1,446 results
All reviews cypress room tiki hut lazy river a quiet residential area ocean front parking garage breakfast and dinner other hotels rocking chairs pool area bedroom suite full kitchen on site restaurant washer and dryer beautiful resort hot tub murphy bed
Reviewed October 29, 2009

I found Island Vista Resort online while looking for a place that had 3 or 4 bedroom units for rent. I was planning a surprise birthday party for my wife. She said she wanted to go to the beach and that she wanted to have as many family members attend as poosible. I booked two 3 bedroom units (I believe it was units 805 and 806). When it was all said and done, we had 20 people there celebrating her birthday and she was VERY surprised. The rooms are well appointed and have all the conveniences of home. 3 bedrooms, Kitchen, dining room, living room, and a great balcony overlooking the pool and the ocean. Breakfast at the hotel was fantastic! The best thing (in my opinion) is the sweet potato pancakes. mmmmmm. The whole Labor day weekend was great! Great Golf, nice resort, great dining etc. I highly recommend this resort. It is kind of a hidden Gem in MB.

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed October 21, 2009

I love the fact that you do not need to leave the hotel except to step onto the beach.Exceptional resturant, food and staff, its so nice to see the same staff every year.
Although it seems like a large hotel, its actually quite cosy, not crowded, lots of space for everyone. The swimming pools are really clean with no chemical smell. The beach is beautiful and quiet due to the fact it is surrounded by houses. Rooms and condos are really nice, comfortable and spotlessly clean. You can watch the sunrise from your bed.
I'm really looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2009

This was one of the most rewarding and pleasant trips I have ever experianced, The Personal at the Island Vista were the most professional and pleasent that I have ever encountered, From the making of the initial plans for room to the pleasnt smiling greetings each and every time you can in contact with them was just a delight.
Ms Shelia Shurer did an amazing job putting together the accommodations, meals etc for the entire group.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2009

Great stay after a mix up with our rooms! Great restaurant and ocean view was wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2009

We stayed at the Island Vista in the beginning of October and it was the PERFECT time of year. The weather was amazing and there was no one there. The Island Vista was very nice, much nicer then other places we have stayed on the Grand Strand. It was clean and well updated, it didn't have that musty beach smell. We had a three bedroom condo and it was very spacious each bedroom had its own bath and the view from the balcony was beautiful. The property we very quiet, but I can see how the pool area would get a bit crowded during the high season. The Cypress room was great for breakfast, as for dinner, go so place else, there is very little in the way of atmosphere considering how much you're paying for the experience. The staff was very friendly, the housekeepers were thorough and there was never any sand in our room. The parking garage is tight, but big deal. My mother in law and I got massages from the in house service. Dusty was the name of the woman they sent and she was wonderful!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family