2,177 results
All reviews lazy river seaside inn webster's restaurant litchfield beach summer house indoor pool one bedroom suite full kitchen family vacation washer dryer on site living area heron marsh short drive brookgreen gardens great vacation off season
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

The Litchfield resort is a beautiful property, my family enjoyed the pool and lazy river. We will definitely come again. The views are nice and you get alot of bang for your bucks. I just wish they served breakfast.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2018

I have enjoyed visiting Litchfield by the Sea since 1992. It is a beautiful place on a great beach. However, our check in experience was miserable.

We had clearly requested an ocean view room in Bridgewater and were offered one on the first floor where you cannot see the ocean. I politely said that would not work, and I was told by Zach that we would need to sit down until the issue had been resolved. I said no, we had sat for 8 hours driving to get there. He said they would have to review the reservation tapes, and I said fine. Of course we had indeed asked to be on the second floor or higher.

The manager was helpful at that point and offered us a room in Warwick, but we could only stay there two of the three nights. Even though it is a royal pain to change rooms in the middle of a trip, we agreed without further compensation.

They should have honored our request to begin with, and then they should have treated customers who have spent more than 100 nights with them much better. Apparently they do not have any field on their system that says you are repeat guests. The first question Zach asked us was if we had been there before. We have spent well into 5 figures there over the years and would have hoped for some recognition of our loyalty to their establishment.

Room tip: You want a room on the second floor or higher in Bridgewater in order to see the ocean.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carl K
Reviewed September 16, 2018

It is disappointing to see the decline we have witnessed over the years. We have stayed in the villas, the summer house and most recently Bridgewater. We have vacationed there with friends and had the opportunity to see their condos as well as the condos other were staying in. Almost without exception, the rooms are in desperate need of maintenance and updating. Furniture is old and uncomfortable. Rooms need to be painted. Though I had no problem with check in or checkout, while waiting for my room to become available, I witnessed the inability or unwillingness of the front desk staff do address customer concerns/complaints in a courteous and professional manner. The restaurant service horrible. I assume that the poor service was, in part, do to the fact there was not adequate staffing. The hostess was bussing table as well as seating guest. The first day we finally got our drinks as we were leaving. It is unfortunate that there is no standard that owners of these units/condos/villas are expected to maintain. It is a crap shoot as to what kind of room you are going to walk into and whether or not that room will be clean. The grounds are beautiful as is the lobby. However, when you leave the resort lobby and walk into your condo it seems you have left the resort and gone to a Motel 6. There is no need for a customer service manager to thank me for my comments or apologize. In spite of the decline in customer service and maintenance of condos, the resort obviously continues to be profitable. Our family will choose another resort in the future.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank Gary S
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Heron Marsh Unit 73 and the condo was extremely disappointing. We usually rent a 2 bedroom and we have our favorite unit but this year we needed a 3 bedroom. The condo needs updating but that’s not my complaint. It was dirty. The floor was gritty with sand and clearly had not been wet mopped in some time, there were massive cobwebs hanging from the ceilings, the carpeting on the stairs was gross and the walls were dirty. The worst part however, was the six rusty deck chairs with broken backs and legs. I realize the owners may not have been there in awhile but doesn’t someone oversee the state of things? I usually rent through an outside rental company but this one was rented through Litchfield. I won’t ever make that mistake again!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank 43debrac
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

I’m not sure why there are so many negative review of this resort. We booked a pool view room on Booking.com $136 a night for a 1 bedroom that had 2 queen beds and a living room that had a couch bed. This condo was room 203 in the East building at Seaside. We had a full kitchen complete with a full size fridge with ice maker, stove, dishwasher and microwave. We also had a kitchen table. The beds were comfortable including the couch bed. We slept 5 adults but could’ve slept 6 adults. The bathroom was updated with a large walk-in shower that had a bench seat. We had a nice balcony that overlooked the pool area. We loved the lazy river. The pool area included 2 large hot tubs, a big pool, a lazy river and a kids pool including buckets that dumped on you and sprinklers. There were also 4-5 cabanas you could stay in at the pool for shade and privacy.
***FYI- this is a huge resort with a few different areas to stay in. Make sure you are near which area you would prefer. Our building was a 1/2 mile walk to the beach. They did run shuttles to the beach in some areas. They also had bike rentals. The beach is beautiful, how soft white sand and a lot less crowded compared to Myrtle Beach area. We went at a perfect time of year, Sept 7-9. You could also use the pool for the rest of the day after checking out.

Trip type: Travelled with family