Lowest prices for your stay
C$200
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Official Site
C$200
Liberty1961
Pendleton, Kentucky

Very nice complex, amenities/supplies well stocked but unit was small.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Oct 8, 2023via mobile
Stayed in Bridgewater section. Overall very satisfied with stay but parking spots were ridiculously narrow. Even handicap spots were too narrow to enter/exit vehicle. Can’t be ADA compliant. Complex is very well maintained and pool area is fantastic and very picturesque. Suite 119 was nice but definitely on small side. Not recommended for more than two people. Kitchen and hallway was tight to pass by another person. Table was worn and leaf was slanted. Bathroom is small and if you have any claustrophobia issues this unit is not for you. Unit was clean and well decorated. No dishwasher, so plates/glasses reflected that as several were covered with food. Short walk to wide beach with minimal activity. (October)
Date of stay: October 2023
Room Tip: Late Sept/ early Oct is optimal time.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Responded 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort. We pride ourselves on providing a great customer experience during every step of your journey, whether that is interacting with our amazing guest services team, sitting poolside and soaking up the South Carolina sunshine, or enjoying the comfort one of our fabulous rooms, suites, or villas. We can't wait to welcome you back soon.

Regards,
  • Algotels
8.3 km from Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort
View more hotels in Pawleys Island
2,447 results
All reviews lazy river seaside inn litchfield beach indoor pool heron marsh washer and dryer on site brookgreen gardens ocean view long weekend bridgewater summerhouse starbucks bedroom condo golf accommodations
Selected filters
Reviewed October 3, 2023

Anyone thinking of staying here would do well to read the reviews listed on this website, they are mainly accurate.

The overall problem with this resort is you never know what your unit is going to look like. They are all independently owned and the resort acts as a management company renting them out for the owners.

I'm assuming there is a checklist of items an owner must provide in their unit (dishes, pans, glasses, beds, etc. etc) but not all owners provide the same quality or quantity of things. This isn't the resorts fault directly but if they provided pictures of the individual units and their furnishings we, as consumers, could make educated decisions. Or they could simply require higher standards if they are going to take a unit into their program

The unit I just stayed in was not good. Horrible beds and furnishings dirty carpets, grimy walls. (my wife, a self proclaimed clean freak had me go buy cleaning supplies so she could clean the counters, sinks, etc) The unit reflects very poorly on resort management who obviously don't care the quality of what they are renting.

The resort grounds and the beach are very nice and it is worth staying here if you can. My recommendation would be to NOT book through the resort but rather look on air BNB or VBRO for a unit inside the resort that provides pictures and a detailed description so you know what you are paying for. You also can ask questions of the owner to make sure the unit will meet your needs.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank plev
Andrew Maffei, General Manager at Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for sharing your experience at Litchfield Beach and Golf Resort, my sincerest apologies that your experience didn't live up to your expectations. I want to invite you to contact me directly at my information below so I may discuss your stay in greater detail and work to resolve the issues you experienced. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Thank you again for choosing Litchfield Beach and Golf Resort, I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed September 30, 2023

We didn't get what we asked for and paid a large price for during Litchfield's Unlimited Fun Summer Sale. We paid for a three bedroom oceanfront condo, but the Sandpiper B first floor condo we got had no view of the beach at all. We had only a partial view of the ocean beyond the tall dunes in front of our part of the building. We had to pay the full price before seeing the condo, and the front desk clerk said that no oceanfront condos were available. The nicely furnished condo and well-landscaped resort didn't compensate for the beach view that we came from our mountain home to enjoy. We won't recommend this resort to anyone.

Room tip: Don't accept your condo before seeing it. If it is not what you paid for, return to the front desk and demand what you paid for.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed September 19, 2023

We had a terrible stay here in a filthy room in Bridgewater 212. The floors were caked with dirt in the corners, the oven was dripping grease, the air vents were clogged with hunks of dust, the sheets had holes and blood stains, the lamp shade was stained, and drawers were dirty. Checked out early. Birthday ruined. Asked to change rooms and was told no other available rooms but parking lot more than half empty and not many people around. I went back on their website and it showed available rooms for same days. Will not return and would not recommend. May want to pitch a tent before staying here!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janjan53123

Reviewed September 1, 2023 via mobile

Don’t stay here if you want working lights or a TV that has channels you can watch . What a crock. This place is poorly managed and maintained. Would not recommend. These are two simple things and they couldn’t even make them happen. Not recommended.

Trip type: Travelled solo

A Tripadvisor Member
Reviewed August 23, 2023

We've been staying at Litchfield for more than 20 years. The vegetation on the property and the pools and beach are well maintained, but other ameneties that are advertise are old, moldy, broken, and unusable. The fitness center is a joke. The indoor pool looks like the roof is about to cave in. The "lock box" to get inside doesn't work. The ice cream shop is usually closed. There is a restaurant onsite that is a huge disappointment and usually closed. Litchfield could be raking in the money with all of the families that stay onsite. The website won't advertise actual photos of the unit you rent - so beware. They are "sample photos" with the actual unit remaining a suprise upon arrival.

Date of stay: July 2023