“Will be back” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tricia Lynn Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Myrtle Beach
Tricia Lynn Motel
Ranked #33 of 54 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Greenville, South Carolina
“Will be back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

It was a nice small room with close access to the ocean. The room was clean and the pool was refreshing. Very nice managers. Will stay there for next years vacation.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank mat1978-33

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2011

My husband and I originally booked a stay at Tricia Lyn for August 2010, Unfortunately I had a death in the family and received the call on our way there. Tricia Lyn was gracious enough to hold our deposit until April 1st 2011! My husband and I then planned a trip for February- March 2011. We arrived a day early, they "upgraded" our room (gave us something bigger) and adjusted our rate due to the season change. They allowed us to see the room first we were happy with it.. mostly due to cost and the view. CONS: Tricia Lyn is a MUCH OLDER motel- the windows are old and thin but offered a SPECTACULAR view of the ocean- the walls in our room were block and painted white and had a cold feel. The bedding was super clean, just not pleasing to look at. The comfort level of the bed was not very. PROS: The owners/staff know that they are competing with high end hotels and are very accommodating. The cost was much cheaper than a high end motel/hotel even during the low season. The hotel is close to everything- and the beach wasn't crowded when we went. They are in the process of updating and could see where they are making improvements a little at a time. I would stay there again in a heartbeaat.. again CHEAP= more money for play time!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank cortney_dodge
Greenville, S.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2009

Stayed at the Carriage House from 09/11 to 09/18 for SOS ( Shag Week at North Myrtle Beach ) . This is the 3 rd year we have stayed at the Carriage House with our little dog and have had the same room each year ( a request ). The room is very nice, quiet, roomy and they allow dogs !!! Have always had a great stay at the Carriage House and would recommend this to anyone wanting a nice place to stay especially if you travel with your pets. Will be back next year for SOS Week and plan on staying at the Carriage House again !!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank glh3131
Wheeling, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2009

Older 2-story, no elevators, exterior entry doors, outdoor pool, spacious rooms, No Hair Dryers!! We had a 2nd floor room with a great view of the beach, after we carried our luggage up the exterior stairs. The room was actually studio-type with living room/kitchen combo and a separate bedroom and separate bathroom. The rooms were CLEAN and older in need of updating and the a/c was a window unit. The bath was older with No hair dryer and No electrical outlets! The view was Fantastic! and the pool was ok too. Was the most expensive place we stayed for the entire 10 days. Would go again, but at a lower rate, was $198 as we checked in after 8pm without a reservation.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank AnEastCoastTraveler
ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2009

My family and I have stayed at the Tricia Lynn several times, and while it is a little dated, you can't beat it! The staff is very hospitable, the motel is clean and roomy, and it is on the beach at a reasonable price. The location is great as well. Many thanks to the owners for making our vacations very enjoyable!!!

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank beachbabies3
NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2008

It is a small 2 story motel from the 60's but has a very cozy feel to it. The open porch balconies are a great way to meet the other guests. Our unit had a kitchen and over looked the pool area. While the furnishings were dated, they were clean and in good condition. The location is great for getting on the beach and a close walk to Barefoot Landing was very enjoyable.

While its not a fancy resort, we found it quite enjoyable and the family that runs it was more than hospitable.
Would definely return.

• Liked — location and friendlyness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank nmb46
North East NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2007

My husband and I had a room at the Carriage House as we were traveling with dogs. When I booked the room, the gentleman didn't want to let me have a room because of the dog hair.My dogs were crated while in the room. He should have been concerned about the cleanliness of the room. The stove had not been cleaned, The kitchen and bathroom floors had not seen a cleaning in at least 5 years, very sticky and dirty. I was told that the carpet was new this summer, may have been, but it was filthy. I walked across the floor with a pair of white socks on, they were actually black on the bottoms. This is the quencher, I had to make use of the bathroom at 2:am, turned the bathroom light on and there was the biggest roach in the tub that I have ever seen in my life. I took a picture of it. Nasty!! It made by skin crawl. It was left so that the owners/cleaners could see. I started packing immediately, only having one day of a 5 day vacation. I told the owner about the situation and of course the response was that the room was cleaned, etc. etc. On top of all of this, they would not refund any on my money "I'm sorry but we can't refund any money" Never, ever, again.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family