“Use to love this Hotel!!!! Than they got new super Rude housekeeper.”

Economy Inn Express
Economy Inn Express
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Rock Hill
Reviewed 3 December 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a lot. rooms are clean. owner has his moments but over all his nice its his wife thats RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!! And now she the new housekeeper beating on doors yelling for towels and sheets. We were stay overs she wanted to leave our door standing wide open while she cleaned the room( but its to cold outside for that) she said well i have to keep opening. she kept running her mouth we checked out next day and wont be back i reuse to pay good money at room and be treated how she treats guest. Dont go waste money!!!!!!!!!!!!! and internet only works sometimes

Room Tip: Pick another hotel!
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I( 6hink what puts most off is the Staff, they don't speak much English so they seem Rude- But it was a VERY quiet Room, Cheap and easy on off the Interstate w Restaurants nearby- If you want new, shiny you'll pay alot more

Room Tip: I specified Clean n Bug Free- not sure I needed to;-)
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank michaelpH6112WK
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We checked in very late and out early the next morning. The room was sufficient, but not much more. The attendant processed the entire transaction and only literally said 3 words to me the entire time. There are no vending machines and their "free continential breakfast" consists of some prepackaged muffins and a coffee pot. I would suggest paying a little extra and staying at one of the many other hotels within walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a few weeks for his job. The room is old, could be cleaner. The maid service was rude and pushy. They knocked and knocked even if the "do not disturb" sign was on the door. We were trying to eat dinner and watch a movie and they came 3 times to change the sheets even after I said no. We are changing hotels Friday (would change sooner but paid until then). The only plus is there's a lot of channels for a hotel room. We will not be coming back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I thought this was a decent hotel, although the manager was gruff and didn't seem to speak English too well. The room looked clean, and the furniture nice enough. Then I notice something black in the bed, kind of like Styrofoam- something neither my fiancee nor I tracked in. After that, I see a condom wrapper under the bed, which I could see just standing by the table. The alarm clock didn't work either- the cord to plug it in didn't work and there was no battery. Furthermore, the coffeemaker was in the BATHROOM- so gross- and there was no coffee.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2012

It is $10 less than anything in Charlotte and conveniently located just off I-77 and on the strip at Rock HIll (Cherry St.). Gas, food, etc. are literally within a mile. For $42.50 I got a king bed, fridge, microwave, TV, wireless access, 2 chairs and a table, drawers, and a mirror. The bath was huge with a shelf along one wall, a coffee-maker, a hairdryer, a fast-flush toliet, and a really cool wedge-shaped mirror above the sink. The bathroom also included what was apparently a nursing home device for old people to sit on while showering. I didn't use it and so it stayed in the corner. The price also includes coffee and honeybuns in the morning. It is pet friendly and I saw people walking their dogs on the premises. The owners are Indians and speak heavily accented English, but I did not find them either rude or friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Beachtrekr
Reviewed 3 May 2012

i wouldent go back to this pleace to save my life well lets start out the room was not in that good of condition no dressers the bathtub was nasty had some kind of black stuff in it .... i went out to fill my ice up and the owner told me to go away and was really rude when it was time to check out he was rude i have never been to a motel that was like this i would suggesed you go some where else because they are not! a good choice i will NEVER stay at that pleace again

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family