“Excellent hotel for the money!”

Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #167 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Brevard, North Carolina, USA
“Excellent hotel for the money!”
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We were in town for a conference. Our rooms were nice...first time we've stayed in a room without carpet (rooms had hardwood floors), and we liked it! The only odd thing was that there was no kitchen sink to wash dishes in...the staff was helpful; parking was a little difficult, but workable. The location was not particularly convenient to our conference, which was at the Convention Center, but it was a nice location. The beach was beautiful; enjoyed the weight room (once we found it!). We would stay there again!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
Washington DC
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I went to the Sea Mist Hotel for the 4th of July Week with 2 children under 10 (9), (4) my husband, cousin and his girlfriend (in their 20’s). We had a great time. The room was clean and the staff very friendly. We had the family package ( I recommend if you have kids) this included free entire into the Family Kingdom which we used a few times, a free breakfast buffet at the hotel, with made to order pancakes and waffles not bad but wouldn’t have paid for it, and free entree to the hotels water park, cute and fun but probably would not have paid for entrée, and a 100 dollar gift card that we used at the hotels little cafe. The beach was close, wide and we spent much of our time playing in the sand and surf. We are planning to stay here again this summer. We had a great time.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank dahall
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Firstly , making reservatons consisted of paying for a room that the hotel couldn't confirm of the location. The had me a room , but couldn't tell me if it was on the 2nd floor , 3rd floor , or any floor. Moving forward....Got there and the room was for the handicapped and provided a breathtaking view of a moldedaway building rooftop. Called immediately to the front desk. They sent me to another room with a wonderful view of the ocean. But this room was old and moldy. But it's all good. I would've probably stayed in it , had it not been for the cockroaches running up the walls from behind the bed. I called back immediately. They then , sent us to a third room. This room was very decent and clean. But that we would be moved to an oceanfront room for the duration of our stay ( 4 days ) the following day and also have the first nights charges refunded. Was I mad after unpacking and moving to three different rooms ? Yes ! But , did they fix the problem ? Yes ! So....after all was said and done...it's hard to be mad when the customer service team is so understanding and willing to make immediate ammends. My kid was happy , my wife was happy , so I am happy !! Yes , I forgive them for the inconvienance. No , I won't forget the wonderful way they handled it.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank ready4filmz
Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed 8 October 2010

We went to Sea Mist in the off season (before Memorial Day weekend) and loved it. We got such a good deal for the money we spent there, it was worth every cent! The resort is located off the main drag of Myrtle Beach. It is a little confusing as to were you check in. The room was recently remodeled and had a small kitchenette with full size fridge. We had ocean front room on the top floor. Everything was clean. Kids water park and kids swimming pool are included in price. There is direct access to the beach. The resort is not too far from the new boardwalk in Myrtle Beach. We took out 18mo old with us and she loved it!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 October 2010

We had a great trip. We drove from Philadelphia to Myrtle beach in August 2010. There were plenty of pools and the beach all within a two minute walk. Our room was very nice and ALWAYS CLEAN!!! No mater what time we left the room, when we came back our room was clean and the beds were always made. We plan on returning next summer.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
greenville, sc
Reviewed 2 October 2010

We were welcomed by a roach, in the morning another roach came to say good morning, before leaving a roach came by to say Adios! I guess I can say they are so friendly, they provide the pets for you. When I got home, I went through all my stuff outside the house to make sure I did not bring any "friends" back with me. By the way, the other negative reviews I read are absolutely true, the place literally stinks!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Greenville123

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

sevierville
Reviewed 1 October 2010

It is an older resort but nicely kept, the mattress on our kingsize bed will be my only complaint, and we were so exhausted from all the fun that it won't keep us from coming back. The fun in the sun package gave us all we needed for stuff to do. The beach is why we go and they have plenty of ocean front and ocean view room options, we wil go back.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family