3,158 results
All reviews palmetto building live oaks building conference center free mini golf ocean view lazy river private beach full size fridge ice maker breakfast buffet putt putt family reunion indoor pool ocean blvd off season parking garage springmaid
Reviewed October 5, 2018

This was our first time at this hotel. It was the worst experience ever! We stayed for two nights and our room wasn’t clean. I was treating a friend. I was mortified! When I called the hotel and asked if there was a cook to order breakfast because we were diamond members for life team for me it was included. We went to breakfast and we were given a bill. Eventually did take it off but it was very embarrassing! The couple next to us overheard us and came over and said that they had the exact same problem. You can’t say one thing to your customer and do another!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Travis C, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Thank you for sharing. As a diamond member, your benefits include a complimentary continental breakfast. It looks like we were able to upgrade you for free as a courtesy!

Reviewed October 5, 2018

Hotel is right in flight path of airport. Planes fly immediately over beginning at 6am and end around 11pm. Even outside at the beach or pool area, you can't relax because of the excessive noise level.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am sorry that you did not have the relaxing stay you were looking for. Thank you for sharing your experience. We always want to share that we are in the flight path! Most love the planes, but we can certainly understand if you do not!

Reviewed October 5, 2018

The staff at DoubleTree was great! They were polite and professional. They accommodated us by moving us to a quieter room away from some maintenance that was happening. Our AC unit stopped working late one night during the end of our stay and the maintenance personnel quickly came to our room and replaced the entire unit with a new one in about 30 minutes...wow, impressive!! Thank You for a great stay!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing! We are so happy that you had such a great time!

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

Staff in the restaurant, were outstanding
Staff at check in were also great.

But if you are expecting any sort of your normal Hilton Honors service...forget it.

It’s a resort and they really don’t care if you are a HH member.

-We booked in using HH points, and they actually charged $10 for parking in their open lot.
-For breakfast you are only allowed sugary high carbs unless you want to pay $7 more per person. The breakfast is $20 per person normally and it is not worth it.

(I’m not usually super picky but I was put off by their dirty dishes. The plates and glasses were filthy. I think they need to clean their dishwasher because every dish we tried to use had that thin film of crusty food on it. I asked for a different plate but the lady at the counter was not very pleasant and said it was just water on the plates....right, yellow egg yolk crusted water lol. I got a napkin and wetted it down to clean the plate).

Check out is at 11am and was told no late check out. Not a big deal since we were just going to a hopefully better hotel down the road.

So your HH means nothing here, the rooms need a refurb and you really are just another person renting out a room, ie time to leave..there’s the door, buh-bye...type of service.

Hotel room was just OK, a bit tattered and scraped up. Very loud during the night. I’m not 100% sure why, but the noise may have been from the big trucks moving in huge metal pipes to the construction site starting up next door.

I tried to do a quick bit of laundry. I was told by literally 4 different staff members where it was...all telling me a different location...when I couldn’t find it, I called the guest services and was told “it is out of service and has been for quite some time”. Would have been nice to know before I went searching.

Anyway, we were disappointed and won’t be back and I am 100% certain they won’t mind a bit lol

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
EileenR703, Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I am so sorry you were disappointed in your experience as a Hilton honors member! As on honors member you are one of our most valued guests, if you are qualifying for the free continental breakfast you must travel a lot & have been a member for some time now! I hate that the breakfast was such a terrible experience for you! We appreciate the feedback and will ensure we do everything we can to approve upon both our product & service!

Reviewed October 5, 2018

View was amazing of the grounds and the ocean. Loved the fact we could see the sunrise from our personal balcony! The staff was very professional, pleasant, and eager to please. Enjoyed the lazy river after a long day of sight seeing and worship.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Travis C, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

We are so happy you had such a great time! We look forward to your next couple of conferences!