“Very nice hotel, but ...”

Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Rock Hill
Reviewed 9 April 2017

On our drive home from Florida reserved a room using points. When we arrived we were surprised to find there were no carts to bring our luggage up to the room. Apparently, this hotel has only two luggage carts and they were both in use. We had to make several trips to the car to bring our stuff in, then sat forlornly in the lobby waiting. There were two agents at checkin, looking at us. Finally, someone said, "how are you doing"? At which point, I said, "not too well". At which point, I explained that we had spent the entire day on the road, and just wanted to get to our room. i asked if they could send someone up to the rooms that had just checked in to bring us back a cart. Instead the gentleman at the desk offered to help us carry our stuff to our room. I can't understand why Marriott would only allow the hotel two carts. As seniors, in all the years we've been traveling, this is the first time this has happened. The accommodations were fine, though. Room, although very small, was well-appointed, comfortable bed, nice bedding. That's the most important part of any stay for me. Some minor problems with wifi, but nothing serious. Next morning, I got a coffee at their bistro and then told the agent at the desk about our checkin and asked for breakfast. I felt the agents from the night before should have offered this for our trouble, but had to ask on my own. My request was granted, but I feel, as a property just off the highway and, therefore, catering to travelers, they should offer at least, a free continental breakfast. It appears Marriott is cutting back in some ways and offering expensive breakfast to pad their bottom line. Also, this hotel charged 25,000 points. It seemed more like a 15,000 point property.

Stayed: April 2017

Reviewed 28 March 2017

The hotel rooms need to updated. The bathtub had screws sticking out where they patched the walls, the one sink in the room had very minimal counter space, the floors had lumps in them with a noticeable incline and decline close to the door that you had to be aware of not to trip.
I had to unplug the alarm clock to get to a spare outlet, there were no other outlets to be found that were not behind heavy furniture. The mini fridge fell forward when you opened the door from the door weight. You had to tilt it backwards to get it to close again.
Also, the noise from I77 made it hard to sleep at night.
All of this combined does not equal to the cost we paid for the room. I expected more from a Marriott Courtyard at this price point.

Room Tip: Request a top floor not on the interstate side for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Ashley G, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2017

Vicki H,
First of all, we want to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay.

Your opinion is really important to us as we strive for excellence in all that we do. Your feedback helps us to improve on a daily basis by identifying our strengths and weaknesses. We eagerly look forward to our complete renovation in the months

We truly regret that you left with a poor impression from the hotel and services and are really concerned to learn about your disappointments. We will be sure to pass on your comments to the appropriate hotel team members to ensure that we are providing the best service/environment possible.

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Convenient to everything, this Courtyard is always clean and provides great customer service. We have stayed here numerous times on our business trips to Rock Hill. Clean rooms, comfy beds and a pleasant staff. What more could you ask for?

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

After checking in with friendly front desk clerk we entered room 312. Immediately apparent were inoperable phone and floor lamb. Friendly Maid in hall worked on and fixed the phone and called front desk about the lamp. Front desk provided new light bulb. Beyond that the refrigerator seemed to fall out when the door was opened - it is missing a leg or support on the front corner. The plastic piece around the tub has screw heads sticking out - one not even flat (I've never seen that in any hotel bathroom - ugly). The seat on the toilet is loose -very uncomfortable. Stumbled out of bed and went to make a cup of coffee. Started to pour water in but because water had been left in, my water spilled out of coffee maker- not what you want first out of bed. We have stayed in many Marriotts because of reliable and consistent quality. Indeed, we have stayed here a number of times. This room was a disappointment. It displayed a lack of attention to detail with regard to maintenance. On another note I was surprised to learn that the triple A discount rate was lower than Marriott's internet advertised guaranteed lowest if you book through Marriott.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John N
Ashley G, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2017

John N,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. Your input and the feedback from all of our guests is vitally important to us. We always want guest expectations to be met and exceeded upon arrival.

We regret to hear of issues you had . We aim for excellence in all that we do and apologize that we missed the mark this time.

We hope to welcome you back in the future so you can see for yourself our dedication to you as our guest. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance in personally coordinating any future reservations.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

We visited last week and the lobby area, pool and hotel in general is extremely clean.
The rooms need a refresh for sure but I'm sure they will get one soon.
A special mention to Rosalind who went out of her way to have balloons waiting in our room for my sons bday. Thank you!!

Overall a pleasant stay. A suggestion -as s'mores skewers were handed out to the soccer team upon arrival very nice touch but a bit dangerous as they were very sharp/pointed edge and then the kids wanted to roast over the fire.

Maybe just some warm baked chocolate chip cookies in the evening would be a safer bet!

Stayed: February 2017
Ashley G, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2017

Dear Travelwthebest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review on your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill. We are pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in the area. Until then, wishing you safe travels.
Yours in Hosptiality,

Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

This is a fine hotel....really friendly staff. I have a nice king size bed (very comfy) and enough room for myself, except the bathroom counter is way too small. This is our go to hotel for business travel in the area. Great restaurants in area....check out Baxter Village. Cute area with great outdoor dining.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank agray325
Ashley G, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2017

Dear agray325, ,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review on your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill. We are pleased to hear that you had a nice stay with us. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our hardworking team for a job well done. We hope to welcome you back soon. Until then, take care.
Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 31 January 2017

The Courtyard Rock Hill will definitely get my business again! My son and I visited the area in December 2016 and we had an awesome stay! I had to travel for business and brought my son along. This was his first time traveling with me on business and I was extremely worried about leaving him alone during the day while I went to work. However, two members of the staff (Rosalind and Courtney) at this location put my fears to rest quickly! My son enjoyed himself and I never worried after speaking with these ladies.
In addition, these ladies were extremely helpful, courteous and professional! This location is well kept and the I would recommend it to anyone traveling to this area. There are also a few good dining locations just outside the hotel parking lot which was a huge plus! Courtney and Rosalind, thank you both for making our visit a very memorable and pleasant one!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Ashley G, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2017

Dear Rod P,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review on your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill. We are pleased to hear that you and your son enjoyed your stay with us. We would love to welcome you back anytime you are in the area. Until then, wishing you safe travels.
Yours in Hospitality,