“compare your bill charges to your charge card statement”

Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Rock Hill
Reviewed 25 June 2010

I booked in at the 'Stay for Breakfast" rate which room rate is adjusted to cover that meal. When my monthly credit card statement came. I noticed that the hotel had actually charged me for $13.70 MORE than the total shown on my official hotel receipt. I called the hotel & they said the additional charge was for breakfast, ehich they neglected to put on my receipt. I pointed out to them that my room rate included breakfast. The clerk then said they would have to check with their manager and would call me back. UItimatley, the manager said the charge would be reversed. Interestingly, the same thing happend to my colleague at the same hotel.
I am a "frequent flier:" at this chain and this has not happened before but if this mistake was made on 2 separte bills, how many others were there? I am recommending the hotel for the sake of the many nights I have stayed at the chain but this one........

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 June 2010

Our family stopped here overnight while traveling from Ohio to Florida. We went straight to our room, showered, and slept. Check in and checkout were a breeze and the grounds are kept very nice. It is an easy off and on to Interstate 77 and tucked beside several businesses and restaurants. This facility is consistent with other Marriott Courtyard locations. Actually, anytime we travel to Florida we usually stop here and have never been disappointed. As some have stated, unless you get an awesome deal that includes breakfast, save your money and hit the McDonalds down the road or plan ahead with some granola bars! Enjoy your travels!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
fowler62, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2010

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 27 August 2009

I chose this Marriott because of it's location. It is a quick exit off of the interstate and two quick right hand turns and you're there. As many others have stated, you are next to an Outback whose curbside service came in very handy for me! Two gas stations and plenty of other stores are a mere block away.

Entering the Marriott your first whiff introduces you to the indoor pool. Strong smell of chlorine. To your right is their ' business' area, one computer and printer at a tiny desk, as well as their breakfast area and coffee bar.

Check in was easy except Marriott had recently changed their key system and of course, mine did not work so we had to return to the front desk to recode. Staff was very nice.

I had requested a top floor but in the three story property I was given the second floor. My room was good size and had been refurbished. Very comfortable bedding and AC that could blow you out of the room. I love to sleep in a cool room so I left it cranked on and snuggled under the comforter to enjoy some much needed sleep.

My second night presented me with an adjacent family who spent the entire evening running up and down the hallway and allowing their door to bang open and closed, using the security bar to prevent their door from actually locking shut. This went on for hours. At 11.30pm, my feet hit the floor to confront the road runners but they finally retired and quiet, for the most part, was restored.

Yes the carpet could be updated, as well as the lobby and I think a proper business center would be a great feature. One computer hog is all you need to back up the line of people trying to print boarding passes or check emails.

It's not a full service luxury Marriott but it's comfortable, the location is great, staff was pleasant and I had no security issues.

I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2009

We stayed here on the way to Florida. Wow, it was so nice, clean, soft beds, pretty. The pool and hot tub were a nice treat after our long ride. The breakfast the next day we should have skipped. Pancakes that were sitting too long on the buffet area, yuk. But overall great hotel to stay at !!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2009

This is a nice hotel with spacious and clean rooms. The only poor thing was the quality of the towels - thin and rough. Should be better for the price they charge. Also, the coffee in the lobby area was basically water - worst I have had in a long time.

We chose this place as there is an Outback next door and after a long day of driving we didn't want to get in the car again and look for a restaurant. Not much else in the area as it is a bit removed from the shopping malls etc.

The front desk check in staff were pleasant and friendly.

Overall we were happy with this choice for an overnight stop.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2008

I must say...I didn't expect much. HOWEVER...from the moment that I checked in (Stephanie was more than welcoming) until the moment that I requested a wake-up call (just a bit ago)...the whole experience has be wonderful.
Before I go any farther...if you are looking for a negative, here it is - the sound proofing between my ceiling and the next floor (as well as through the door for the adjoining room) was poor. I ran the air conditioner to cover the noise from the movie next door and the family upstairs,
THAT SAID!!!!!
I am a PICKY traveler. If I pay for a Shangri La suite, I expect to be treated as such. If I back-pack in with crud on my shoes,,,well...I accept what I get.
So...I bid a price on this room that was competitive with the rates of nearby hotels in a lower class....I figured that if I got the room it would be "okay" at best.
I got the room. Oh my GOSH!!! The hotel has (actually is in the process of being) upgraded. The lobby is still 1990. However, the rooms are amazing. Bigger????No. What they have done is to reconfigure the rooms based on feng shui principles. The colors and arrangements of furniture make you think that you are in a San Francisco boutique hotel.
As I alluded to ...my (priceline) room was small. BUT...it was so relaxing.
They have an indoor pool that was the perfect temperature...as was the hot tub/spa (note that there was some "dirt"...(I think it was probably rust from an old light fixture) in the bottom of the hot tub. )
All in all...I hate to turn others on to this place...the price may go up!!!! But the staff and the company deserve kudos for making a very special place out of the usual "courtyard" facilities.
I hope I can get a room here at the price I bid the next time I returen. If not......................I may acutally consider paying the asking price.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 26 October 2007

The room we ordered and the only reason we stopped there was not available. Then I had to haggle with them on a price adjustment because I was not getting the room I ordered. The room did not smell pleasant. The TV picture is poor. The $8 breakfast is what you would expect from a mass produced system, nothing spectacular and definitely not worth paying for. The next morning when we left they asked how are stay was and I told them what I thought. They at least discounted the room again. Location is this place's biggest upside and they have wireless. Beware when getting of the ramp of 77 N. It's one of those triple exits with other ramps coming on at the same time, very retarded.

Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family