Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
MAMCS
Lancaster, Kentucky

Still Nice

Review of Southern Lodge
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 21, 2020
We stayed at Southern Lodge for the first time in 4 or 5 years and it was still a very nice place. Only drawback was the breakfast buffet was closed due to the Covid plague. Definitely will go back the next time we are in the area.
Date of stay: June 2020
    C$146
Pool
    C$164
View more hotels in Orangeburg
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 19, 2018

The check in manager was very nice, the room adequate and the free breakfast just enough to get us on our way. It is an older place and it shows the wear and tear, it appears they are trying to keep it neat and clean. The carpets need to be cleaned.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2018 via mobile

Check in was rude! We had booked already online through Hotels.com based on decent reviews. We put down 3 guests and two beds online. My husband went inside and they said they had to charge extra because of our son? I’ve never heard of such a thing on a two queen bed room. Get to the room and oh my gosh.. the smell alone would knock you out. Smelled like they poured cheap deodorizer to mask the smell. Turned on the heat and it smelled like urine. Stains everywhere.. I didn’t even want to sleep on the beds. As someone who works in property management.. these people should be ashamed on the condition of this dump. Would never ever recommend. See photos to see a taste of what you’ll get.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank AGutie87
Reviewed October 29, 2018

I visit this location October 20, 2018 building looks nice from outside, but beware of the inside. I check-in, went to get something to eat, I was gone about two hours then I come back, to view the room for the first time, only to take my shoes off to a fully wet carpet, upon calling the front desk the lady refuse to give me her name, I informed her that the carpet was wet, she told me, that its raining outside and all there carpet are wet in all rooms, I requested a refund, she refused, advised me, that I had to wait until morning to get a refund. Please note she did not offer me another room are attempted to resolve my problem, as if this was normal, and I had a problem with the way it all was handled, did I say she refuse to give me her name or the owners or manager of the property, I paid with my credit card so I dispute payment went to the Travel Lodge next store, GREAT! I would never recommend this motel to anyone, BEWARE! Still this day I still have not gotten a phone call from these people shame on you.

Room tip: Try Travel Lodge Next Store
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Terrence S
Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

Check-in was easy and fast. I would give the customer service a 5 star but the room on the other hand was a mess. There was a roach on the wall and came out of the outlet. The light in the bathroom was creepy. If you ever seen the scary movies where there is that one light that flicker. Well that was the bathroom light. The floors were very stained and the television remote didnt work. We were scared to get under the covers. Even though it was a one night stay, it wasnt acceptable. And i will never stay again.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leo L
Reviewed October 7, 2018

We stayed here over night on way to Charleston to board Cruise Ship. Rooms were very comfortable. Hot breakfast started the day off well. The morning staff treated us like royalty. We will definitely stay here again and recommend it to others. We tried another motel that was difficult to find and had false advertisement. Pleased to find Southern Lodge with Southern Hospitality.

Date of stay: September 2018