Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rock Hill/Charlotte Area
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
A TripAdvisor Member
“Horrible hotel”
Reviewed 16 March 2011

This place was horrible. The staff was very rude and even yelled at us when we checked out. We stayed here for over a week, the internet went down every hour. I called down to get it turned back on and the last was very rude. Said she would take care of it when the shift change happened. Well that was to happen 4 hours after I called. I go down and here she is talking on the phone about her sick grandma whenever she was there she was always on the phone same with the rest of the employees. When we tried to check out we stood at the front desk for ten min with the clerk siting on phone ignoreing us. We spoke up saying "hey we're not standing here for our health" and the same lady started yelling at us. The breakfasts was horrible, coffee was weak. The maids would never change the sheets or empty my garbage can. And never replaced the soap. The carpet in my room was pulling up from the floor and tv seemed like it was going to explode. Over all I would not recommend a dog to sleep in this dive.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 January 2011

First let me say, Microtels aren't for everyone; the rooms are a little smaller than most hotels, but for a solo business traveler I think they are just right. Check-in was quick and friendly, multi-story property with interior corridors and elevator. Room was very clean and comfortable. Hairdryer, desk with rolling chair, micro/fridge. No shampoo, but I always carry some with me anyway so no big deal. Outlets are very conveniently placed so you don't have to crawl under anything to plug in a charger or laptop. Wi-Fi was free and worked very well. Bed and pillows were comfortable. I was in a hurry when I checked out so I just grabbed a muffin from the breakfast bar so I can't really comment on other items. Overall a very good stay and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank rocknrun
MISRH, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rock Hill/Charlotte Area, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us here at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham of Rock Hill SC.
central illinois
Reviewed 28 July 2010

This was a very nice, clean place to spend the night. We had no problems with check in or out. We felt our car was safe and it was very quiet in our room. The breakfast was what one can expect but there was plenty and good coffee. We stayed at a place the previous night that cost $45 more and was the same size but not nearly as fresh and inviting. If you need a place to stay one or two nights, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
dnp, Guest Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rock Hill/Charlotte Area, responded to this review, 4 August 2010
We want to thank you for staying with us at Rock Hill Microtel Inn & Suites. We are glad that your stay was plesant, please be sure to book with us again. We look forward to your stay.
Luray, VA
Reviewed 3 April 2010

This week marked my fourth stay with Microtel in Rock Hill, SC. Once again I was impressed by the staff (especially the nice blonde lady that checked us in this week and in October 2009). The rooms are always clean, fresh coffee is always available and you can't beat the price or the convenience.

To cilneri, I work at a popular 4 season resort in VA, and it is standard procedure to imprint credit cards. If you're not comfortable with an imprint, most will take a $$ deposit instead. The imprint is proof that you used your credit card and security for damage to the room.

Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
dnp, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rock Hill/Charlotte Area, responded to this review, 26 July 2010
Thank you and your family for continuing your stay with us here at Microtel Inn & suite in Rock Hill, S.C. We are very pleased that we can continue to serve you and your family. Hope that all ur stays are always the pleasant.
MD/DE State Line
Reviewed 12 February 2010

I took advantage of a great $50 per night rate through the Internet. The front desk clerk was very accomodating, however they used an old fashion credit card imprint that I was not comfortable with. Not a biggie.

The room was just ok. The fridge took up a bit of the space and I could barely get my roller in. Some of the items in the room were a bit dirty, save the bed. The TV is positioned very inconveiently, so that I cannot work and watch at the same time without developing neck pain. Decent wirless speeds.

The breakfast was all pre-packaged, so I skipped it and went to the nearby Starbucks.

It was a mixed experience, but definitely good value. I'd recommend it for the price.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
dnp, Director of Operation at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rock Hill/Charlotte Area, responded to this review, 10 March 2010
Thank you for staying with us at the Microtel Inn Suites. We use electronic and have a imprint credit card mchine which is part of the hotel requirement for documentation of a guest stay. We aplogize about your room not being up to standards. We however did retrain all of housekeeping about the issue you incountered. The TV are there because of the Microtel Inn Suites standard protocol. However when we purchase new flat screen the TV will be moved to a more suitable positions. Once again thank you for staying with us.
USA
Reviewed 14 January 2010

Stopped on a trip to Florida from WV. Easy access to motel from I-77. Quiet room, everything in working order. Wife said she felt like the walls were right against her. The room was small but it was clean.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
dnp, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rock Hill/Charlotte Area, responded to this review, 24 March 2010
Thank you for choosing Mirotel Inn and Suites of Rockhill ,SC. We would like to extend our gratitude and appreciation of your buisness. We look forward to your next stay and making each one that will follow even better.
Lancaster, South Carolina
Reviewed 6 October 2009

I was verry satisfied with the two night stay, Oct 3rd & 4th 2009. Great staff, easy WiFi. The room was small but adequate. I was satisfied with the safety not knowing Rock Hill very well. Very accomodating and as good as any 3 star I have stayed at. Recommended

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
thank you for choosing Mirotel Inn and Suites of Rockhill ,SC. We would like to extend our gratitude and appreciation of your buisness. We look forward to your next stay and making each one that will follow even better.