My family of 4 spent spring break at the Caravelle (Apr.1-8) and it was our first visit here. We got a great deal (paid for 5, got 2 free). The first two days one set of elevators was broken and maint was working on it. Yes, we had to go without hot water for ONE day but that didn't ruin our vacation. Yes, they need more elevators, even when they all work. Wait times were a bit long since we were on the 12th floor but, again, that didn't ruin our vacation. Next time I would stay in a room on a lower floor. The parking garage is a tight fit but that is the way most of them are at the beach. The only REAL complaint I have is housekeeping was really lacking and inconsistent. If they did show up, they usually made the beds, emptied the trash and that was it. I only received coffee when I asked for it. Rarely was the floor vacuumed. I mentioned this on a survey and have already received an email stating it would be addressed. The fire alarm was also pulled on our 2nd night there but that was hardly the fault of the hotel. How can they be held responsible for what a customer does? That can happen anywhere.
The positive notes are these: ALL the staff were very polite and friendly. The room was extremely clean and had been remodeled recently. The pool area was cleaned every AM and was in good working order. We had an "ocean view" room and still had a great view of the ocean from our balcony. The pool area was crowded and filled with lively kids during most of our stay. Since The Saint John's Inn is part of the Caravelle, we used their pool and hot tub. Much quieter and only across the street. There are also several other pools and hot tubs to choose from. I love staying in the North end because it is quieter and traffic is less.
There were negative issues with our stay but nothing that would ruin our vacation. We made it to the beach and back safely and had an awesome time there. I would certainly stay again, especially if I can find another deal like I did this time. Overall, the Caravelle is an awesome resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Message from TripAdvisor: Condominiums at the Caravelle Resort Hotel are owned and operated by several different management companies, so quality and service standards may vary. If you wish to book a specific unit or a unit owned or managed by a specific company, please ask about that unit before booking your trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your The Caravelle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Myrtle Beach Caravelle Resort
- Caravelle Resort Myrtle Beach Sc
- Caravelle Hotel Myrtle Beach Sc
- The Caravelle Golf Family Resort