This was a time share exchange to visit some friends in the area. We just wanted to visit & play cards as we did in the past. The check in was not easy as nothing is clearly marked. I even called and were given cryptic messages like I should know where I was going. Once in the facility, check in was quick but getting a parking pass wasn't easy. After going thru this procedure often, I have learned not to be as friendly as they are as just want to get you to sign up for a tour. We stood firm that we were tired from a long ride from Orlando and just wanted to check in. The unit was in tower 4, floor 5 (the dreaded time share tower) The best part was the indoor pool & sauna were in that tower. We did have a nice young man help us with our belongings, he even got us ice - the ice makers are cleared out between guests. The unit was retro 50's furniture--but just too much furniture. The unit sleeps 8, not even close....you would feel like a can of sardines. I have a couple of complaints 1. The furniture was very uncomfortable. Sitting in the dining chairs for a length of time was painful. On day two of our card playing reunion, we had to take bed pillows to make the seats more comfy.The furniture was very, very heavy to move around. I ended up moving a side chair from the living room to my bathroom as it didn't fit in the bedroom. This is a one person kitchen. Complaint #2 is about the pool. The trip to the pool thru the tower just didn't feel safe or comfortable. It is very windy and desolate. Going to the pool alone was out of the question, you had to walk down a hallway and needed 2 hands to open the pool door (safety issue for kidz?), the pool had poor lighting and was cold for an indoor pool; the hot tub was small for the size of the tower. The is no locker room so you can't change before going back to the suite. Trekking back thru the wind tunnel in a wet suit wasn't pleasant. The beach is gorgeous but it was mid Feb. so all we could do was walk along the water. Myrtle Beach is not a winter destination but it served its purpose for us.
As far as the sales pitch, we had a lovely southern woman try to woo us on a visit to our suite to answer a survey (yea right). We explained that we were owners elsewhere and had no interest and she graciously left our gift and left us alone. We appreciated that!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Timeshare property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Wyndham Ocean Boulevard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Ocean Boulevard Hotel North Myrtle Beach
- Wyndham Hotel Ocean Boulevard
- Myrtle Beach Fairfield
- Fairfield Myrtle Beach Ocean Boulevard
- Wyndham North Myrtle Beach
- North Myrtle Beach Wyndham
- Ocean Blvd Hotel n Myrtle Beach