“my birthday feb 10 week”
Review of Landmark Resort

Landmark Resort
Ranked #66 of 210 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
sharon
“my birthday feb 10 week”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I want to thank the staff give my cousin and his wife side by side room on my birthday . It was my first time i stay at land mark i love it

Room Tip: every thing was good
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (823)
  • Arabic first
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed 31 March 2012

My mom and I stayed the 22nd-25th. When we arrived the front desk looked beautiful. We were sure our room was going to look the same. As soon as we walked into our room we were greeted with a huge hole in the wall. We went down to the front desk and immediately reported it. They said they were sorry and they would get a work order put in for it. We went back up to the room and turned the tv on. It was a rather old tv and did nothing but roll over and over. No matter what channel we changed it to it did the same thing. It was a headache. The next morning the maid came in and was shocked by the hole. She picked up the phone and reported it again. We told her about the tv issue and she reported that as well. She asked if they offered to move us to a new room the night we checked in and we told her no. She was baffled by that. On Saturday everything was still the same. The same maid came back was again shocked that no one had been up to look at the hole or fix the tv. She said she reported it to the head maintenance guy. Come Sunday morning when it was time for us to check out no one had been to the room to check on anything. My mom went to the front desk to check out and tell them how disappointed we were in our stay. All the woman at the front desk said was "I'm sorry." Poor poor service all around. We will NEVER stay here again. When we got home I received a survey about our stay, I said the same thing I am saying in this review, and still got no response from anyone. Take your money somewhere else. You'll be glad you did.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank eecnmac

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Camden, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I visit the Landmark Resort every January for a convention. There are usually several conventions going on at once and there are the weekenders and condo owners all in the hotel together. I have stayed at the Landmark at least once a year for the last 7 years and overall I have to give it a good rating. I am disabled and I have been treated well in that aspect. I must also comment on the staff. I have found the entire staff to be very friendly and accomodating.

Room Tip: The Ocean Front Rooms offer the best view but the interior rooms are just fine and are a good deal l...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Pittsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My wife and I visited the Landmark for a weekend while attending a friend's wedding nearby. We stayed for two nights over a weekend. The hotel is very child-friendly, which I do not mean in a good way. There were kids everywhere, screeching in the pool, running up and down the hallways, and pressing every button in the elevator. We don't have children of our own and are not accustomed to ignoring other people's children. That didn't reflect poorly on the hotel itself, though. It is something to be aware of.

The "eleven indoor pools" is clearly counting two hot tubs which are not really "pools" per se, but the swim area was extensive. Fountains, pools, hot tubs, and decks are all clean and working well. The "heated lazy river" was overrun with the aforementioned children, and the water was cold.

The room itself was quite nice. I have read reviews here of dirty towels, bad smells, and poor housekeeping, but we did not experience any of that. There was a small sink and fridge, a few essential pieces of kitchenware, and a nicely prepared room. We were in a room with two Full size beds, which was a little cramped for a hotel billing itself as a resort, but they were comfortable. The TV and climate control worked well. Guests of the hotel can go to the front desk and purchase discount tickets for local attractions like the Ripley's Aquarium, which is a good deal and highly recommended.

I lost our GPS while there, which was very alarming since we hadn't had maid service (by request) the entire time we were there, so I couldn't assume it had been stolen, and I was very embarrassed to report the loss to hotel security. I was clear to state that I didn't think it had been stolen, but that we had it when we checked in and did not have it at checkout. The hotel was very gracious, and it turned out I had left it behind when purchasing the discount tickets. They contacted me to let me know it had been found, and mailed the GPS to me at their expense.

We would stay at the Landmark again if we were in the area, but we don't anticipate making a trip anytime soon. We wouldn't go to Myrtle Beach just for the Landmark, though. It was a reasonably priced and fairly comfortable hotel. It was clean and the staff was pleasant, we just didn't get the sense of a "resort," more of a "pretty nice beach hotel."

Room Tip: Request a Queen or larger bed.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bzkarasek
Pall Mall, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We stayed in an oceanfront executive suite. I called early and was given a cheaper rate. The room was clean and nice even though it was not one of the updated rooms. The beds were nice and the mattresses were not worn out. Our room had a kitchen. I was able to cook breakfast everyday. That saved us some money. The pool facilities were awesome. My child loved them. This hotel is right on the beach and has a parking garage with attached walkway. Almost every time we came in across the walkway, it had been freshly mopped. Also the elevators were mopped at least once every day. The staff was also pleasant and friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the fourth floor connect directly to the parking walkway. Also you might want to request an...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Angela D
Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I started to stay at the Landmark since I got married in Jan. 2009. I have stayed at other resorts and hotels since but nothing compares to the Landmark. Love the pools and the view of the ocean. Staff is outstanding and wonerful people. I only get upset when the place has no vacancies as was the case last weekend. Was looking forward to relaxing but hey it shows what a great place it is. Can't wait to get back SOON!!!

Room Tip: Oceanfront ALL the way!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 22 March 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel March 16-19. The only good experience that we had was they allowed us to check in early. However EVERYTHING quickly went downhill. We arrived in our room only to find dirty towels in the bathroom. The towels were yellow and hanging over the shower. The beds were very small. Only a full size bed. The a/c did not work. Yes we did need the a/c because it was 85 degrees outside. Saturday night we came back to our room after a day of excursions only to find what appeared to be bed bugs on the mattress. We immediately went to the front desk. The night manager informed us that the hotel was completely booked but she would send maintenance up to clean the room. She assured us that we would be moved to another room in the morning. The maintenance man did come up and took the entire bed apart. The bed did come up clean. He took all of our blankets and sheets and brought us new ones. He was very friendly. The next day we went to the front desk and was advised by Fred that we would not be moved because we didn't come down during the appropriate time frame for room switches. We were never advised of a time frame. He was very rude and basically told us that he would not do anything. Needless to say it was our first and last stay at the Landmark.

Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ashley K
LandmarkResort, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
We are very sorry to hear about your experience and I hope that you can accept our sincere apologies. Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to discuss your stay privately. Hopefully, we were able to resolve the issues mentioned in this review. Your comments have been addressed with our staff so that we can work on ways to better serve our guests.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments and responding to our private email. We hope that you and your family will decide to visit us again in the future.

Melissa Busch