All reviews room was clean poolside bar is ocean front basic needs no elevator private balcony small lazy river beach trip cleaning staff pool area easy access to the beach pots and pans north myrtle tiki nmb contractors housekeeper
Reviewed May 1, 2018

We came for a concert at the House of Blues. If you want a comfortable, affordable stay steps from the beach, this place is for you! I was very impressed with the woman who checked us in. She was very friendly and gave me an adorable goody bag with saltwater taffy and peppermints. That was a lovely, lovely touch!

We stayed in 103 and had no problems with the room (or later having pizza delivered). It was super cute, with a full fridge, separate bathroom, stove, microwave and sink...all nice touches! There was a 2 person dining table with chairs and a sofa.

The best perk of all is the sliding glass door with private balcony that overlooks the beach. It soothed my soul to be able to step outside my room and listen to the waves crash. The beach is a 30 second walk from the hotels pool area, and the beach was so lovely.

We had a teensy hiccup at checkout that was rectified immediately by whom I'm assuming was the owner or manager. Either way she was down to earth and friendly also and we would loooove to come back in the future. Right now is the perfect time to be there!

Room Tip: I would like to try a second floor room next time to get a better view of the ocean, but not complaining about the view I had on the first floor!
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anna K
Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

Great family friendly hotel with a spectacularly amazing staff. Everyone from the front desk to the pool guy are absolutely amazing to deal with. Michelle took great care of us and we cannot say enough about the cleaning lady. She us the reason we returned here and then mrs. Michelle just put the icing on the cake. Definitely recommend this place to families not looking for 5 star accommodations but want a trip to remember

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2018

This hotel was awesome for the money! It very much needs some updating but is VERY clean! I cannot say enough about every single employee we came in contact with, they truly were THE nicest staff I have ever had anywhere!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank BoardingPass219011
Reviewed March 13, 2018

Had a great time at castaway. It was very nice and quiet and had nice sized rooms with a nice size kitchen and its at a good location on the beach. Found lots of nice seashells right in front of the hotel. Even tho we could not get in the pool it was so crystal clear and so pretty we can't wait to go back in june with our kids.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paradise700764
Reviewed November 18, 2017

Girl who checked us in was very nice but it ended there. It was a crappy place and very outdated. Broken door and had to move rooms but new room had broken window and it was cold. Avoid this place at all costs!

Room Tip: Don't go here!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple