“Prime Rib that was terrible”
Review of Saluda River Grill

Saluda River Grill
Ranked #1 of 66 Restaurants in Piedmont
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2017

I spend over 130 nights a year in hotels and eat out constantly. If I go to an expensive place to eat, my expectations are high. When I go to a moderately priced place to dine like Saluda, I don't expect perfection, but I still expect a reasonable meal. My waitress was superb. The pimento cheese appetizer I had was good. The prime rib that I was served was the lowest grade quality piece of beef I have received in years. There is absolutely no way this should have been served. The kitchen did not do their job, nor did the management. This is a very out of the way spot to eat, and has a cool vibe. But, after being there 3 times and having two mediocre meals and a very poor one tonight, the only way I would even consider going back would be for a burger and a salad.And that is not likely.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Had lunch at the Saluda River Grill the other day, it was great. It is a really nice restaurant In a refurbished old building next to the Saluda river. The furnishing is reall nice and the atmosphere is super. Very cozy place to bring your date for a nice dinner. Beautiful inside and out. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

1  Thank Larry K
Reviewed June 30, 2017 via mobile

We have gone to this restaurant several times. It seems to be a popular place to have a drink. The bar area was very busy and seemed like everyone knew everyone. The food has always been satisfactory. I wouldn't say it was superb, but it wasn't bad either. I haven't found that special dish on the menu yet.

Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

Off the beaten path but worth it. Food was delicious, staff friendly and caring, great view and reasonably priced. Prime rib special 11.00 dollars. Can't beat it!

1  Thank Tomgrinch
Reviewed May 14, 2017

We called and made a reservation for Mothers Day Brunch at 11 mid week. We called and reconfirmed our reservation the morning of, arrived at the hostess podium and were told they don't take reservations! We waited an hour before they seated us. The manager had nothing to say and acted as if this issue was none of his immediate concern. He, the hostesses and wait staff were all smug in their replies, acknowledging absolutely nothing to correct all of the confusion. There were also 5 other parties in line behind us that had also called and made reservations as well and were all told they would be waiting until the next available table. In the meantime, smaller walk-in groups were immediately sat. The food was OK. The breakfast items were great, the fried chicken stellar, the rest of the items dry or mushy or overcooked. We had been going quite often for dinner and have always strongly suggested this place to our AirBNB guests, however we will not be pursuing any sort of reputation or relationship with this establishment. We won't be entertaining this place until the owner is out and a new owner actually shows concern for guests or the staff have somehow miraculously been trained and operations improve. TOTALLY RUINED OUR FAMILY MOTHERS DAY GATHERING