“Be sure to catch the Early Bird Specials”

Martin's Restaurant
Ranked #82 of 957 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Price range: US$14 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2016

Martin's is an out-of-the-way surprise. When staying at Long Bay Resort a few years ago, we decided to try their restaurant on-site ...... WOW!! We've been going back ever since. Martin, the owner, is from Europe and his cooking is superb .... I promise that you won't be disappointed. We try to go for the Early Bird Specials from 5 PM to 6:30 PM, which are definitely a great deal!! We went twice on our recent visit for Early Bird and we ate Easter dinner there as well..... he had a marvelous buffet!! The Early Bird dinners are really a bargain and you get soup (all homemade), salad and your entree and potato of the day, plus great little dinner rolls. One evening my husband had a petite filet mignon for $16.95 which included creamy onion soup, salad with his wonderful Watercress (garlicy) house dressing, and the main entree with seasoned fried red potatoes. I had the Chicken Piccata with the same accompaniments for $10.95 ..... it was the best I have ever had in any restaurant anywhere! The Easter buffet was just as good with so many wonderful choices, and the deserts were fantastic ..... he even had a chocolate fountain with fresh berries, pineapple and other yummy things. Another great meal here is the all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet for only $8.95 ..... it's great as well. You can't go wrong with Martin. And he is quite the character too ...... you will love it here. I highly recommend it!!.

Reviewed April 1, 2016

Food was great. Good value for money paid. Never had to wait for a seat. 8.95 for adults. Good variety of food.

Reviewed March 27, 2016

My husband and I had breakfast here on our first morning in Myrtle Beach, as we were staying at the property next door. I had the blintzes with fruit. They were basically inedible. The filing was ricotta cheese scooped out of a container. No sweetening. No vanilla. Not whipped to a nice texture. The blintz pastry was equally bland and flavorless. The fruit topping was dipped out of a can of cherry pie filling. I took a couple bites and that was all I could stand. It was REALLY POOR food.

Reviewed March 24, 2016

We were out walking and decided to stop in and see what Martins had to offer. We were imeadiately greeted by Laura at the bar. She was most pleasant and efficient. She suggested the Early Bird Parmesan ($12.50) which was enough for two people to share, but not knowing that at the time I ordered the Happy Hour Cajun Chicken ($5.00) which was delicious as well. Pricing was very reasonable for the beers and food. We took home enough for tomorrow's lunch and enjoyed the hospitality offered by Laura. Very enjoyable time there. We will return.

Reviewed March 5, 2016

We have been having dinner here for many years. We have dinner there every year for our adversity as the food ans service is excellent.