“Good economy motel.”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Port Royal
Knoxville
“Good economy motel.”
Reviewed 10 July 2010

We prepaid 53 dollars through Super8.com and for that price, you won't beat this. The non-smoking room was clean, comfortable, and smelled good. It appear to have been fairly recently renovated. There were minor issues: ice machine either broken, or run out by someone filling a cooler. Our room was not quite ready at check-in time. There were not enough towels in the room. However, all the hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful. The location is very convenient to Beaufort, Parris Island, and Penn Center, while Hunting Island State Park with its lighthouse and beach are about 20 minutes away.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Sergo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
chicago
Reviewed 26 April 2008

had a nice experience. loved the bed, and the rooms are also very new with all the amanaties one need. nice,clean and comfortable. Highly recomanded.

• Liked — best for the value
  • Disliked — no complains
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ChicagoKnightrider
la
Reviewed 5 January 2008

Do not stay here!!!
If there is a problem the management is no help.
The manager let thugs stay at this hotel. The thugs fired a gun in the pool area around my daughter. We left when they did not contact authorities immediately fearing for our safety and got charged for an extra nights stay.

Stayed September 2007
1 Thank afraidofsuper8

Travellers are raving about these Port Royal hotels

Havertown, PA
Reviewed 7 September 2007

This was the worst motel experience I have ever had. The letter I sent them was 2 full pages. I will do my best to condense my experience for this site. Our room wasn't ready until 3pm. One bar of
soap for 4 people. No shampoo. Stained & broken tiles in the bathroom
ceiling. While we went to dinner the staff went into my sister-in-law's room, packed up her belongings, which included her MS medicines
& cane, stole $30.00 worth of specialized food that she needed (which
we could not replace while there), and threw all her stuff into the laundry room. They told us they thought she had checked out and left her stuff behind. Because of this we never left anything in the rooms. The next day after the "maid" was "done" all she did was make the beds. No fresh towels, no shampoo again, and still just 1 bar of soap.

My sister-in-law did not feel safe so I had to spend the nights with her instead of my husband & kids. Continental breakfast consisted of donuts and juice, which you had to eat standing up. No Coffee! In the
parking lot was a filthy broken down van that had a man living in it.
We discovered that same man lying on my sister-in-law's bed watching TV when we came back from my son's graduation. All the motels and hotels in Port Royal are jam packed every week for graduations. We had no other place to go. The fact that they treat family members of new Marines like this is inexcusable.

Stayed April 2006
1 Thank lwolf42gsd
Albany, NY
Reviewed 16 October 2006

I have read other reviews on this hotel and disagree with there comments about the hotel. The only one that I agree with a little was the comment about the pool, that it wasn't open. But the room was fine and yes it isn't a 4 star hotel and they don't try to be. The service there was great and the only thing I thought was odd is that they didn't give you the little bottles of shampoo and conditioner. Overall I really did enjoy my stay there.

Lisa - Albany, NY

1 Thank kelseys2
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 May 2006

This was by far the worst we've stayed at in a long time. We checked in on a Wednesday late afternoon; and out on a Friday at 5:30am. It was very cramped, not extremely well kept, and not conveniently layed out. We had 5 people staying in 3 doulbe beds. The layout was not conducive to people getting into the bathroom and using the sink. The toilet gave us problems. They also held us up when we checked out trying to charge us for more than the nights we stayed. I would not recommend this at all. It's a good thing all we needed to do was sleep. Sorry, but trying to be honest.

Stayed May 2006
Quality Inn St. Helena
#1 of 1 in Saint Helena Island
5.0 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beaufort West

Been to Super 8 Port Royal/Beaufort? Share your experiences!