“Good Conference Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lubbock, Texas
“Good Conference Hotel”
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I was just in North Charleston for a conference and I stayed at the Hilton. The room was much bigger than I expected and the hotel staff was very friendly. It was just a 5 minute walk to the convention center. The hotel had free coffee out in the lobby pretty much all day and there were cookies at night. Overall I enjoyed my stay. I will say I was a bit jealous of the people at the Embassy because they had a shuttle to downtown Charleston, I don't think our hotel did, at least I couldn't find info on it. The free hotel shuttle was great though. All in all a good stay and it totally worked for my purposes.

Downside: Very few food options in the area, whether you stay at the Hilton or elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
montreal
Reviewed 3 January 2012

didn't feel welcomed at this place.

there was no hot breakfast on the morning we were there. It was indeed a holiday, but it's not like my children don't expect a warm meal, - which was paid for - , just because the hotel staff is off that morning.

too bad, for a place I have nothing else to complain about.

Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank rexbo
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We checked in really late and left first thing in the morning, so I can only review the room.

We booked this hotel for Christmas night. We were headed Downtown Charleston the following morning and wanted something that wasn't too far away. The check-in process was the fastest I've ever seen; I was at the desk for less than 1 minute. They were very organized & straight to the point.

We had a room with a king bed which was extremely comfortable. The pillows on the other hand were terrible. They had very little filling and gave no support whatsoever, so bring your own! There was a kitchenette with a mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker with coffee/creamer/sugar/mugs, and a bottle of water.The bathroom was clean and supplied with mouthwash, Neutrogena soap, lotion, shampoo & conditioner.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Bloomingdale, Illinois
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Standard Hilton Garden Inn. What set this apart from others across the country that I've stayed in, was the Kitchen fare. Unique Charleston cooking. Very good!

Sleep Number beds - rotating dial does not have a number on it. Go figure. I've not found my sweet spot on it yet. My Tempurpedic at home is far superior.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Russell D
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 12 October 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights and had a nice uneventful stay.

Enjoyed a hot tasty breakfast every morning served by a very attentive staff. Dinner one evening as well was good.

Right near the outlet stores and a very short shuttle from Charleston Airport.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Peter D
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 26 September 2011

The front desk staff at this hotel has been exceptional from the moment I checked in. There was a miscommunication regarding the meeting I was attending (I had no address and the name of the building had been changed) but the staff graciously assisted me and helped me on my way. They even phoned the site to determine exactly which building my meetings were in, gave me the contact telephone number and the front desk phone number to help out. I wish that this was the standard for service, but it's not and I certainly have appreciated the extra care. The rooms are pleasant and well appointed.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 5th floor (the top for the building), away from the elevators. The even numbers...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Barbara G
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 22 September 2011

We held a week long business event in this Hilton Garden Inn and would do it again in a heart beat!
There were numerous reasons that contributed to the top notch experience. First, the management staff were very involved and on top of the event details. Upon arrival they had organized a meeting where we met the Go-To members from each department including the chef. Together we formalized the plans for the week. Not only did this get everyone on the same page at the event launch, the staff remained engaged and frequently checked to verify that each requirement was met. [Very impressive.]
Due to the nature of this event we needed to eat 2 of our meals each day in the main ballroom. The chef prepared some wonderful meals including some local "Low-Country cuisine" famous to the Charleston area. One evening we were treated to a sunset, roof top dining experience at a sister hotel in downtown Charleston that was just delightful.

You know that if everything else is running smoothly then it is the little things that make an event special, so I have to mention that we were very impressed at the variety of unanticipated 'little extras' that created a clear sense of Welcome and Hospitality.
Great Job!

It might help you to know that I liked the facility enough that I planned a return trip on personal vacation time, spending the days in the historic district of Charleston and the evenings at the Garden Inn. Great location and value.
If you are considering a trip to the Charleston area, I discovered that this property is actually not very far from downtown Charleston. The highway puts you in the downtown area in just a few minutes. Very convenient.

I highly recommend this Garden Inn for business events and personal travel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business