“Very Modern-Excellent”

Home2 Suites Charleston Airport / Convention Center
Ranked #9 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed 23 April 2012

First off, the hotel was absolutely beautiful-very modern, stylish, and decorated nicely! At check in, the hotel staff gave us a room that was already taken..so we had to go back down stairs and start the process all over. The staff was very apologetic and offered us a free 2 night stay for another trip or a gift certificate to dine out. Once in the room, the place was spotless and very spacious. The furniture was beautiful and the place was decorated very well. The hotel also offers a continental breakfast in which I think was suitable for anyone's tatse! Very nice breakfast bar, and they let you take your food back to the room if you'd like :) My trip was very cozy and the staff was very accomodating as well! Also, the hotel is 5 mins away from the Tanger Outlet, so if you're a shopper, this is the place for you! I absolutely loved it and cannot wait to stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Miz B

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I stayed at the Home2 Suites for a night while visiting family in the Charleston area. My family's home was a bit crowded with guests and my flight came in really late in the evening, so as I Hilton person I thought I would give it a try. Right when you walk in the hotel, you can tell that it is new. It has a cool layout and breakfast area.

The room is a studio layout with a kitchenette. The room is organized a giant counter running across the room. I found it to be unique and would definitely stay at one while on the road for business.

The staff were very friendly. The only knock on the hotel was the noise which was due to soccer teams staying at it before a tournament.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank njtraveler811
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I can't say enough good things about this hotel.
I have three children that play soccer so we stay in this type of hotel at least once a month. The service here was so beyond what we usually encounter and expect. Everyone that works here could be mistaken for the manager because they are so nice and polite and concerned about you having a good stay. I was so impressed and I wish I had gotten their names but can only mention a few - Keya at the desk, Lizzie in housecleaning, the man and the woman who drove the shuttle bus to take me back and forth to the Tanger outlets, the woman who knocked on my door Sat night just to make sure I didn't need anything, all the ladies at breakfast who smiled at me and made sure everyone got what they needed. So nice!! It reminded me more of a luxury resort because of their attitudes.

In addition, the gym is one of the best I've ever seen in a hotel this size. Really quality equipment, all functioning properly, and everything one could need for a great workout.
The rooms layouts are really innovative and efficient. My bed was very comfortabale. Everything is super clean and organized. Wish there was one like this in every city! Great job to everyone working there!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Jenifer R
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Flew into Charleston on business week before last. I had not stayed in a Home2 Suites property before but I am a Hilton person and location was perfect. First impressions are everything and upon entering the lobby, I could tell this was a brand new property and that the lobby was laid out like a brightly colored and comfortable lounge. Emily at the front desk was probably the most friendly and engaging person I have checked in with in the last 10 years. There wasn't anything she couldn't help with nor anything that didn't call for a smile and a touch of laughter. My room was perfect - I tend to like Euro minimalism and bright colors in hotel decor with my most memorable layouts being Hotel Uno in downtown Naples, IT and another in Zurich, SW whose name I can't remember at the moment. I stayed two nights and availed myself of their continental breakfast both mornings and the small but very well equipped gym each evening. Location-wise it is close (driving) to the airport, freeway entrances, and walking distance to the convention center. I will stay there again when I go back to Charleston.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank JFB1955
Reviewed 4 March 2012

This is the only Home2 opened by Hilton so far. It was a treat to stay here. Keya, who made our reservation, and checked us in and out is a treasure. The staff was a pleasure to deal with. The rooms were super clean. Breakfast was different, more gourmet like, and very good. The breakfast hostess is a treasure, mom to everyone! Very modern, very clean. All the little extras were thought of. Close to downtown for us tourists!

Only things to watch out for: We stayed on a popular performer's concert night and the young people in the hall coming and going were very inconsiderate. I am sure the staff would accomodate you in the future so you wouldn't be situated next to concert goers. They took care of us when I mentioned it at check out. Thank you. Also, there is this annoying night light in the hall by the bathroom that lights the room up at night. It needs some kind of shade.

Room Tip: Tell them if you are not a concert goer.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank loonqueen
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Really cool and hip design. Very much a fun room layout. A ten minute drive from old town Charleston, so a great spot to base your touring from. The bathrooms are a little small, but having a full kitchen including a dishwasher was great for traveling with a baby, and they allowed small dogs, so ours was able to travel with us. The only problem we had was that we were in room 138, beside an exit door on the first floor, which slammed quite loudly whenever anyone went through it, so we were kept awake from 2-3 am, though our baby managed to sleep through it, so we did not move rooms -- but the front desk to their credit reduced what we paid for the room for the inconvenience. We would definitely stay there again -- just not in room 138.

Room Tip: Avoid room 138.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank atlblond
Reviewed 7 February 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Home2Suites in North Charleston for two weeks while she was doing business nearby. We were extremely impressed with everything about the hotel. The rooms were large and well equipped. The outside spaces were very nice and inviting to sit outside on a nice day. The staff was always helpful and we always felt at home at this hotel. If I am ever in the Charleston area I will definitely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012