“Great place any time of year”
Review of Landmark Resort

Landmark Resort
Ranked #69 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Richmond
“Great place any time of year”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We love this hotel. It is a great place to stay anytime of the year. They have a ton of indoor pools. The rooms are great and they also have a restaurant.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (793)
  • Arabic first
SW VA
Reviewed 20 May 2012

My wife and I stayed here May 3-6 for a get-a-way weekend. The hotel was clean. The staff was cordial and friendly. We had a maintenance problem the night of our arrival and it was handled quickly and efficiently. The indoor/outdoor pools and lazy rivers are very nice. Overall, it was a very nice weekend.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
LandmarkResort, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
We are so glad that you and your wife enjoyed your weekend stay at the Landmark Resort Hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your experience and sharing your comments. We look forward to having you back with us again in the future.

Mississaga, Ontariko
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Wife and I stayed here March 13-16 with our daughter and her husband: never been to Myrtle Beach before. Got a deal through Groupon for less than $40 per day. Both couples has a 6th floor suite with balcony and kitchenette (microwave, dishes, fridge, etc.) and overlooked the beach. Hotel very clean and the staff very friendly, especially the maids. A complimentary pizza for each room was a nice touch. Pools, lazy river right on the beach in the sun. Very short drive to great buffets on Kings Road (sp.) which is 1 block west. Didn't try the restaurants in the hotel but had a nice breakfast buffet on the last day. Hotel gives you special deals on lots of attractions. Parking is excellent in a multilevel garage across the street with a enclosed bridge connecting to the hotel. Area is south of the noisier and busier area of the strip.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BrianMississaga
We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of the Groupon deal we had available in March. We also appreciate you choosing the Landmark during your first visit to Myrtle Beach.
We hope to have you and your family back with us again the next time you visit the area.

Charleston, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Last summer my family and I visited the Landmark. The first night we were there people kept pulling the fire alarms, we requested a room floor level but ended up midway up the building, and there wasnt enough carriers for people to carry their luggage. Despite that our stay was very nice. My children loved everything about it (pools, lazy river, water park). It saddens me to say we wont be staying there ever again.... I had left my Movado watch behind the sink on the edge beneath the mirror in the bathroom. I realized it shortly after we had left. I immediately called back to tell them I left it and where I left it and requested they mail it to me. They informed me that they had not found it though no one else had yet checked in to the room and the only people in there would have been housekeeping. And those entering the room could have been tracked by the use of their key. They didnt act like they didnt care, as though it was nothing, they didnt care. I was like "that is a $1200 watch" and still no concern was expressed. I did however file a police report just in case. So regardless of the beautiful decor, fantastic emenities, and food, I CANNOT stay where I CANNOT trust the staff. Sorry Landmark, you were gonna be my bi annual vaction spot before that happened.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Dawn H

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Had a wonderful stay. The staff are all warm and friendly. Plenty of amenities to stay entertained

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Oxford, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2012

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at the Landmark 34 years ago, and wanted to go back this year during the first week in May for our anniversary. We were so disappointed in the quality of our room. We had room 1147. It smelled like paint, and one of the two double beds was extremely hard and uncomfortable. We booked online directly with the Landmark, and then my husband called to ask if we had a nice room. He was assurred that it was a very nice room. I could hardly stand to be in the room. It is pretty obvious in reading other reviews that there are some rooms that are much nicer than others. I was so disappointed.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Kathy M
LandmarkResort, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments about your recent visit to the Landmark. I am very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your room and I hope that you can accept our apologies for any disappointment this may have caused you. We would love to have you and your husband back with us and hope that you will decide to give us another chance. Thank you again for sharing your comments and congratulations on celebrating your anniversary.

Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I've read all of the reviews, and just have to say - read the ones that complain. I don't think you could please ANY of these people. Your vacation is what you make of it. This place has EVERYTHING you need to have a great vacation - onsite bar, restaurant, meeting areas, laundry, game room, tiki bar, and more pools and lazy rivers and hottubs than anywhere in the beach. They added a kids area and miniature golf since we've been there. And the efficiency rooms have been updated - new beds, new tvs, granite countertops, so for the people complaining about outdated furniture (you're at the BEACH - why are you in the ROOM?) request an ocean view efficiency or a regular efficiency. And for the price? You couldn't stay at a Super8 for the same pricing. We will be back every year. And having a great time at the Landmark. But then, we're easy to please....it's vacation. Thank you Landmark!

Room Tip: Choose an oceanview efficency unit in Phase II above the 7th floor.