“Simply wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blockade Runner Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Myrtle Beach
Blockade Runner Motor Inn
Ranked #11 of 54 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Raleigh, NC
“Simply wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I have been going to the Blockade Runner just about every beautiful weekend since last November.

The rooms are beautiful and always clean and no matter which one you pick it will overlook the ocean.

It is couples and family friendly, as my fiance and I use it as a get away for us and other times we bring the family.

It is convenient to anywhere that you want to go.

The rates are unbelievably reasonable and the staff are always very nice.

If anyone ask me where they should stay in N.Myrtle Beach, I always refer them here.

I love this hotel. If I could change one thing it would be the parking situation. As the spring/summer are rolling in and the hotel is booked, it is very difficult to find a parking space but still worth it to stay at this hotel.

Don't judge it from the outside until you actually see the rooms. :)

I hope that everyone enjoys it as much as we do. We are headed there this weekend. :)

Room Tip: I love the top floor... :)
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Juakeia H

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
n.c.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

As a lifelong visitor to the Grand Strand, I know what you get for your money and it's not always what you deserve. The Blockade Runner gives you every penny's worth. Attractive and clean oceanfront rooms, attentive staff and good amenities that are consistently well below what other similar hotels charge.

Room Tip: Efficiences available for those desiring cooking facilities.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank ebbtide2
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Very pleased with the Blockade Runner. Clean and a great bargain. Oceanfront. No negatives whatsoever!

Room Tip: Top floor on the ocean = great sunsets!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank SightseerJF
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

Stayed here for the first time while attending a family reunion in August. Lovely oceanfront location and comfortable kitchenette room, simple but clean, just what I wanted and a wonderful value. "Locals" restaurant on the first floor was staffed with friendly folks and good southern food, even had liver mush on the menu for us foodies from faraway places! I had other family members staying at a fancy high-rise condo nearby with granite countertops and a price to match, but wasn't beachfront. They laughed at first; however, after visiting they could see the appeal, in fact they came over for breakfast twice. Traveling across the country to Myrtle Beach for the first time in 25 years, this relaxing throwback to a simpler time was exactly what what I was looking for.

4 Thank AnotherOpinion
mantua, nj
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

My trip was cut short this year due to the arrival of Hurricane Irene! Left for home mid week to await the damages back home. The stay here was a wonderful as each previous year with new little touches here and there. Michael is always smiling and welcoming upon arrival and sad to see us depart early! Love it here!

6 Thank josie131
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

My family and I have stayed in this hotel for a long time (since I was a baby). I am now older so I was expecting something to be different. Yes, they have remodeled the rooms. They are nicer as I remember the last time I was there which was around 2 years ago. There where just a couple of things that I didn't enjoy (this may only pertain just to room #204) First, as we looked at the remodeled room, we thought this was very nice. Then we started to find things wrong. We do not know what was wrong with the bathtub but it seemed like there was water built up underneath were you stand. At first when I stood, I thought I was going to fall threw. Every time I took a shower I was holding myself up on the side.(no handles) They must have remodeled it and water built up underneath. The microwave did not work we found out after we tried to make popcorn. We found candy on the floor, that did not come from us. Every night you could hear people from up above you. At one point it sounded like they were jumping on the beds. (never had to call though cause it stopped at midnight). The doors are always the worst. Best thing for me was they had wireless internet service and it was free. But for the price, this is what you get. My mom said we were leaving that it is probably time to find another place to stay.

1 Thank lifeisgood905
Jacksonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2011

We were attending a wedding in Myrtle Beach in October, and booked a room online. We chose this hotel because it was close to the venue and it was the most affordable of any that we were looking through. We were very pleasantly surprised when we got to our room, it was immaculately clean, large, and had a great view of the ocean. We figured it would just be a place to sleep for a little while after the wedding festivities were over, but now we look forward to returning next time we go on vacation!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple