“perfect location for beach access”
Review of The Mermaid Inn

The Mermaid Inn
Ranked #72 of 210 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Stow, Ohio
“perfect location for beach access”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

we stayed here during our recent trip to Myrtle Beach. Recently updated everything,beds are comfortable, very clean room, staff was nice and accommodating. We even had a chance to meet the owners, extremely nice down to earth family that will bend over backwards to insure your stay is hassle free and relaxing. Great location super close to beach, no roads to cross, there is a little playground just outside the hotel for little ones, ice cream truck drives by about every 30 mins., pool was larger then i expected and very clean... Also plenty of chairs and loungers around the pool so everyone gets to use them, which is a big plus for me.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank mboccuzziq

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Mills River, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I have stayed at the Cherry Tree Inn (now Mermaid) for the past 5 years after switching from the Beach Colony Resort (almost next door..I still enjoy their breakfast buffett).
You get what you pay for and this is a fantastic deal. Clean, full kitchen with a standard refrigerator instead of a mini that holds absolutely nothing.
The staff is absolutely accommodating.
I always stay in the same room (I book early) on the ground level and what is fantastic is that I step out of my room, turn right and the Atlantic Ocean is screaming for me to join her. About 100 feet...not yards....from my room.
A pool and hot-tub, which I do not use, are available. They offer a 5% AARP or AAA discount.
I guess I just got tired of paying $100+ PER NIGHT at other locations. Also, North Myrtle is much quieter than the Southern Boardwalk area.
The rates allow me to visit this wonderful little city of Myrtle Beach at least four times during the season and I highly recommend this quaint little 1950's atmosphere.
(I last stayed there in September of 2012....the motel is undergoing a full renovation and is scheduled to open in the spring of this year/2013.)

Room Tip: I know I shouldn't BUT I SMOKE (which happens to be legal in the USA) and the motel has smoking...