All reviewsswing bridgefront deskdolphin cruisecherry grove beachnice place to staydvd playerwaterwaybalconycondobedroomaccommodationsdishwasherfurnituretvslaundryrent
Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

This place is really nice, we deliberated about whether to stay but glad we did. Very nice resort with owners who live here as well. Everyone is so friendly (we'll be here until July 3rd)
At the front desk Mary greeted me when I walked in off that 5 hour trip from va... she's a complete doll baby... she was soooo sweet. Any questions I had she was so ready with answers... when you get here you'll see what I mean- she's the sweetest thing walking, and no I don't know her personally... seems that way because I'm raving about her. I just appreciate awesome customer service. Then later we went down to the pool and spa... I met Billie, a super nice lady raised in Brooklyn, but who recently moved here from Charlotte NC... she's one of the owners here at Harbourgate

The harbourgate is right next to the bridge and you can hear the bells chime... it's not as irritating as I thought it would be... it's a light chime that you'll forget about after a few minutes. The location is a short drive to Rte 17 with all the shops and attractions. And the beach... I love it here. The pool is clean, spa nice, and grounds are clean. You can tell the staff here cares about the location and keep it comfortable and clean.
We have a full master bedroom with a awesomely large bathroom, full kitchen and living area with a sofa bed and walk out balcony. After 2 days of being here I'm already interested in possibly purchasing a unit here.
Stop in for a stay... oh... and the rates were very reasonable
Our 7 night stay cost us 800 with unlimited passes to the Waterpark and Mini golf, discount passes to other attractions in the area.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
OceanaResorts, Marketing Coordinator at Harbourgate Resort & Marina, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough and thoughtful review. We are very happy to hear that you are enjoying your stay at Harbourgate Marina Club! We hope that you continue to enjoy yourself, and let us know if you need anything!

Reviewed June 23, 2016 via mobile

We are staying a week with our family (2 adults, teen, and 2 younger ones ages 10 and 4.

Getting here was easy since it is right off the highway. Check in was a breeze and staff very friendly. We got free water park passes with our stay and there is a heated pool onsite. They also have a small business center and a standard fitness room (universal machine and cardio selections). We did not visit the restaurant, bar or store onsite.

The view. The view is quite mixed for me. I enjoy being able to see some of the harbor but there is a busy swing bridge to the front that is noisy and can get annoying. In the back you face a highway and the marina.

There is a lot to do in the area but there is not much of anything in walking distance (especially for kids). There are several food and grocery options near by as well as easy beach access within a few minutes drive.

The property is clean, staff friendly and helpful. They do have onsite security that walks the property but I was less than impressed with them (having worked security before myself). The pool is heated and seems to stay pretty clean. There are showers located at the pool and hot tub, with indoor bathrooms close by. There are ample chairs and a table to sit at but this doesn't seem ideal for sun bathing since most of the pool area is under the building. The waterpark is about 45 min away with traffic and I wish that wasn't the case. We may have gone more often if it was more accessible.

The rooms are spacious and they keep a very limited stock of kitchen utensils but ample plates and glassware. Laundry is in the units and ours had some towels and all sheets provided (nice since we didnt own king sheets). We could have used more hangers but made due. The amount of drawer space was less than what i expected but again we made due.

We love coming to Myrtle Beach and this year were not able to book in time to get our beachfront property. So far we have been very happy with this location and may come back, but still desire our beachfront. If you are coming on a boat and will be docking, this is a great place for you. They also have onsite boat and water activity rentals.

I feel bad giving this place 4 stars because they can't change what I didn't like (hwy view and for the rest of the family the bridge). Overall though I enjoyed my stay.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
OceanaResorts, Marketing Manager at Harbourgate Resort & Marina, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2016

Thank you for your recent stay at Harbourgate Marina Resort. We appreciate this comprehensive feedback and are happy you are enjoying your stay. We have shared this review with our team as we take our guests feedback very seriously. We hope you discovered Cherry Grove Beach. It's only minutes from our resort and has an abundance of free parking and shops to peruse. In addition, Main Street in North Myrtle Beach is just a few minutes away and has a variety of shops and restaurants as well as activities for the children. Again, we thank you and truly hope you will return for a future stay.

Reviewed June 17, 2016

Was overall pleased with my stay at Harbourgate Marina in Little River (Myrtle Beach, SC). The front desk was very pleasant (Dana & Candance). The rooms were comfortable and clean. The pool was enjoyed by my family and my sister's family. Would consider staying there on our next visit to Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
OceanaResorts, Marketing Manager at Harbourgate Resort & Marina, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2016

Thank you for your recent stay at Harbourgate Resort and Marina. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and found your room clean and comfortable and our staff "very pleasant". We have shared this wonderful feedback with our team and appreciate you letting us know that you had a great stay. We look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed June 5, 2016

We had a great experience at this location. Everyone was friendly and did everything to make our stay comfortable. We needed a blanket for the sofa bed and the friendly security guard was able to provide one for us. The room was clean and spacious. No noise from the adjoining rooms. We were able to relax on the balcony with a nice breeze. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank LenStoner
OceanaResorts, Marketing Manager at Harbourgate Resort & Marina, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2016

Thank you for your recent stay at Harbourgate! We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and the relaxing, balcony views. It's wonderful to hear that you found your room to be clean, spacious, and quiet. We look forward to having you back for a return stay!

Reviewed May 27, 2016

The villa was much roomier than the one we booked at North Myrtle Beach in 2015 but the king-sized bed was soooo soft that both my husband and I had terrible aching backs (it was like it was worn-out). And although the view off the balcony was beautiful, we couldn't leave the sliding glass doors open to let the breeze come in because of the traffic noise, and most importantly, because of the constant LOUD beeping of the drawbridge/swingbridge beside the marina. If it weren't for the noise, the visit would have been great.

Room Tip: The marina view was lovely but the traffic and bridge noise cancelled it out.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Carol B
OceanaResorts, Marketing Manager at Harbourgate Resort & Marina, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2016

Thank you for choosing Harbourgate Marina for your recent stay in North Myrtle Beach. We are happy you found your suite to be roomy with a beautiful view. We're sorry that our proximity to the swingbridge proved to be a nuisance. The tolling of the bell can be a bit bothersome to some but we find many guests learn to tune it out and enjoy watching the boats pass through. We truly hope you will return for a future stay!