“Something New and Different for Pickens”
Review of Coyote Coffee Cafe

Coyote Coffee Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Pickens
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Description: We are located in the heart of downtown Pickens SC. We serve Breakfast Lunch and Dinner and the most delicious coffee! Come by and see us!
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

I'd been wanting to visit this place for awhile and finally stopped in for some cafe au lait and a breakfast sandwich this morning. Both were good, though the muffin with egg, bacon and cheese didn't have very much flavor (perhaps my fault for ordering from the Fit menu HA!). At any rate, it's nice to see a business like this open up in Pickens! We need more businesses of this type. Beautiful setting in the old bank building. Will definitely stop in for a coffee again!

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I love Coyote Coffee. We're so happy they opened a location near us. It's a great atmosphere with a friendly staff. The coffee options are great. I'm diabetic and there are several options that I can get sugar free and made with almond milk. I don't get that option at other coffee places.

Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

Great cafe, great service, and great food. Their coffee is wonderful. Turkey Bacon Ranch Wrap is very tasty. Grape salad is great. We were a very large group and they didn't mind us pulling two small tables over to the large one so that we could seat 14. The chef came out to apologize for the slowness as he was the only one in the kitchen, but it really wasn't that slow considering there were 14 of us all at once plus several other tables of people. We arrived at 5:30 p.m., so we were able to park in front of the courthouse. Easy walk across the side street to the front door. The waitresses were all so polite and helpful with the menu items as it was our first time in a Coyote Cafe. The interior is very eclectic (rustic old bank building) with a small area designated for enjoying a conversation or a good book while having coffee or a bite to eat. Large and small tables available as well. The sandwiches come with chips and a pickle. One thing they need to clarify is that if you substitute a side for the chips, there is an up-charge of 99 cents. The waitress did not make that clear when we ordered.

Reviewed July 5, 2017

This review is for the newly opened Coyote on Main Street in Pickens, SC. I believe there is another nearby location in Easley, but I've never been there.
The good.......
Food was fresh and delicious. We ordered the Cowboy Chicken Salad sandwich and the Toasted Turkey sandwich. We shared half of each. As stated, both were very good, but we agreed the turkey was the best. Maybe because it was served warm and toasty as opposed to the other cold sandwich, but that's most certainly how it should be.
The bad......
Upon ordering, we were asked did we want the chips or fruit cup. We selected the fruit cup, not realizing, nor being informed that it would be a 99¢ upcharge. That's certainly not going to break the bank, but I feel it was misrepresented, and not miscommunicated either, because it also happened to three other people in our party.
I feel they may have been short staffed. Staff was whizzing around like crazy, but at the height of the lunch hour, there were no clean tables and there was food all over the floor. This of course was due to a messy patron. I feel fairly certain it's not the usual circumstance, but it wasn't very appetizing. The restrooms were very clean, but they need a hook on the door to hang purses, jackets, etc. Again, I think staff was overwhelmed.
I loved the retro and rustic decor. Very inviting. The desserts looked good, but we didn't sample any. Several people in our party ordered smoothies and said they were good.
I will definitely go back. I like patronizing small businesses that aren't a chain. On the down side, it's a tad expensive. A little over $18 for 2 sandwiches, 2 fruit cups, and 2 waters. BTW.....25¢ each for water, but I guess they do have to pay for the disposable cup, lemon and water. No big deal. We liked it! Give it a try. There's a lot to do in Pickens. Primarily the Wednesday only, Pickens Flea market. I haven't done this, but there is supposed to be a "turtles on main", similar to " mice on main" in Greenville, SC. A few neat little thrift type shops and antiques.

Reviewed April 29, 2017 via mobile

My absolute favorite place to get specialty coffee in Pickens County, SC. The sandwiches are delicious and fresh. The coffee is amazing! They have a large selection of sugar free coffees and protein shakes as well. Love all 4 locations, and especially the new location in Pickens.

Been to Coyote Coffee Cafe? Share your experiences!