6,612 results
All reviewsindoor waterparkwater parkcaptain's cafepalmetto toweracross the streetping pongocean frontqueen suitelazy riverkids activitiesangle oceanfrontshuffle boardpalms buildingparking garagewasher and dryerfamily vacationfull kitchen
Reviewed June 28, 2011

we just got back from a week vacation at Dunes Village. This place is great... has so much for kids to do... my daughter loved the daily activiites they did from making a trinket box to a tie die t-shirt... the indoor water park is just fabulous!!! My husband and I even enjoyed the huge water slides... Our room was very nice also... had small putt-putt course right on the lawn... pools very clean men were out early cleaning them every morning... great ocean view from balcony.... loved my early walks on the beach... have told all my co-workers how happy I was with my stay here....

1  Thank shopperwv
CariG_DV, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2011

We are so glad you and your husband tried out the slides here at Dunes Village Resort. Our slides are fun for all ages! Our entire resort is fun for all ages. The crafts and games, the pools and slides, the volleyball and mini golf course all can entertain any age. Thank you for writing about your stay. We are thrilled that your family enjoyed it so much! Keep telling your friends!

Reviewed June 26, 2011

We checked in on June 18, 2011 when we got to our room it was very nasty there was cola running down the walls of the kitchen and some unidentifiable green gel in the kitchen floor, the carpets looked like they hadn't been vacumed in weeks, and the bathroome were terrible the bath tub and shower had soap scum that looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a long time and the toilets had urine prom previous tennants running down the outside. the comforters for the beds had stains on them . After seeing this i called the front desk and they said they would send someone to clean it, after two hours i went to the front desk and they told me they would send someone to clean it, after two more hours I went to Walmart and purchased cleaning supplies and cleaned it myself. The bed linnens are suppose to be changed every three days the fourth day i had to ask for this to be done because it had not been done and they acted like they did not want to change the linnens, the whole time we were there all the maids did was take out the trash, make the beds and relpace the towels. I have paid half the amount at other hotels in Myrtle Beach and recieved far superior service and cleanliness when I checked out I explained it to the front desk and they told me next time to contact the manager before we check in and he would make sure our room was clean, i shouldn't have to do this all rooms should be cleand for all tenants all of the time. I stayed here on good faith expecting a vacation Nota work party.

9  Thank rodneyandre
Reviewed June 25, 2011

oceanfront room, great pools indoor and outdoor room had frig,stove and microwave the breakfast buffet was excellent value

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Thanks for taking the time to write your review of Dunes Village Resort. We are thrilled that you found us to be an "excellent family resort." We like the fact that you found our buffet pleasing and a good value. Our numerous pools never get too crowded as there are plenty of water outlets to choose from. Hope you join us here again sometime.

Reviewed June 25, 2011

My family and I stayed here in August of 2010 and we loved it very much! Great staff, room, and location! We plan on coming back this year in August of 2011. Our only concern is the bed bugs issue. Could someone please let me know about this because I have seen a bunch of mixed reviews regarding this situation. Like I said we would love to come back but I have to say this might be the only thing holding us back. Please I would like some help ! (:

• Stayed: August 2010
CariG_DV, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2011

Here at Dunes VIllage Resort, we take the issue of bed bugs very seriously. We take many precautions to avoid to occurance, including but not limited to inpenetrable mattress covers on every mattress in our resort. We have more stringent procedures than what is required to ensure that bed bugs do not return, and we have been successful in our efforts. I do not know of a hotel, motel or resort that has not been affected by bed bugs at one time or another. We do everything possible to keep the critters at bay, and believe that you should have no worries in this regard. We look forward to having you back here in August! See you then!

Reviewed June 24, 2011

Think twice about staying here, this place is older than it looks and make sure you inspect any room they give you before you pay a dime! the indoor water park is the ONLY thing worth $200 or more a night. There is one lady with short blond hair at front desk who just smiles and is unhelpful, good luck with her. Make sure you take your won towels for pool, there arent any over 24 inches big to use. Food is so so, but waitresses are GREAT. They are the best thing about this place. If I were them I would work elsewhere. This place is over rated, be careful before you believe what you see online. Good luck! I wouldnt stay there again, better hotels with bigger outdoor pools, etc....the lazy river outside is about 30 feet long thats it. Most of pool stuff is inside so if you have younger kids they will love it otherwise dont stay here.

Room Tip: look at them, stay on the palmento side only.
1  Thank bee6969