“OK place”

Ranked #8 of 25 Restaurants in Port Royal
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed June 6, 2018

Great place for a sunset and views. Food is good, not great but good. Shrimp Po boy and other dishes are very good. Burger is not bad either. Service can be iffy but the wait on the porch can make it ok. Lots of locals here. Price is right.

Reviewed June 4, 2018

I had visited The Back Porch to many times to keep track in the past and swore that I would never return after a run in with the owner, but never say never because I went back and man oh man, not sure if the time has done her wonders or if it is because there has been a change in management, all I know is I will now be an "old regular" once again, and I am ecstatic, to say the least. I was informed that the owner had lost her spouse very unexpectedly and that he did the day to day management at The back porch so before I make a judgement I should have considered all the facts and I did not do so, but I have now and since returning service, quality of food and staff have been amazing. Kudos to this new manager, I believe her name is Missy, she has totally turned that place around between staff, service, food quality, and cleanliness. she always seems to be there, not sure if she lives right there at the marina but no matter how many hours she has been there she always give superb service, and delivers a friendly smile, warm greeting, on point suggestions from the menu, and the food is not only always delectable, but always served hot or cold, depending on what you order, and always delivered in a timely manner no matter how many other diners are there. Kudos to the owner for finding this hidden gem of a manager, she will go far and I can see her taking this place to the next level of superiority!!! Good Luck Missy!!!!

Reviewed May 7, 2018

We walked up the long pier after a day on the water seeking a cold beer and a decent burger. What we found was disappointment in every category.

First the outside seating was dirty. The wait/bus staff apparently do not care what the place looks like and the health department has not been there in a while.

My partner ordered a burger and paid extra for French fries which were a disgrace. The burger, obviously frozen, was over done and dry.

I ordered a taco salad which would have been satisfactory had the contents been hot.

The waitress was on her first day so getting answers to questions was understandably difficult. But how difficult is it to have a list of available beers?

Smokers and patrons with dogs peopled the outside tables. The inside is dreary.

I would suggest finding an alternative choice of a place to eat.

Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

Have been there many times. Food is always good. No question. Words of caution about time of day and staffing. Seems like most weekends they are way short staffed. The staff is working hard but need more of them. Last visit waited over an hour for food. There is a great view so that was a nice distraction away from the wait. Tables were not bused etc. Just seems like management needs to step it up a notch. Credit to the cooks though!!

Reviewed April 12, 2018

This is our go to, as we have a boat docked there. But I also go for lunch with work companions. Service is usually great, if they are understaffed they hustle and you get the vibe. If Donna is there she will make sure you are served. Burgers best in town. Salads very good. During the day a beautiful view. Crowded on nights they have live music but worth it if you can get a table. Not a bad experience...