Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
SpringHill SuitesUS$119
PricelineUS$119
Hotels.comUS$119
Expedia.comUS$119
eDreamsUS$119
HurbUS$139
All reviews front desk waffles bed was very comfortable complimentary breakfast charleston properties
Selected filters
Reviewed July 21, 2020 via mobile

I have been traveling back and forth to Charleston for almost a year now. Now that Covid-19 is making things hard for hotels/travelers, I think it’s important to share my experiences especially for those who are still essential as far as business travel. This hotel was not terrible. The front desk attendant was not friendly, but I really don’t expect much when I arrive late. I received a really big handicapped room on the first floor. My preference is something on higher floor. Cleanliness was OK. Shower could use some bleach. The building is older. I could hear anyone who walked through the hallway at night. Two positives are that parking was free/easy and they had some fruit available in the lobby. I’m not sure why this hotel is rated so highly, but it could have to do with the lack of nicer options in N. Charleston. I’ll be trying another Marriott property next month.

Date of stay: July 2020
2  Thank biancaone_1
Reviewed June 12, 2020

After checking in at Springhill Suites at Ashley Phosphates; I used my credit card for incidentals. I brought some of my things into the room and left to be with family. While with my family I got a notification from my card company asking if I made the purchase for pay per view and I was able to deny it. I called the hotel and asked if someone was in my room and they told me that I needed to contact my card company. I froze my card and tried to enjoy my family.

Again, I got another notification that someone was trying to use my card. I called the hotel and they stated that I needed to contact my card company, again. At this point I told the front desk clerk that someone was trying to purchase pay per view at the hotel. They denied any responsibility even though the hotel is the only place that had that card number.

I returned to the hotel and walked in my room and noticed that things were out of place. The bathroom light was on, the toilet seat was up, the rod from the blind was on the floor and there was urine in the toilet. Immediately I went to the front and notified the clerk that someone had been in my room. She immediately moved us to another room. At this point my level of comfort was diminished. It took me awhile to calm down and finally get some sleep.

The next morning I went to talk to the manager. When I got to the front desk I noticed the manager at the front door. I asked to speak with her. The clerk approached the manager and then the manager went into her office and left me waiting for her in the lobby. As one who manages people, I am aware that customer service is key to a successful business. This manager had little to no regard for me as a customer or a person. I waited for the manager to come out of her office. When she finally came out of her office she asked how she could help me. She was condescending in her tone and talked AT me and not to me. I told her if my complaint and concern and she denied any responsibility for the obvious disarray of the room let alone the attempted fraud on my card. She even asked to see the notifications that were sent to me from my credit card company, making the assumption that I was making a false claim. She stated what she had done to remedy the situation, however, she began to contradict what she was saying to me about the situation.

There is obviously a dishonest employee stealing from customers; but what is worse is a manager who downplays the incident and takes no responsibility for the obvious fraud happening on her watch.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank AngelaLewis82
Reviewed March 25, 2020 via mobile

As a Marriott Platinum Elite member I have become accustomed to the superb service and quality that Marriott offers worldwide. This particular SpringHill Suites fails to maintain those standards pretty much across the board. A recent business trip brought myself and several colleagues to this property for a few days. It was obvious from the time we checked in that this property was not up to Marriott’s high standards. The associate at the front desk (Alexis, I believe) seemed to have an attitude from the start. Her treatment of me isn’t even what I would expect of an associate at a Motel 6. Her attitude seemed to resonate throughout the property. When you travel 75+ nights a year for both work and pleasure you quickly learn the difference in exemplary service and, well, poor service. This property doesn’t begin to offer good service. We definitely won’t be back! There are way too many other properties nearby to subject myself to such dismal customer service at this one.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank erwinmfletcher
GM7535, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2020

Thank you for choosing to stay at the SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate and providing your honest feedback on the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. I do wish that some details were offered giving me the opportunity to address them with my team, but hopefully you would consider reaching out to me so I may address your concerns.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to North Charleston.

Radu Moldovan, GM

Reviewed February 27, 2020 via mobile

We moved here after a terrible stay at another hotel and we're pleasantly surprised at how much nicer it was at a lower rate! It was family oriented and very clean, nice breakfast spread. The bed was very comfortable.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Hope G
Reviewed February 24, 2020

Front desk: the clerks were so polite and helpful. They even gave out goodie bags to us, that had chips, candy, fruit snacks, they were short a couple bags, so they allowed us to pick two items each out of their market area. Let me tell you, that little gesture went a long way to us! Just to have a little snack was such an excellent touch.

We had two rooms, each with 2 queen beds and pull out sofas. Rooms were very roomy and clean. The beds were some of the most comfortable hotel beds we have slept in. One person used the pull out sofa, and didn't find that comfortable.
The bathrooms have toiletry supplies already in the shower, and they are decent sized bottles, not those tiny sample bottles. Bathrooms were very clean!
The only reason I cannot give this hotel an excellent isn't any fault to them, BUT, we were on the 4th floor and out our window was the back side to peoples homes, and shortly after arriving the homeowner decided to burn leaves which filled our room with the smell, which bothers my allergies, but by bedtime the smell had left, however come sunrise the next morning, (sunday) we were woken up by that homeowners rooster. Yes, a rooster. The occupants in the other room we booked was just down the hall , and didn't have these small annoyances.
The complimentary breakfast wasn't bad. Eggs, sausage, oatmeal with a variety of toppings, bagels, cereal, make your own waffle. juice and milks. They also had fruit , apples and bananas.
I would stay here again, but would ask to not be away from the backyards of those homes, if possible.

Date of stay: February 2020