“Paradise!”

North Beach Plantation
ontario, Canada
“Paradise!”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We stayed in a 3 bedroom condo in the Indigo Tower on the 9th floor. The condo was wonderful...could not say one bad thing about it. The view of the ocean was fantastic! Nice big balcony too...big enough to eat out on...which I love! The pools are many and fabulous. The beach here was beautiful too. The restaurant up in the middle of the 2 towers was not open, which was disappointing, as I would have loved to try it...I am sure the view would be great. The hotel is located right across the street from Barefoot Landing, so lots of restaurants nearby. It is about a 20 min. drive into Myrtle Beach proper. I can't really say much about the service as we really did not see any staff members all week, nor did we need them...so it was fine with us. I would definately stay here again! A slice of paradise!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Nefertari0422

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (731)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Our getaway at the north beach plantation was awesome we went there on feb 22nd -26th for our son 6th birthday. The view of the towers when you pull up is remarkable we arrive there that night at the front gate and we was immediately checked in without no problems except one thing they had put us in the indigo tower which was ocean view and we payed for ocean front. The room was very nice it was a two bedroom two bath called the hampton suite. We called the front desk the next morning and spoke to jessica about the mix up on the room she said it was no problem and we were moved to the jasmine house which was ocean front. Both room was upscale in everything from the furniture to the appliances even the soundproof windows so you can eliminate the sound. They had about 15 pools outside we didn't get a chance to try the outside pools do to the weather changing but we did get into the inside pools they wasn't crowded just quiet and relaxing all the pools are heated by the way so your good if you try the outside pools. The hotel staff was excellent everyone was friendly and helpful. I do have to tell you though if you don't believe in cleaning after yourself then this is not the place for you. The condos are like your own private home so you have to keep it clean yourself housekeeping only provide you towels and pull your trash and other condiments such as dish detergent and dish washer detergent. My overall experience of north beach was excellent i really enjoy the view from the fifth floor suite we had and i enjoy the quality of this hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who ask me and i will defitnitely be returning again this year.

Room Tip: Jasmine house is ocean front and indigo tower is ocean view, the higher the room the better the view...
7 Thank Nikkilovestotravel24
New Jersey
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Just finished my 3rd stay at north beach towers. I have been going to myrtle beach for over 30 years. North beach is by far the best place to stay on the grand strand. It is now approximately 3years old and continues to get better. Beside the large number of pools they are adding more restaurants for this summer. Condo units are beautiful and ocean front. You will definitely be impressed if you choose to stay at NB. It is pricey but well worth it.

• Stayed March 2012
4 Thank rettravnj
Covington, Virginia
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Last September we stayed next door to North Beach Plantation which was nice, but all week I whined about how I wished we were at North Beach. My husband surprised me in February and on the 20th left Virginia in snow to North Beach for four nights. A winter getaway was offered with affordable prices. Loved every minute of our stay. Sorry to say we will be next door again this summer or early fall due to the fact that a week's stay for us is too pricey. Not that it's not worth it but in warm months we are out on the beach or pool side and can't justify the price. A seven night stay is required during peak season. So next winter maybe I will be lucky again and they will offer another Winter Getaway deal. Thanks North Beach Plantation. I love this place!

Room Tip: Had a one bedroom condo. Jasmine Tower. So beautiful.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Marsha L
Clayton, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Stayed here at the end of February in a 4 bedroom Palmetto model. Very spacious! Full kitchen, comfortable beds, great view of the ocean/pools and wonderful customer service! We were told the bed was a pullout, but it wasn't. We did call for a rollaway bed so it worked out. We really enjoyed the indoor pool, had to call for towels both nights but they were delivered promptly.The rooms were immaculate, as well as the entire property. Will return in the summer, dying to swim in the many pools offered outside!

5 Thank Ferrickhead28
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Stayed here for the 2nd year in a row last weekend. This is one of the nicest resorts I've ever stayed at! I have stayed at about 15 other resorts in Myrtle Beach. Many were real nice, however, North Beach Plantation beats them all! Both times I have stayed here have been during the winter. I can only imagine how great it is once its warm enough to use the 15+ pools that are on the property. A swim up pool bar, many kiddie pools, at least 4 hot tubs, no shortage of lounge chairs and easy access to the beach. I've rented a two bedroom, and most recently a 3 bedroom and they were both gorgeous. Beautifully furnished, flat screen tvs in every room, modern kitchen, real nice furniture, plenty of closet space. Each bedroom had their own privacy. The rooms were very soundproof. Never heard anything coming from other units. The entire place was also very CLEAN! The property is surrounded by a beautiful beach and lots of palm trees. On the property there is a spa and an upscale steak and sushi restaurant. Within walking distance is a cool and inexpensive lunch place called Joes as well as Barefoot Landing, featuring shops and restaurants. There is a 24 hour Walmart less then 5 minutes away. You are also less then 15 minutes to Broadway At The Beach, and 20 minutes to Myrtle Beach Common. I've told all of my friends about this place, now I am telling you. A MUST SEE!

7 Thank kidd1043
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 February 2012

This property is absolutely gorgeous. It really does look like Atlantis in Bahamas (at least according to the photos). My husband and I visited this property for a quick getaway this month (February 2012) and were very pleased. Each individual unit is so beautifully decorated. The interior design is much like what you would find at a "Parade of Homes." It is truly your own condo on the beach. B/c of the time of year we visited, the property was quiet (which is what we wanted). The beach was very clean with lots of sea shells to collect.
We rented a one bedroom condo and there was definitely enough space for my husband and I to spread out and relax. We are planning to return this summer for our family vacation. North Myrtle Beach has soooooo many entertainment and dining choices. However, we have been warned that it is usualy a "mad house" in the summer with long waits for popular restaurants, etc.
Even though it was too cold to swim, the pools are beautiful and remind you of a caribbean island property. We didn't see much of the staff, but really there is not much that they need to do once you check in. Because each condo is fully equipped with a full kitchen, dining space, etc., you can prepare all meals in your condo or eat out.
My one concern for the summer is parking, I can imagine that this property is quite busy in the middle of the summer.
It was the perfect little getaway and a sneak peak at a beautiful property. Can't wait to return!!!

Room Tip: I believe all the condos are ocen view, so basically you choose the number of bedrooms you want (1 t...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Avista Resort
#5 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.1 km away
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Marina Inn at Grande Dunes
#3 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
2.5 km away
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#6 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
8.0 km away
Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes

Been to North Beach Plantation? Share your experiences!