Spartanburg Marriott
Residence Inn Spartanburg(Spartanburg)
US$119
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe concierge loungeunderground parkingfront deskbeautiful hotelkrispy kremelarge hoteldowntown areafull service hotelwofford collegepatio areasouthern hospitalityconference centerthe hotel stafffollowing morningvisiting spartanburgno hot waterbusiness trip
Reviewed April 17, 2012

The staff makes me feel right at home; warm and friendly with outstanding service. When I arrive, usually late in the evening, I am greeted by my name which is a very nice touch. The rooms are always clean with a great work space and good internet access. The Breakfast buffett is one of the best I have seen. The hotel is located downtown, close to restaurants and clubs. I would give this hotel the highest rating possible. Just a great place to stay!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Great service.The Spartanburg team took care of all my needs.
Rooms were clean and spacious. Facilities are first rate.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2012

The Marriott in Spartanburg was a great place to stay. The room was clean and spacious. From the moment I checked in and was greeted with a smile by the front desk staff to the amazing food prepared by your extremely friendly restaurant staff, my trip was wonderful. I would recommend anyone who is staying in the area to stay there. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Any room was great.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We are Canadians, living in Vancouver, British Columbia. We love the Spartanburg Marriott and have stayed in it on at least 5 occasions! It has a gracious "old South" ambience with large foyer and beautifully appointed rooms. The location in downtown Spartanburg is wonderful -- you can walk to shops, galleries, restaurants, and even to the campus of beautiful Wofford College! We try to stay in the Spartanburg Marriott every March break when we come to visit family in North & South Carolina.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2012

My mom, 4-year-old son and I shared a room with 2 double beds for a weekend in March. We stayed for 3 nights. The room was clean and comfortable and we all slept really well in the beds. There was plenty of room for the 3 of us. The bathroom was roomy too which was nice since 2 women had to get ready for several wedding-related events at the same time!

Most of the employees at the Marriott went out of their way to be friendly. We were greeted at check-in with a welcoming smile even though it was after midnight. Anyone we passed in the hallway or in the lobby said "hi" and asked us how we were doing. We really appreciated the positive attitudes.

The housekeeping staff left much to be desired. While friendly when we passed them in the hallway, they were extremely slow. The first day we left in the morning and the housekeeping cart was parked two rooms down. When we returned 4-5 hours later the cart had only moved one room and our room had not been cleaned. We left again and came back a few hours later to find that the cart was in the same place and our room still hadn't been cleaned. We were leaving again so we called down to the front desk to ask them to clean our room. When we returned late that evening there were new towels but nothing had been wiped down and only one of the beds had been made! Why would you make one but not the other? Weird. Also my mom was unhappy that the coffee wasn't replaced. The next day it wasn't cleaned at all and we didn't bother asking for it to be done. On the third day they came by and knocked while we were there and my mom asked for coffee. They gave us some but didn't have creamer and said they would bring some back. They never did. We were there with a large group of people and everyone was complaining about the lack of attention to the rooms.

The worst part of the stay came when we went to eat breakfast in the restaurant one morning. My mom had eaten there the day before and had a really good experience. She said that the waitress was super friendly and very accommodating and that the food had been good. When we went the following day however, it was a different story. We were a party of 8 and ordered off of the menu instead of doing the buffet and that apparently was our mistake. Even though we ordered things like oatmeal, eggs, and cereal with fruit and the restaurant was pretty empty we waited for 45 minutes for our food. My son was so hungry and kept asking where our food was. The waitress finally brought the cereal for the 3 people who ordered it but no fruit and the rest of us didn't get our food. We waited another 10-15 minutes without our order coming. Meanwhile the chef in the kitchen (it's an open kitchen so diners can see what's going on back there) was obviously angry. He was by himself on a Saturday morning so that was part of the problem and he was sick. He was coughing loudly without covering his mouth for several minutes. Then without washing his hands or the fruit he just coughed on he picked up the knife (also under the area he just coughed on) and started cutting the strawberries. He was throwing things and clearly mad. That was the last straw. I was not about to let my son eat those strawberries. At that point we had been waiting almost an hour for oatmeal and fruit. We told the waitress that we were leaving and went somewhere else. She was very apologetic and I felt bad for her. It was one of the worst dining experiences I've had.

I'm not sure that I would stay at this Marriott again. I'm honestly pretty easy to please and I could let the housekeeping slide but the chef in the restaurant was unacceptable.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Akshay B, Manager at Spartanburg Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Let me start by apologizing for what you encountered during your stay. This is not the standard level of service we deliver and will be addressed immediately. What took place during your stay is absolutely unacceptable and I assure you will not happen again. I can only hope you give us another chance in the future to prove this to you. We thank you again for staying with us and giving us your feedback. If you are willing could you please reach out to me I can personally ensure your next stay is courtesy of the hotel. We would sincerely like another chance to exceed your expectations.

Chris Reger