All reviews spanish galleon lazy river hot tub within walking distance amusement park main street indoor pool full size refrigerator labor day weekend great beach north myrtle family vacation balcony od ocean shag kitchenette
Reviewed July 13, 2017 via mobile

I am writing due to an unpleasant experience with your front desk employee by the name of "Ed" as I was told. We have a wedding party for Aug 4th weekend, I made an online reservation but it wasn't clear as to if the deposit only was charged so I called in to inquire. On my first call Ed answered then hung up, on my second call I was asking questions and he was very short, didn't allow me finish my question, didn't take my entire credit card number, said I would receive a new confirmation, which I didn't. I was asking him if I needed to give him the wedding party last name and the code we were provided to book the room, he was very short, and cut me off saying no you don't need it and before I could finish speaking he states well i have your reservation you will get a confirmation, gn and ended my call.
I've been in customer service for 21 years; "Ed's"(he never stated his name at the beginning of the call I had to request it) professionalism was at an all time low, as this would be my first visit to your resort, it's created a negative mark where as prior to I was looking forward to my stay at your resort. If this is the service I should be expecting on my arrival, I'm not looking forward to the visit. With a property of your quality I would expect the same type of staff.
I'm expressing my concerns as a consumer there could very well be more who've experienced this as well, but I feel that it is necessary that management is aware of the customer service that's being provided.
I would love to speak with management in regards to this matter.
I reached out via the resorts FB messenger no response, emailed from resorts page, no response.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Nina S
Reviewed July 7, 2017

We originally picked this hotel because of the location. We wanted to be in the middle of everything. The good: I thought the room was very nice and clean, had an apartment sized refrigerator with freezer (to keep my boozy slushy pouches frozen.) Since I booked months ago, we were on the top floor, ocean front with a nice sized balcony. The pool and lazy river were awesome. Both were cleaned every morning. I know this because I sat on my balcony and watched them. Another review says otherwise. All I can tell you is what I witnessed. The bad: A different review said they were treated rudely because they were black. No, I think that's just OD Beach/Golf Resort's lack of customer service. We were there 5 days and not one employee said hello or asked if we were enjoying our stay. They looked downright miserable. Our room wasn't serviced on the last day there so we had to use the towels from the day before and make our own bed. The bar downstairs also had terrible service. I hope the bartender was new because he didn't seem to know what he was doing. We ordered their special drink. Didn't know it was pre-mixed (God only knows when) and it was watered down. It tasted like watered down Hawaiian punch with cheap rum. Certainly not worth $6.50/each!! The one waitress working was complaining about someone else -- the bartender said, keep it down. Her response: I don't care who hears me! The breakfast buffet tasted good, but seemed a little expensive for what was offered. $11.99/person. The ugly: (and this really ticked me off) When you check in you're basically warned AND have to sign a paper you will have your arm bands on at all times AND your parking pass in your car. We took our car and went out for breakfast one morning. Came back and there were ZERO parking spaces in the hotel lot. They were filled with cars and golf carts that did not have parking passes. Went in to the lobby and told the front desk there was nowhere to park. Their response was, oh well. park across the street in the free lot. I also saw a lot of people at the pool without the bands on. Staff was not checking to make sure everyone was a guest at the hotel. There is public access on each side of this hotel. There were so.many.people. at this beach it was crazy. Yeah, I know it was the 4th of July and it was hot as all get out. I didn't feel like I could leave my chair and stuff to go swim in the ocean. Hubby and I agreed we probably wouldn't come back here to stay.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Bimberly
Reviewed July 7, 2017

This hotel offers several room types; I chose the ocean front suite. The hotel is located next to the main intersection of Ocean Drive, so it is in walking distance of several places for shopping, eating, and entertainment. The suite was clean and comfortable. My only complaint is that the front desk will not start to check in guests until official check-in time, which is 4:00. Most hotels are willing to check in guests whenever their room is ready, but they make no effort to determine readiness of rooms. So don't plan on having any quality beach time on your first day there. The service staff was extremely nice. They came to clean my room, and I asked for five more minutes because by then I would be at the beach. They were so sweet and told me to take my time. When I returned, the picture I have included is what I found. Made me feel really special!

Room tip: Ocean front is the best
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Rose D
Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

I am currently here staying the week at this resort. I was hopeful that this would be an awesome place to stay since it's right on Main Street in North Myrtle. I was awfully wrong. The pool here is nicely designed but extremely dirty, I was worried about going under water. Along with that, they did not have towels for us to sit on and the chairs by the pool were horrible plastic. If you do decide to come here I would recommend bringing your own chair and towels. Along with that, we waited for our room for 6 hours and none of the staff was friendly about it. The beach is beautiful here and it's a great location but the pool and staff need work.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank kaelliott
Reviewed July 4, 2017

The services from the front desk was horrible Randall was very rude old man and the other lady with black hair and glasses was also rude. The room was very outdated. This hotel needs a major upgrade for the amount of money we paid. I will never book here again. As we checked in we were not greeted nor did anyone thank us for our stay. I just could not believe the front desk staff; They were just not fit to be working in that line of service. My family felt very unwelcome.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends