“Wonderful! Sad to Leave.”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #21 of 52 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 30 June 2010

Everything about this hotel is suburb. Before arrival I called the front desk clerk (Jason) and asked questions about the hotel and he answered each one with detail and was very pleasant. Offered me good advice, places to go etc. After I set the reservation I had to ask him another question so I left a message on the answering machine and he called me back in less than a half hour. The next door upon check in the manager (Rose) greeted me warmly and was happy to see me. She offered me brochures, maps, coupon books places to go see and answered all my questions. Everyone was pleasant and happy at their jobs. They were eager to assist and please. The room was comfortable and nice. The maids used a cleaner that smelled like oranges very nice and light. The room was very immaculate and the beds comfortable. I hated to leave it was when of the best hotel stays I ever had. The breakfast although continental was very flavorful. There was cheese and whole wheat bread which was good for people watching their carbs. Excellent place to stay you will love it. (the pool was clean)

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Flintstones50

Reviewed 24 May 2010

I've stayed at motels before and this Comfort Inn exceeded my expectations by huge leaps and bounds! First off, I used a coupon from one of the travel guides. I got about $20 off the advertised rate. I was just looking for a bed for one night with a clean shower. When I saw the room I was very surprised! It was very nicely decorated and was large enough that two people didn't feel cramped. They said they just recently updated the rooms and one of my bath towels still had a sticker (from the factory) on it, so I'd guess the update was very recent. Anyway, the bed was one of the nicest I've slept on, with a very plush pillow top mattress and nice pillows & bedding. I've stayed in expensive hotels and B&B's that didn't come anywhere near this nice of mattress/bedding.
What really impressed me was the way the housekeeper left the towels and tissue. The towels were folded in a nice design and two in the corner were shaped as hearts. They even did the fancy pocket w/ tissue flower design that so many resorts in Mexico do!
It was just really a nice touch for a $50/night motel. I stayed in another Comfort Inn in NC the next night and while the mattress was just as nice, it didn't have the nice bathroom or bedding this one did.

The continental breakfast the next morning was decent, with a nice assortment of juice and fresh fruit and string cheese (it's nice to have fruit and a protein food instead of only sugary pastries and cereals). They had decent coffee and a waffle maker, etc. The lady who attended the breakfast area was kind and helpful.

I found absolutely nothing desirable about the Myrtle Beach so I doubt I'll ever be in the area again. The motel isn't beach front, so if you're looking for that, check another facility (I think the beach was about 5 miles away and it was a pretty decent beach). But if you want a clean motel for a decent price that gives extra luxurious touches you don't normally find in a motel, check out this Comfort Inn. I really can't find any fault with this motel and I'm not any easy person to please! It was very nice!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank QTCat
Reviewed 3 May 2010

I stayed here for two nights on a spontaneous weekend getaway. I got the room for 46.00 per night through priceline, yes i said 46.00 per night that is awesome , i couldnt even get a room in my hometown for that. We stayed in a smoking king room and it ended up being a 2 room suite which they didnt even advertise or tell us about , it was a very nice surprise. We didnt actually need the extra bed in the other room but it was nice to have the extra space, we used to store our suitcases. when we got into the room , the A/C would not power on, i called the front desk and cant remeber her nemae but a slender blonde haired lady was excellent , she came up to the room in about 5 minutes and had the A/C working great. The service was awesome way better than expected.The room was spotless clean, the bed was incredible and slept great. The outback steak house is right next door, the ocean/ beachfront is about 2 miles away (not walking distance) house of blues and barefoot landing is about 4 or 5 miles away. if youre looking to be walking distance to clubs or bars where you can party - this is not your place. Theres not much of anything but the outback in walking distance.But it is a great place for the money. Godd for just a quick beach getaway. The other reviews about the slamming doors are true , when anyone leaves their room the doors slam hard and will wake you up, would be nice if they could put hydraulic closer arms or somehow cushion the doors that close.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ncdjman
Reviewed 15 October 2009

There were four of us in one large room. Enjoyed the large bathroom. Beds were excellent. Room very clean. Had a fridge and coffee maker.

Staff very nice and when we asked for more towels--they gave them to us quickly. I asked questions about free breakfast. A kitchen staff member at the breakfast stopped what she was doing and answered all of my questions.

Loved the cookies and free hot coffee in the lobby at all hours! The free breakfast was very good and had eggs, sausage and lots more goodies.

The location was perfect for us. My grandson loves Broadway at the Beach and we were very close to it. We spent two days there. He had a great 11th Birthday !

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank 7Purple
Reviewed 23 September 2009

I stayed here on sept 21 while on a business trip. This hotel is not on the ocean front but it was less than 60 dollars including tax with the discount coupon from a motel book that you get from the paper racks. They honored the coupon with no problem. The room was very clean, the linens were like new. Freindly staff , free wireless internet and free breakfast the next morning consisting of cereals, breads,and waffles.
Over all a good stop over. I would stay here again and recomend to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank highmiles61
Reviewed 18 April 2009

Staff was quite friendly, we got a king sized bed in a jacuzzi room for under a hundred bucks. Wifi was fast, cable was clear, has a sink in the 'kitchen' area, bathroom was very nice and clean. There was an abundant amount of towels which they mad a swan with - one in the kitchen and one in the jacuzzi area. There was also a desk with a decent leather chair. This hotel is a non-smoking hotel when asked but the lady was considerate enough to give us a room right by an exit/entrance by the pool area as well as a wink to let us know.

Other than the room being stuffy (after leaving for several hours and not having any ventilation on) and having a loud ac/fan, everything else was great!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lilgangirl
Reviewed 18 June 2008

My family & I just came back from Myrtle beach, I said the next time I go to the beach I wanna see how it is to stay on the beach,. well I did at the Holiday Inn at the Pavillion no big deal.. I rather be away from the beach at the comfort Suites getting a very good breakfast, not continental... spacious rooms, & great service, internet service, & away from the noise..... I luv the comfort suties on frontage st. very good service clean rooms.
You go comfort suites I would stay with you again & again I give you 6stars

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank 1sexybodygal
La Quinta Inn North Myrtle Beach
#40 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
5.7 km away
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#5 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
0.5 km away
Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach - Harbourgate
Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach -...
#9 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
3.4 km away
Sleep Inn at Harbour View
Sleep Inn at Harbour View
#2 of 4 in Little River

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!