Coral Beach Resort & Suites
Dunes Village Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$119
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$51
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$64
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$66
  • Pool
Long Bay Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$46
Carolinian Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$70
The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$64
Paradise Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$175
US$157
Hotels.com
Myrtle Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)
US$70
  • Pool
3,220 results
All reviewsbowling alleygeneral storebeach barfear knotlazy riverindoor poolbreakfast buffetmurphy bedgreat vacationfull kitchenfamily vacationoff seasonpools were cleanocean viewtrip to myrtle beachspring breakbeach front
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We just returned today from a four night stay. this was not our first choice, but we took what we could find as this was a last minute family trip.

Pros: View of the moon on the ocean was AMAZING. Pools were great, kids loved the lazy river during the day and the indoor pools were nice for chilly nights,the chlorine burned my eyes, but did not affect kids. All hotel staff encountered were pleasant and friendly, kids liked arcade and bowling. Very crowded at check in, but star-bucks lady passed out delicious drinks to help ease the wait. Happy hour on pool deck was a good deal for mom and dad.

Cons: No kitchen counter space at all, dated furnishing, but clean, odd floor plan-but work-able.Nice new granite counter and sink in bathroom-but toilet/shower area super small.Our room key stopped working half way through-apparently coded with wrong check out date-easily fixed but a slight inconvenience as we were all dripping wet waiting for recode.

OK- we did our research ahead of time and came prepared with extra linens for Murphy bed (not needed, linens were supplied) and extra kitchen supplies (definitely needed-provided place setting for 3 and we were a family of five. If you plan to cook in-come prepared with your own "stuff"). The furnishings are old (think early 90's) with box TVs -although some of the rooms had flat screens-ours did not. The room however was very clean and maids came every day-did a good job-teeny tiny bathroom, but clean and water pressure fine-beds more comfortable than expected. Would have liked a sofa bed-had to rent a roll away for 10$ a night for one of the kids, and fortunately our youngest was small enough this year to sleep on the tiny sofa. According to one son,the Murphy bed was fine too. The rooms on the 12th floor seemed larger with bigger dining table and larger rooms.We were on the 8th floor and our dining table was very small.
All in all, kids were happy and want to go back. I'd stay there again, no problem. Wasn't fancy, but clean and well suited for a family.
TIP- request a higher floor for pretty ocean view, also music from front deck is loud so some distance from it is nice. Request a non smoking room.

