“Clean, clean, clean!”
Review of Landmark Resort

Landmark Resort
Ranked #68 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We stayed in an oceanfront executive suite. I called early and was given a cheaper rate. The room was clean and nice even though it was not one of the updated rooms. The beds were nice and the mattresses were not worn out. Our room had a kitchen. I was able to cook breakfast everyday. That saved us some money. The pool facilities were awesome. My child loved them. This hotel is right on the beach and has a parking garage with attached walkway. Almost every time we came in across the walkway, it had been freshly mopped. Also the elevators were mopped at least once every day. The staff was also pleasant and friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the fourth floor connect directly to the parking walkway. Also you might want to request an...
1  Thank Angela D

Reviewed 22 March 2012

I started to stay at the Landmark since I got married in Jan. 2009. I have stayed at other resorts and hotels since but nothing compares to the Landmark. Love the pools and the view of the ocean. Staff is outstanding and wonerful people. I only get upset when the place has no vacancies as was the case last weekend. Was looking forward to relaxing but hey it shows what a great place it is. Can't wait to get back SOON!!!

Room Tip: Oceanfront ALL the way!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel March 16-19. The only good experience that we had was they allowed us to check in early. However EVERYTHING quickly went downhill. We arrived in our room only to find dirty towels in the bathroom. The towels were yellow and hanging over the shower. The beds were very small. Only a full size bed. The a/c did not work. Yes we did need the a/c because it was 85 degrees outside. Saturday night we came back to our room after a day of excursions only to find what appeared to be bed bugs on the mattress. We immediately went to the front desk. The night manager informed us that the hotel was completely booked but she would send maintenance up to clean the room. She assured us that we would be moved to another room in the morning. The maintenance man did come up and took the entire bed apart. The bed did come up clean. He took all of our blankets and sheets and brought us new ones. He was very friendly. The next day we went to the front desk and was advised by Fred that we would not be moved because we didn't come down during the appropriate time frame for room switches. We were never advised of a time frame. He was very rude and basically told us that he would not do anything. Needless to say it was our first and last stay at the Landmark.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ashley K
LandmarkResort, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

We are very sorry to hear about your experience and I hope that you can accept our sincere apologies. Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to discuss your stay privately. Hopefully, we were able to resolve the issues mentioned in this review. Your comments have been addressed with our staff so that we can work on ways to better serve our guests.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments and responding to our private email. We hope that you and your family will decide to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

We stayed in this hotel mid March 2012. The hotel is not luxury accommodations. The room was clean and we did have a view of the ocean. Room had a stove, microwave and full sized refrigerator. We were worried about noise because our room was right next to the elevator. We did not hear anything at night. The hotel has access to the beach from the hotel. The pools were plentiful and perfect for is you had children. They had many hot tubs scattered about. The staff were alright many of them made comments about the bosses firing them if they did not complete a task correctly. LOL. This hotel is convenient to loads of restaurants and things to do. We will come back to this hotel due to the price and location.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the angle suites they are above the loading dock very loud
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
LandmarkResort, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at the Landmark Resort Hotel. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were able to take advantage of our many pools. Hopefully, you were also able to relax in one of our hot tubs. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed your room accommodations and had a nice view of the ocean.
It is good to hear that you would visit us again the next time you are in the area. If there is any way we can assist you in the future, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

My family and I booked a room from expedia.com to stay at another resort. Expedia overbooked my original resort choice and booked me at the landmark. I was totally frustrated, when I asked to speak to the manager to see why i had to pay extra money, she treated me as if I were stupid. She lack professionalism, I felt horrible and belittled.She basically informed me to either pay the extra fees or get out of her face. I had my three daughters with me and I was very displeased at her lack of consideration. I explained to her that i never booked my reservation for the landmark, but expedia booked the reservation due to an error on their behave. I drove 4 hour away from home only to get the sent from hotel to hotel. My experience was horrible and the staff only made it worse. Nice place, but crappy staff.

Room Tip: Beware of the staff, housekeeping never cleaned the rooms.
1  Thank A Latarsha D
LandmarkResort, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay. We are very sorry to hear about your experience. When booking through a third-party we require a $100 security deposit since you are not paying the resort directly. This deposit is refunded upon check-out. I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion that this may have caused you.
I sent you a private message to discuss your stay and to further investigate the issues you encountered. Your comments will be addressed with our staff so that we can better serve our guests.
Thank you again for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

The Landmark is truly a 3 star hotel, It is old and tired, but it works. Overall it was worth the time, money and effort.

We got what we wanted out of it, a quick and cheap family getaway to the beach for the weekend. The kids played in the pools as we sunbathed. While there the staff was pleasent and helpful, the room (1022) was kept clean and everything worked.

We walked (2 miles) to the 2nd ave. pier for early dinner (so/so). Then we walked up to the sky wheel and the kids rode it for $13ea. From there we called a cab to get back (843.222.2222 / cost $7.50) For breakfast we walked 3 blocks to Pan American Pancake & Omelet (good). Lunch at hotel was free pizza with our groupon, for free it was good. Nice place

I would stay again... for $50 a night.

Room Tip: Check in as early as you can to get the best room you can get.
6  Thank DaNOTCHe
LandmarkResort, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

We appreciate your time and are glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of the recent Groupon deal that we were offering.
Our pools are great for both kids and adults and I am happy to hear that your whole family was able to enjoy them. Hopefully, you were also able to relax in our heated lazy river.
Check-in time starts at 4 PM, however you do not need to be here early in order to receive the best room. Our front desk is available 24 hours to assist you.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Landmark Resort. We hope to have you back with us again soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Me and my family arrived at 4am in Myrtle Beach for a spur of the moment vacation and was welcomed in by a very warm and friendly staff. The resort was a great place to stay and had everything we could have asked for and more. The pools were great and the rooms spacious. The rooms were very fairly priced and even though all the oceanfront rooms were already booked for the night we were offered a move first thing the morning and while we were at breakfast the next morning the front desk called and said our new room was ready and they even moved our stuff into the room for us. It was a great vacation and I really appreciate Landmark for the amazing experience and I would recommend this resort to anyone and everyone... and a special thanks goes to Sherman at the front desk for the great customer service and friendly attitude in the wee hours of the morning. The Walker Family (Chris, Jessica, and the 3 toddlers) March 3-5 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Landmark. I am so glad we were able to accommodate you and your family. Thank you for sharing your warm comments about our staff.
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your visit and we are so glad that you had such a good experience. We look forward to having you and your family back with us the next time you are in the area.