“Worst Holiday Inn I've stayed at” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Santee

Holiday Inn Santee
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Santee
“Worst Holiday Inn I've stayed at”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

Slow. Painfully slow. It is a nice new hotel but as other reviews pointed out horrifically managed. My guess is ICH will make a move on the operator and force a sale or strip it of the brand. People seem ok. The second time I stayed there they charged me full fare as I checked in at 6am and made me check out at noon and not 3pm.

• Stayed June 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Santee, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Dear CharlestonResident,

Thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you like our nice new hotel. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Most importantly, I'd like to apologize for the issues you experienced at our hotel. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you would give us another chance to host you again on your future stays.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Polish first
Elkton, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

I stay at this hotel on my yearly visit to ST Mathews as a matter of fact I stayed here just after it opened but I don't remember how many years ago that was. You can walk to serveral different resturants and bars. There is truck parking in a lot next door. I am a big Holiday Inn Express fan and a holder of hundreds of thousands of Priority Club points and a former Royal Ambassador holder so beating up on one of their properties does not come easy for me.

The room was I stayed in this year was a great corner room no complaints there. However the bathroom was another story. There was mold in all four corners of the bathtub, dirt was built up in the corners of the floor. The bathtub stopper was not attached to the tub anymore and sitting on the tub edge. The towels were all thin and frayed.The hair dryer was the best, so much lint had accumulated on the intake that it rendered the dryer nearly useless. There were numerous handles missing on the dresser.

I did however sleep like a rock as the place was quiet. The Southern Hospitalitiy of the front desk makes coming to South Carolina a treat. I saw no reason to bruden them with my "concerns" and if Managment wants to check any of the above problems just go to room 228.

Room Tip: Get one of the corner rooms they are the best but a long walk to the elevator
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank coopervanning
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Santee, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear coopervanning,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for being a Priority Club Member. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Heading to Florida by myself with my dog. I was going to stop in Florence, but thought go further to stay in a Holiday Inn. What a smart decision.... I am willing to drive 11 hours to stop here! Room is slightly warm though.

Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Downingtown, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Convenient location right of I-95 and great staff, but we had two problems. Our room 203 backs up to the elevator! The off-on noise was loud and constant and prevented sleep after our 10-hour trip. Staff agreed to change our room. After re-dressing and re-packing, we were given a quieter room but not a non-smoking room, a challenge for an asthmatic! We can't imagine why room 203 and probably the others backed up to the elevator aren't either insulated or taken off the availability list. It's unkind to travelers. The rooms aren't cheap so we didn't get what we paid for.

Room Tip: Ask where the rooms are which back up to the elevator. Ask for nonsmoking.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Santee, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Dear Sue P,

Thank you for leaving a review. I deeply apologize for the problems you encountered with the noise from the elevator. Your feedback is very important to us. We take all comments seriously and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is any thing we can do to make your next stay more comfortable. Please do not hesitate to ask.

Katie J
Arlington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

Hotel is just off I95 and a good halfway point from DC to Orlando. Reasonable but not cheap and at least you have a good night sleep. Beds were comfortable. Indoor pool was ok, could be a little warmer. There is a good Thai restaurant down the road. The wildlife refuge about 15 minutes away is also a good place for a walk to stretch your legs.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Athens, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Nice Hotel. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. Had dinner at the restaurant and it very good. Only drawback was the a/c ---- didn't seem to cool as it should have.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Williamsburg, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

When I went out to dine at Clark's across the street I heard the room door close behind me. I figured it closed all the way and locked as usual but when I got make the door was open part way. I tried to lock from the inside but couldn't. The on duty handyman came and showed me how to lift up on the handle push in and turn the lock--GREAT.

The next morning I filled the sink to shave and after shaving the sink would not drain. The handle to release the plug was disconnected. when i brushed my teeth I rinsed out by spitting in the toilet.

Before leaving I decided to check my email but the passwork wouldn't work so I decided to chalk up the all stay as a bad experience without complaining about the morning problems. I did complain about the door the night before and got a 10% discount. 100% would have been more satisfactory.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Santee, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Craig G,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ben J
IHG Care
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santee
0.6 km away
1.0 km away
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#12 of 13 in Santee

Been to Holiday Inn Santee? Share your experiences!