Room Tip: ask for 12th floor-no smoking, renovated room
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank JenGlenAllen
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Our first time in myrtle beach. We chose coral beach because of the many pools, water park, lazy river and bowling alley. We really enjoyed our stay (spring break March 2012). While my husband and I would not call it a home away from home (it was quiet out dated) our 5 year old thought it was the best vacation ever! The staff were nice but not completly honest and told us that if we needed a taxi to make sure we book it through the front desk so that we could get a discount. We did some of our own investigating and found out that if you book a taxi through the front desk the hotel makes money. The taxi driver has to give an allotted amount which is based on how many miles you go. It is really a rip off to the taxi driver. I suggest calling for your own taxi. Our room had a full kitchen supplied with utensils, plates and bowls. Bring your own pots,pans, can opener etc. Food Lion was about 4 blocks away...an easy walk for groceries. Morning buffet was very good for the price and they will make your eggs to order (every morning I ordered 3 eggs over medium). Outside grill was pricey I recommend the chicken salad platter. Evening karaoke was lots of fun for the kids and adults. The beach was great! You can rent 2 chairs and an umbrella for $30 the first day and $15 for the next consecutive day. That lifeguard works her [--] off. We flew in from New Jersey so, we didn't bring beach toys. It wasn't a problem, everyone shared and people often passed on what they didn't want to take home. We also often found items left behind to play with. I wish the hotel had a "lost and sometimes found or borrowed" bin for people to be able to share the beach toys that others left behind or to be able to leave toys for others to enjoy.
The outdoor bar was pricey Food Lion sells alcohol and the grocery store on the 4th floor sells already mixed frozen drinks for $3. You could have two of those for the price of one from the bar.
The amusement parks were about 10-12 blocks away. Broadway at the Beach was nice...lots of places to eat. We recommend Señor Frogs and the speed boat ride on the lake. We also went to the Pirates of the Carribean show. It was fantastic! One hundred times better than Medival times.
We also recommend dressing your little ones up as pirates before you go or you will end up paying $20 for some face make-up, a pirates hat, an earring and plastic sword. And an additional $5 for a glitter tattoo. I'd hit up the dollar store or dollar general first to see if you could put a pirate outfit together. The tickets at first seem very pricey but you get so much food- soup, half a baked chicken, large ice cream scoop of mashed potatoes, half corn on the cob, serving of pulled pork, large apple turnover. Even our 5 year old got all of that food. Of course we took a lot back to our room to warm up on the microwave later. We recommend the 4pm or 6pm she when you have little ones. 8pm is just too late. The show was GREAT! There was diving, a sea lion, sword fighting singing, ducks, dogs, and audience participation. Overall, we had a nice time on vacation. One last thing, while all of the bathrooms were clean the only bathroom that I suggest you stay far away from is the one near the kids indoor pay slide off of the Indoor pool. The floors were always wet and the stalls smelled like urine.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Matt H
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Don't really have much bad or good to say
Pros: nice bar area pools were nice except for a lot of dead bugs in big outdoor pool
Nice price on one night stay
Cons:
The beds in the room were up high and my two year old feel off and hit a sharp edge on the other bed so be aware if you have small kids.

Overall it was a nice hotel to stay for a day visit to myrtle I probably won't be back again unless the prices beat out others

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Nat1609
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Nice place to stay. It was off-season and they were painting the outside of the hotel. Our first room had a scaffolding right outside the window which was a little unnerving, but the staff was awesome and quickly moved us to another room. Will stay again!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We booked the hotel online after researching many. We chose this hotel because of the many pools and activities that you can do at the hotel. They have bowling, an arcade and bar. We never went bowling because it was pricey, the guy working there said it was 20 for an hour not including a $2 shoe rental per person. We decided we can bowl at home where it is cheaper. The bar is pricey but you get a good bit of alcohol in whatever drink you get, so you gey your moneys worth. We stayed on the first floor due to my brothers fear of heights. We paid for ocean view but our view was of the hot tub. This wasn't bad thougj. We could tell when it was unoccupied so that is when we went out there. The staff was amazing too. We got there at 2 in the morning. Check in was easy and we were in out room in less than 10 minutes. We went down to the desk to get more stuff and they were happy to help usThe security guards they have are nice too. They told ua where things are, events happening, and other things around the area and in the hotel. The pools were clean except the one tiny one by the out door hot tub. It is a smaller that had trash and some toys so I supposed some kids were there. It didn't bother me because I didnt go in it. There was a cheerleading competition going on so there were a lot of 8-14 year old girls running around in groups. They hogged some of the hot tubs and other activities but mainly just got annoying or in the way. Our actual room was wonderful. We got the 2 double and a murphy bed. The beds were comfortable but smaller than what I am used to. The room was clean even under the bed where I had to fetch my shoes because they got kicked under there. I wasnt afraid to get them because it was so clean. The kitchen had silverware and a full set of plates and bowls. It also had pots and pans. The only few things that bugged me was around 2 or 3 in the morning 2 boys came and knocked on our door. My sister looked out the door after it happened and saw they only onocked on our door. Also the locals come pool hopping and it kinda gets annoying when you try to go in the hot tub whwn there are about 6-10 teens in the hot tub hogging it and being very dis respectful. They need to monitor that more closely. Over all I would stay here again. I would just get a higher floor room

• Stayed: March 2012