Angus Beef Steaks and Prime Rib, fresh seafood ,and many gourmet selections as well as unique daily specials. We use only the best ingredients and all of our items are prepared from scratch daily. Tonight you could eat the same thing you get at the chain restaurants back home or you could dine at a true Myrtle Beach Classic.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

You can’t go wrong here. The steaks are out of this world. For a lighter meal, try happy hour in the bar area. I really like the Lollipop Lamb Chops, but all the options are great.

5  Thank bobkirkland

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have been in Myrtle Beach for the past 12 summers! I had dinner once at Thoroughbreds and it was excellent! Many friends suggest that we go to their Happy Hour! We finally made it this summer - wow! So many choices and delicious! Excellent service, too! We wIll be back!

5  Thank 33beach
Reviewed September 13, 2018

We drove past Thoroughbreds on our own. We went because it was on a "suggested" list from our Marriott timeshare. My husband and I would put it on our "highly recommended " list. The calamari portion was a little smaller that we usually get, but clearly cooked better and a much higher grade in comparison to other restaurants in the area. Although a little pricier than some others, the steaks were of a superior quality and service was at a paralleled level. We've been back home for a few days and are still savoring the meal.

5  Thank JoeyandKaye
Reviewed September 12, 2018

My husband and I went to dinner at Thoroughbreds Chophouse and Seafood Grille. I had the filet with mashed potatoes and my husband had the Steak au Poivre. We REALLY enjoyed our meal!! The ambiance was also impressive! Our waiter was attentive and friendly. We were stuffed, so we took our dessert home and ate it later. I had the homemade Tiramusu and my hubby had the peanut butter pie.
Both were awesome!!!! I would definitely stop here for dinner if your in Myrtle Beach!!!

5  Thank mrsgfhjr
Reviewed September 4, 2018

Outstanding dinner - chateaubriand was the cooked at our table by Beth who was very knowledgeable. The atmosphere was upscale and very relaxing, food was outstanding. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

5  Thank Sandy M