“Tried this resort, but should have stayed at Royal Palms again”
Review of Island Vista

Island Vista
Ranked #5 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 August 2009

The resort is located in a nice area, but you can tell that it is a renovated resort. For the cost of this resort, I expected more. When I arrived with my family, I found that I could not use one of the carts to unload my many suitcases and baby items myself, but that a "doorman" had to load and unload my items for me. The reason given by the doorman was that "the customer's could damage the walls of the condo units when using the carts". I'm thinking that the guests who are renting these condos would be intelligent enough to not purposely tear the rooms up with a cart. I let the doorman take my things to my room when arriving, but chose to keep my tip money when leaving and made 10 trips back and forth to from the room to the car when leaving.
Then once I unpacked, went grocery shopping and came back to the condo to go to sleep, we found that our linens had not been changed from the guests before us. The beds had been made, but crumbs were in the bed. I'm thinking that because the resort only changes sheets every 4th day, that the people who left before us made their beds and housekeeping must have assumed that the linens were changed. There were also two dirty towels left hanging on the back of the door and a pair of men's swimming trunks left in the washing machine. I was staying in room 308 if the gentlemen who left his trunks would like to retrieve them from housekeeping. Anyway, because it was after midnight when we noticed that the beds had not been changed, the security guard brought us up new linens and we then had to change bed linens at 12:30 at night after a 7 hours car ride and grocery shopping with fifty million other people. The cleaning staff did change our linens again the next day which was nice.
The parking garage is a nightmare if you drive anything other than a golf cart.
One of the pools was missing tiles and if you want a decent place to sit, you have to go down to the pool and claim a spot by 8 or 9 am.
Also, right outside of our condo unit was a brown steel door that appeared to be a storage closet, but it was an openning to another door that lead to a conference room which had really loud music one evening. I was glad to see that they were gone when we returned to our room from an evening out.
The bedrooms back right to the hallway that everyone uses to get to their rooms so you have to keep the curtains pulled to have privacy.
Overall, we had a nice stay after the linen issue, but I will be staying back at Royal Palms next year. You get a much nicer condo there for the same amount of money that you spend at Island Vista.

2  Thank ariesangel1973
Write a ReviewReviews (1,369)

Reviewed 20 August 2009

This was our 2nd stay at Island Vista and it was great! Our condo was spacious, very clean and we had a great view! The staff was also great!!

We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 19 August 2009

My family and I have vacationed at Myrtle Beach for 45 years. The Island Vista is the best hotel with the best location on the entire Grand Strand. It has something for everyone. But the best feature is the staff and management make you feel welcome; like you are at home.

We have stayed at many Myrtle Beach hotels and recently tried a few others when the old Sea Island was torn down and the Island Vista was built. We are happy to be back home at the Island Vista and I don't think we will stay anywhere else.

Reviewed 18 August 2009

Another wonderful year at Island Vista! Three years ago, we took my 90 year old mother-in-law for her first trip ever to the ocean. I did not think it could get any better than the look on her face at the luxurious amenities and beautiful oceanfront. It gets better every year. If you want first class furnishings, spacious balconies, privacy when you want it and attention when you need it, you must try Island Vista! Everything as nice as home and many things nicer, an attentive staff and deals! Yes deals! Lots of fun activities for children (and the young at heart!). If you are lucky enough to be there for the Hawaiian night, take advantage of it. Inexpensive enough, the food is wonderful and the entertainment is incredible. Gorgeous pools! Lazy river! Delicious food - either at the Tiki Hut by the pool or the Cypress room! Make this your next beach destination. You will NOT be disappointed!

Reviewed 14 August 2009

Just came back from spending another four days at this beautiful resort!
We were here in June and came back again to experience what we had enjoyed and we did!

Wonderful pool and beach area....and I can't say enough ,again. about the food at the cypress restaurant....delicious breakfast and dinner!

A truly enjoyable vacation......and yes! we certainly will be back again!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2009

I have stayed at Island Vista twice in the past year. The first time with my family and the second time with a group of six friends. Both times we stayed in a 3 bedroom/ 3 bath condo that has all you could wish for and has beautiful ocean front views. The pictures on the website really represent what you are getting. They are stunning. The front desk staff were friendly and did everything in their power to ensure we had a great experience. The first visit was in April and a little on the cool side. My children enjoyed the indoor pool and play area. My second visit was in August and we enjoyed the outdoor pools and Tiki bar food and drinks. It also has easy access to the beach from the pool area. I would recommend this resort to anyone going to Myrtle Beach!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank SCtraveler25
Reviewed 11 August 2009

This was a very disappointing experience. After reading TripAdvisor reviews for all my hotel stays, I felt fairly comfortable in making reservations there. I found staff unhelpful and beds were uncomfortable however the thing that bothered me most was that all halls on all 12 floors opened up to parking garage(doors ALWAYS unlocked). I was traveling with my family and felt this was most unsafe. In general, I would most definitely NOT consider this a luxury hotel. We will not stay there again!

1  Thank scbeachgirl09