“Blue Water Resort - pretty good”
Review of BlueWater Resort

BlueWater Resort
Ranked #109 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Columbia
Reviewed 20 February 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Blue Water resort Feb. 17 - 19, 2006. WE chose this resort, because my husband stayed there when he was a little boy; and you could tell that not much had been done to the structure since then. We stayed on the 14th Floor, and the view of the ocean was really nice.

Upon check in, we were informed that we needed to leave a $100.00 deposit at the front desk for incidentals. This could be in the form of cash or credit card. We were bothered by this, as I had spoken with Representatives of the Resort several times prior to our arrival, and not once was a $100 dollar deposit mentioned. Luckily, we had a credit card. We arrived Friday evening, and needed the name of some places that would deliver food (and there was not a phone book in the room). Icalled the front desk and requested one. I was told that they would locate one and call me back. They never called back, and we never got a phone book, so we ended up going out to eat. We were tired from the drive, and was not familiar with the area. By the time we got out, everything was closed - with the exception of International House of Pancakes. We were a little surprised because it was only a little after 9:00 pm. The rooms were old, but were pretty nice and and clean. If you have bad allergies, please take some medicine. THe room smelled like it had been closed up for a while. The bathrooms, were extremely small (enough room for only one person only things in there were the tub and toilet). The ceilings in the kitchen area were pretty low. The outlet covers needed to be replaced, as they were starting to separate from the wall (luckily we didn't bring our small children). There is NO PRIVACY on the balconies. When walking out on the balcony, you can see and hear the people right next to you. The parking is horrible!!! There are only 3 or 4 parking spots available at the resort. We had to park across the street, behind the villa's in a parking garage. It's about a 5 or 10 minute walk. And to make it worse, it rained on Saturday, so we had to walk back and forth in the rain when we needed access to our vehicle. Overall, it was an alright stay, but I doubt that we will be staying there again.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for BlueWater Resort

Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 13 November 2005

I stayed for a week at Bluewater in September 2005. The room was very clean and neat. With a nice view of the city park next door and oceanview also. They had done extensive remodeling to the resort since the last time I was there. It is Beautiful. Will definetly go again. A real bargain on the beach.

Stayed: September 2005
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 October 2005

My wife and I stayed at the Bluewater Resort 10/15-22. We have learned to take most reviews with a grain of salt but we always write one to give a real honest glance. Parking is across the street - not that big a deal (in October). Check in was easy (we booked with a condo owner) and we were allowed to go to our romm at 1:00 PM. Our room was very nice and clean. no complaints other than the weird looking (Palmetto) bugs that were out on the balcony. Many of the pools and hot tubs were closed at this time (most resorts seem to do this) but our complaint is that the one left on had only lukewarm water in it (a few days it was hot). The staff was fine - the pool area was great (oceanfront). I can imagine in the summer that it gets quite crowded and crazy but that's why we go in October. I would recommend it but I would hold out for a "deal". MANY of the rooms were unoccupied (we notice this in most resorts). Next time I will book very late.

• Stayed: October 2005
7  Thank redskinboy
Charlotte NC
Reviewed 15 September 2005

I arrived with my husband and one year old son for our family reunion. We went one night earlier than planned, so that we could relax and enjoy the beach, before the family reunion actually began. We checked in around 11pm. I looked at, at least 5 rooms that night to find a room that was half decent enough to get rest from the drive from Charlotte, NC. The room we finally ended up in had an odor that was horrible, but it looked better than the 5 rooms I looked at previously. That morning I woke up early and looked at about 2 more rooms. They were even worse in smell and appearance. The property managment said that the rooms were rated by an outside interior design company. That company should be not have a license to decorate. The rooms that they claimed were an "A" rating should have been graded a "C". Don't get me wrong, I did see some rooms that were okay and one of the 2 bedroom condo's looked as if it did not even belong in the same building. To make a long story short I will never stay at the Blue Water Resort unless there is a total makeover of EVERY room, not just the rooms the "owners" put more money into.

Stayed: September 2005
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Rock Hill, SC
Reviewed 12 September 2005

The Blue Water Resort is a nice play to stay as long as they are not catering your event. The staff there made a lot of promises that they could not uphold. My family and I were in town for a family reunion. I started planning this reunion in January 2005. When I called the hotel the first question I asked was do you have banquet space that could accomadate up to 200 people. They responded with a yes. This resort had everything that we were looking for (lazy river, indoor/outdoor pool, etc.) In March we begin to book our rooms. Upon arrival at the hotel we learned that each room was individual owened by different people so everybody's room would be different. Some people's rooms smelled like mildew, mold and clorox and was very, dirty and rusty. On the other hand some people's rooms were very, nice. The indoor pool and lazy river was closed for repairs. Their is construction going on next door so at 6:00 in the morning be prepared to be woken up. We had our family reunion banquet on Saturday, September 10. The banquet room was very, cramp. You bearly had room to move around. The menu was fresh fruit salad, green salad, rosemary baked chicken, top round of beef w/mushroom sauce. rice pilaf, mixed vegetables, bread, assorted pies, tea and water. The chicken was under cooked to the point that blood ran down from it when a 7 year child tried to cut into it. The rice was so hard that you could have used it to throw at a bride and groom on their wedding day. The lettuce was brown and we were constantly running out of stuff so that caused our line to be backed up and slowed down the progress of our banquet. The hotel staff had nothing to say to us but that they bought the food at cost so they would be loosing a whole lot more if they returned some of our money. The food and beverage director came over to see the chicken for himself and still did nothing about it. Other than that the staff was friendly. The service and the food was not worth the $5000 spent. The Blue Water Resort don't have to worry about the Lowry-Barnette Family holding another family reunion at there hotel.

LatoyaFreeman

• Stayed: September 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
toronto
Reviewed 1 September 2005

While we were on vacation we tried out two hotels we stayed a week at each property. We stayed in unit 413 at the bluewater this unit was very up to date and had all the amenites of home. It had a gorgus view of the ocean and was very clean. It was a one bedroom condo they had a live band every day by the pool as well as karoke at night this resort had everything a family could want. I would recomend unit #413 to anyone that want's to stay in a nice unit.

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Rockwell, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 August 2005

Stayed in 405 in Villa #1. Was clean and well maintained, everything worked, had ocean view. Staff friendly and helpful. Pools closed at 11PM so noise wasn't a problem. Nice family place, I will stay here again. I would advise no matter where you stay to ALWAYS view the room BEFORE you pay.

• Stayed: August 2005