New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Tropical Seas Hotel

Tropical Seas Hotel
Ranked #113 of 216 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Salisbury, North Carolina, United States
“Nice getaway weekend stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We decided at the spur of the moment to go to the beach. It was 10:30 pm when we arrived at the motel and had no reservations. With only a few rooms available we were expecting to find a room that was at the bottom of the barrel. We were surprised to find a wonderful room with a king bed and great view of the ocean. The room was nice and the service was super. It made for a great weekend getaway.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JWWJBEACHBUM
, General Manager at Tropical Seas Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend getaway. Thank you for the positive comment . People are prone to say negative comments before the good. Again thank you for making Tropical Seas your hotel of choice.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

I have gone here twice with my family and both times I have been impressed. The service is great and the rooms are beautiful. My kids loved its location right on the beach and my wife and I couldnt get enough of the 'lazy river' next door. This hotel is my home in Myrtle Beach, you honestly can't find a better hotel, but don't take it from me, go there!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your stay and Tropical Seas is your hotel of choice.
Hartsville, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

My Husband and I are staying there now,For our 15th Annirversary,We Love It!!! The Staff at the Front Desk is Sooo Sweet,& Welcoming,The Room Is Great,The View Is Great,The Room Is Really Nice & Clean,We're On The 9th Floor & I Really don't like Heights,So The Lady At the Front Desk offered to Find Us A Lower Floor,But I Told Her I Would Get Used 2 It,The Only Thing I don't like,Is The Elevator,But That Has Nothing 2 Do With The Hotel,I Hate All Elevators!!!Lol!!!We Found a New Place to Come,Been Going 2 Myrtle Beach For 15 Years,& Now We will be Staying Here!!! Thanks Tropical Seas:)

Room Tip: loved The Oceanfront Room!!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sheila172
Gastonia, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

After having a bad experience during the check-in process at my originally booked hotel I decided to return to Tropical Seas which I have not stayed in for several years. I was very pleased to find the hotel was exactly as I remembered it....GREAT! I requested an ocean front room which I figured being a walk in customer would not be available. I was pleasantly surprised to find the hotel had an ocean front room available. The room was very clean, neat, and orderly. During my stay, I encountered several staff members all of whom were very pleasant and helpful. I will definitely be returning to this hotel in the future!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank David R
Ypsilanti
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

If you're looking for something on the beach with no frills it was ok. The staff was nice. This hotel needs some serious renovations. No iron or board, no hairdryer and no in room coffee pot. Room smelled of mildew. Air conditioner worked but was broke away from unit.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Poland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2011

as soon as you enter the hotel an talk to the associate at the desk you will feel like you are part of the family. they are friendly and helpful. there are plenty of parking spaces in front of the hotel.and there are carts you put your luggage on and role to the elevator. the rooms are clean and the tvs work great. plenty of clean towels for the five of us. the room overlooked the ocean a great view. after spending a great day on the beach it felt good to come back to a cool room, air conditioning worked graet. loved this clean friendly hotel. will go back there to stay again.

Room Tip: the three room suite overlooking the ocean was great
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Arnett, WV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

My family stayed here for two nights for vacation and we loved it! This is a really great value. The room was nice and clean. I liked the way it had a bedroom that was separate from the room where the kids slept. And I liked the way that each room had a private balcony. I also liked the kitchen which had everything that you needed in it. The staff was friendly and helpful. The pool was pretty good but we also used the one next door at the Crown Reef which was fantastic. I will definetly return and I wont stay anywhere where else in Myrtle Beach,

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family