My husband and I stayed at the Blue Water resort Feb. 17 - 19, 2006. WE chose this resort, because my husband stayed there when he was a little boy; and you could tell that not much had been done to the structure since then. We stayed on the 14th Floor, and the view of the ocean was really nice.
Upon check in, we were informed that we needed to leave a $100.00 deposit at the front desk for incidentals. This could be in the form of cash or credit card. We were bothered by this, as I had spoken with Representatives of the Resort several times prior to our arrival, and not once was a $100 dollar deposit mentioned. Luckily, we had a credit card. We arrived Friday evening, and needed the name of some places that would deliver food (and there was not a phone book in the room). Icalled the front desk and requested one. I was told that they would locate one and call me back. They never called back, and we never got a phone book, so we ended up going out to eat. We were tired from the drive, and was not familiar with the area. By the time we got out, everything was closed - with the exception of International House of Pancakes. We were a little surprised because it was only a little after 9:00 pm. The rooms were old, but were pretty nice and and clean. If you have bad allergies, please take some medicine. THe room smelled like it had been closed up for a while. The bathrooms, were extremely small (enough room for only one person only things in there were the tub and toilet). The ceilings in the kitchen area were pretty low. The outlet covers needed to be replaced, as they were starting to separate from the wall (luckily we didn't bring our small children). There is NO PRIVACY on the balconies. When walking out on the balcony, you can see and hear the people right next to you. The parking is horrible!!! There are only 3 or 4 parking spots available at the resort. We had to park across the street, behind the villa's in a parking garage. It's about a 5 or 10 minute walk. And to make it worse, it rained on Saturday, so we had to walk back and forth in the rain when we needed access to our vehicle. Overall, it was an alright stay, but I doubt that we will be staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BlueWater Resort is located in the heart of the South Strand section of Myrtle Beach. Our property is comprised of 3 buildings; our main oceanfront building with 15 floors, and two buildings (referred to as villas) directly across the street with 4 floors each. Guests have full access to amenities in either building, including 4 outdoor pools, 1 indoor/outdoor pool and 5 Jacuzzis. All rooms at the BlueWater Resort feature kitchens or kitchenettes and private balconies. Choose from studios, 1 or 2 bedroom condos, and enjoy our full service restaurant, and popular beach bar in season. In close proximity to the airport, fine dining, shopping, and movies at Market Commons, the family friendly BlueWater Resort will quickly become your preferred home-away-from-home for years to come! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Booking.com and getaroom.com so you can book your BlueWater Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluewater Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Bluewater Myrtle Beach
- Blue Water Resort Myrtle Beach