“Good Hotel, Nice Location”
Review of Holiday Inn Santee

Holiday Inn Santee
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Santee
New Hampshire
“Good Hotel, Nice Location”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We stayed here on our way back home from Florida. The hotel was easy to find, right off I-95.

We had our pet with us, so we always appreciate hotels that accept them. As others have noted, the 4th floor is the pet floor. It was very quiet and the room was fine, although a little smaller then other HI's we've stayed at. Still just fine.

There is not a free breakfast, as they have a restaurant. We didn't eat there for dinner, but the prices are reasonable, probably because there is so much competition for your dinner dollar in the area.

My husband went down to explore the $10 breakfast buffet but ordered from the menu instead, because it was cheaper for what he wanted. He likes toast and fruit for breakfast and he could get that for less by ordering. He said the fruit was very fresh and good.

We would definately stop here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Polish first
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 1 January 2012

If you are on 1-95 its worth the stop at the visitor's center to pick up a RoomSaver or Travel Coupon free booklet that has great deals in it.Headed down on 95 & stopped around 8:30p.m. Parking lot fulled and thought that the coupon would be a problem. They were very accommodating and enjoyed the room. Coming home stopping around 3:30pm with parking lot having 4 cars in it they did not except coupon stating allocated rooms were already taken. (Not sure how this could be). Location is a very easy on & off 95. There is a Cracker Barrel right around the corner. No complimentary breakfast that we were aware of...

Room Tip: No problem with noise during our stay.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Bea12312
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Pleasant Surprise at an exit off I-95. Checked all other hotels in 30 mile radius with indoor pool for kids and this was best reviewed. It is nice... clean big rooms, bath & body works bath stuff, kids eat free for each paid adult meal purchased in restaurant, but no free breakfast included with room. Free coffee in lobby but no real creamer or half and half. No starbucks around either ;) breakfast buffet runs $10 per adult. Lots of hot choices but food is not great. No waffle iron or cooked to ordr food on buffet. But u can ordr from extensive yet overpriced menu. Would stay here again if stopping in that little area. I will probably plan better next time and stay a little further south where hotel selection is better.

• Stayed December 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 1 December 2011

My first thought as I pulled up was wow - a newer H/I. Lobby entrance is great however once I got unpacked in my room, the small details began to show their ugly head. First, crappy TV reception (snowy). Second, leftover goodies on the back splash in the washroom - curly hair, toothpaste, small crusty material (could be from someone else's nose - not mine). Third, nasty stains in the corners of the grout on the tile floor. Finally, no coffee service pack in the room! Did I mention I hate black coffee?

Hey housekeeping - look at the details!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Vancouver_CanadaRick
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed 1 December 2011

We needed a place for an overnight stay while travelling back to Florida. We were looking for a hotel off of I-95. Imagine our surprise when we came upon this Holiday Inn. Everyone we encountered was friendly and accommodatiing. The property and grounds were well kept and clean. The rooms are a good size and very clean. There is a nice restaurant on site. We stopped in for breakfast and it was hot and served in a timely manner. Would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ladyblue90
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed 21 November 2011

The stay began with some snafus, but with the help of Sandy at the front desk, disarray transformed into tranquility and a very good stay.

Issue number one was room entry. The green light illuminated but the door felt bolted. Turns out, with my first room, instead of doing what anyone would normally do - push the door handle down to open, this required pushing the hanlde up. This glitch is evidently known to exist for some rooms because I was quickly advised of the remedy. I'd strongly suggest that management remedy this inconvenience. But if they don't, some of you will save a trip back down to the lobby by simply pushing up, if down doesn't work.

Once I was able to enter, the conversation from the next room was very loud. As I was just getting over a cold, my tolerance for problems was low. I became the resident complainer to desk clerk Sandy who earned her stripes and kept her cool. I hope management appreciates her fine work.

She honored my request and found a replacement room. This time there were no issues with sound, which leads me to conclude that the noise problems were with isolated ultra noisy guests next to my initial room, rather than with the hotel itself.

Room number two was great, although after dinner at Clark's (walking distance, right across the street and very good) I couldn't re-enter the room. This time it wasn't a question of up or down. Rather, placing the room key in my wallet next to credit cards discombobulated the magnetic stripe. Once it was reprogrammed, a sound sleep on a very comfortable bed soon followed.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Lincoln Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 November 2011

If you are looking for a pet friendly place when traveling from NJ or anywhere in the NE to Florida, this is a great location. This is our second stay at this hotel in the past four years and it is certainly a step above the Comfort Inn we stayed at in St. George, SC the other two years. The rooms are clean, but our room this time has a few minor issues....two drawer pulls are awol and the cross bar for the desk is hanging off...very strange...time on microwave also was not reset to EST and the flat screen tv picture quality is awful. Restaurant is nice and the food was great! Limited menu but cooked to order and my husband loved the open roast beef sandwich special. Staff in restaurant great...front desk needs improvement. Free wifi but signal strength running from fair to good. Kind of strange that the pet friendly rooms are located on fourth floor, but we were okay with this. It's pricier than area hotels-charging for extra people in a room which is outrageous-but we do recommend staying here.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santee
0.6 km away
32.6 km away
Hampton Inn Manning
Hampton Inn Manning
#1 of 7 in Manning

Been to Holiday Inn Santee? Share your experiences!