Lowest prices for your stay
US$91
US$87
Hotels.comUS$87
FindHotelUS$87
HurbUS$99
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 8, 2020

I was traveling and decided to stay at this property. This hotel is a newer property and with C19 I thought the rooms would be extremely clean.

I entered the room it appeared clean. So I begin to unpack I saw stains everywhere. The shower had hair all over it. It was nets or something flying around the room.

I was so tired I just went to sleep. I woke up and something was biting me. I had little red areas on my legs.

The front desk manager or supervisor had terrible customer service skills.

I will NEVER visit this property again. Its definitely new HILTON brands in the area.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank englandviews
Kristina G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Charleston - North Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2020

Dear englandq,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience. I am disappointed to read that your stay was less then satisfactory. I will make sure I take this feedback to correct department to use as a training tool moving forward.

I hope to given the chance to regain your trust moving forward.

Kristina G

Reviewed May 25, 2020

I'm a loyal Gold Elite customer, and when checking in on the first night of May 22, I felt no sense of hospitality from the night manager (named Aaron, I think). He got me checked in, as is his duty, but no cordiality in the process. I was disappointed with the lack of availability of facilities that you pay for (due to COVID-19). No pool, no billiards room, no fitness center access. Even the Business Center was closed! Was all that really necessary, as I thought SC was opening up for the Memorial Day Holiday? That's why I came down here from NC. To add insult to injury, I was told that my guaranteed late checkout via my Gold Elite status would not be honored! With all these restrictions, that's just a little thing to be asked. With the mood I'm in, I will likely not come here again, though I am a frequent traveler and often stay with Marriott in general, and their brand TownePlace Suites, in particular.

Date of stay: May 2020
Kristina G, Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Charleston - North Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2020

Dear Macat511,

Thank you for sharing with us your feedback. I am sorry that your time with us was not satisfactory. Due to COVID-19, some hotel facilities or services may not be available to guests for a period of time. I do hope that one day, when all of this is past us, you are able to try our property out again and give us the chance to regain your trust moving forward.

Kristina G.

Reviewed March 24, 2020 via mobile

I had reservations booked twice for this hotel this month. The first time the staff was rude. That goes for the guy named Aaron that works overnight as well as the cleaning staff in the morning. Checkout time is at noon at this hotel. It is very unprofessional when your staff is knocking on room doors at 09:30.

Furthermore the second stay never happened because I technically didn’t check in. I was told by Aaron that his manager told him that Thursday that they would be charging a non-refundable hotel fee of $100 for anyone with a local address. We are currently displaced due to water damage to our home so to think that we had just stayed at this hotel the week before and within days they decide they should charge a non-refundable fee of $100 is ridiculous!!! There was a credit card on file both times for any incidentals per their hotel policy. This “New Policy” was not on their website not even in fine print. It took me more than an hour to get this stay canceled without penalty due to their negligence. This was a huge inconvenience and very distasteful. Why would I pay a nightly rate of $200+ for the same room that another guest is only paying $100+ for on the same night???

Thankfully, we were able to secure a room for the same nightly rate at the Courtyard by Marriott right down the street. This hotel is new and their rooms are really nice. The staff is also very friendly and accommodating. Thanks to them we were able rest well that night.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Kristina G, Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Charleston - North Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2020

Hello ashmlo,

I am extremely sorry that your stay with us was not a great experience. We are currently in the process of implementing a new policy which is on hold right now due to COVID19. Basic hotel structures and policies are changing on a day to day basis at the moment.

Hopefully we have the chance to regain your trust in the future.

Kristina G.

Reviewed March 1, 2020

During the duration of my stay, I have had excellent service. They offer a great breakfast, dinner, and drinks. Their washroom is great because it is free to wash and dry one's laundry. They have a great little pool and exercise room. Their hospitality team has done an exemplary job of serving me and my team while here. Even their billiard room makes for great conversations. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone who needs to be able to sleep easily, have meals provided, and rest assure that they are well taken care of.

Room tip: Stay on the upper floors, the view is quite pleasant.
Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Kristina G, Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Charleston - North Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2020

Dear DavidM2926,

Thank you for sharing your feedback! I am pleased to read your stay was nothing but satisfactory. I am excited to share this with my staff in hopes to continue to motivate them.

We hope to see you back soon!

Kristina G

Reviewed February 19, 2020

What a fantastic hotel! They have complementary breakfast AND dinner most nights and with that comes soda, beer or wine! The staff in incredibly friendly and helpful!
In addition to the amazing customer service, this hotel is incredibly clean hotel from bottom to top. I felt the luxury for a fantastic price! And most importantly, next to cleanliness, I felt safe in my room, lobby and parking lot on this hotel! Thank you TownePlace for a fantastic stay! Thank you so much for making my time away from home comfortable, safe and relaxing!

Room tip: clean, safe, comfortable
Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Kristina G, Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Charleston - North Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2020

Dear braber62,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback regarding your stay. I am excited to share with my staff your feedback, as they strive to give great customer service.

We hope to see you back in the future!

Kristina Gilbert