This Palace resort and its service ruined our four day Myrtle Beach vocation. Made reservations three months ago, the hotel looked so great on the internet, but what a farce!
In the beginning everything was ok, we got a condo #1011 – it was a nice one bedroom one, the furniture and appliances were updated, the condo was clean, well decorated, overall it was a great place to stay. We did notice that the carpet was wet around the bedroom and living room doors, but though it was from the carpet cleaning and will dry. In a few hours, the wet spots actually got bigger and damper expanded toward closet and living room. We called the front desk, they sent a maintenance man to check it out and he kept asking if we spilled something on the floor. He vacuum the water and left. An hour later the water on the carpet was back. Carpet was flooded. We called again, the front desk lady named Julie said she can do nothing; the maintenance man was gone home. It was around 10:30 pm. So we went down to the desk and asked for another condo. She gave us keys for two to look at. The first had not been cleaned from the last people, and another was with old filthy furniture and just one old 19”TV. We went back and told her the condos are unacceptable…she said the rooms in the resort are individually owned and she is not able to accommodate us. After we told her we would not take it, she gave us another key to condo #2011. This condo looked a little better than others so we did not have any choice but to take it. Then we noticed the dirty spotty carpet, the broke down mattress in the bedroom, the dresser without nobs, the peeled old bathroom sink and walls. We moved our staff from #1011 to #2010 at 11 pm without anyone to offer us any help. Once this resort gets your money you are on your own – no customer service at all.
We weren’t able to enjoy our stay at this resort after this bitter experience. We will never ever come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palace Resort is a beautifully designed oceanfront resort with outdoor pools, whirlpools, sauna, steam room, exercise room, guest laundry and wonderful ocean views. The spacious oceanfront pool deck allows guests to easily access the beach and enjoy the relaxing ocean. This wonderful resort is just perfect for the active family wanting to get away from it all and still have it all anyway. The kids will love the video arcade room and the adults will love the fitness center and the golf putting green. Come see why Palace Resort is a favorite among south Myrtle Beach visitors! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your The Palace Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palace Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Palace Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach The Palace
- Palace Resort Myrtle Beach