“Let's make this quick.”

Ranked #23 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Columbus, Ohio, United States
“Let's make this quick.”
Reviewed 17 November 2011

The front desk crew is less than professional. My view was horrid and I requested for an upgrade or a new room. They offered nothing for me except a $130 difference in a room because that's all that was available. Although walking on the beach at night I saw only 13 rooms with lights on (Very booked hotel I must say). They do not offer coffee, but do offer a coffee maker and four coffee mugs, they do not offer breakfast in the morning. The bed sheets might as well be made from hemp with how corse the material is. You have to walk through the garage to get to the front desk/ice machine. The parking garage is small and pathetic for the amount of rooms in the hotel. Overall I give a star because I have to and because the location on the shore.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Megan M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Checked in Friday late and settled down to watch a ball game. The tv had a short and cut off every 2-3 minutes. The second day the toilet overflowed. The third day the dishwasher overflowed! It would be easy to say "Never again!" but actually these inconveniences could happen - and have happened - anywhere. The true test of a hotel is how quickly and efficienly problems are resolved. The Paradise Resort gets an A+ in that department! At 10:00 on Friday night, a gentleman brought us a new tv. On Saturday, the bathroom was cleaned immediately, and on Sunday, the dishwasher was repaired as soon as it was reported. The accommondations, the heated pools, breakfast - all were outstanding. We loved our weekend there and will definitely return!

Room Tip: Ocean front view is superb! I'd suggest talking with front desk rather than relying on Internet...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank HaveFun2015
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We rented our oceanfront suite directly from the resort on a special 3 night rate which included free breakfast every morning at Papa's Restaurant across the street.
We loved the room. Spacious, very nicely furnished, comfy beds, very clean and an awesome view of the beach and ocean from our balcony. We really enjoyed the pool, whirlpools and especially the lazy river. Parking was just across the street in the resort's parkade.
Breakfast at Papa's restaurant exceeded our expectations. Expected a modest breakfast,
but we ate like royalty. Food was fantastic, whether ordered or from the buffet. Great service, very friendly staff.
Paradise Towers and Mrytle Beach was the perfect location for our 25th anniversity holiday. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: We stayed on 16th floor. Quiet and awesome views.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I loved everything about this property/stay except the way my room assignment was made. The hotel was, as was told by a hotel staffer, originally built as full-time residential condos, but with the economic collapse in 2008, became a hotel. I reserved a room with two beds, which I quickly discovered - due to an unlocked door - was the studio lock-off portion of afour bedroom condo. when I arrived, there was no one on the 3 bed side, but later, a group of single young men checked in and occupied that space. The wall between us was thinner than expected, and they were loud until about 11. I called the manager who said the computer assigned rooms - not staff, and in the off-season tried to economise by not mixing owner units.

Other than this, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed 13 November 2011

The room and the hotel was clean. It is November and there was no indoor swimming. The pools were heated but it was 40 degrees and pretty chilly when I got out. I traveled using my credit card and was very unhappy to be surprised with the information they were charging me a $100 security deposit also. Previous mentions about noisy was right. The room next to us came in about 1:30 am and the heavy hotel door slamming over and over was pretty irritating.
Note when making room reservations, and this is not the fault of the hotel, Ocean view is not good enough when going to the beach if you like to watch the water.

Room Tip: Note when making room reservations, and this is not the fault of the hotel, Ocean view is not good e...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Paradise Resort was a perfect location for our golf weekend. Close to all the golf courses, bars, restaurants. The room was clean and well maintained. The view of the ocean was spectacular.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 7 November 2011

This was my first trip ever to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina and I must say I didnt enjoy my self at all. My stay here at the Paradise Resort was awful. My family and I came to bring our grandmother for her 80th Birthday and the customer service at this hotel was awful. The kitchen staff treated us like we were not welcome. They were treated us unfairly from other guests. My family has decided to never return back to this hotel. Hopefully anyone else did not receive the treatment we received.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family